That feel when lifting for two months and girls at your gym are still stronger than you

>That feel when lifting for two months and girls at your gym are still stronger than you

i'm considering just cancelling my membership and giving up, lads. I'm so weak, i'm weaker than girls there

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aRf4Kqjf9Fo
youtube.com/watch?v=qctTFTxi3rI
youtube.com/watch?v=Ejg1Rmf5Ol8
instagram.com/victoria.liang/
youtube.com/watch?v=DZQ6Du0u17M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

you gotta be doing something wrong then, its virtually impossible to be weaker than regular girls if you're on a decent diet and training right

Thank you mutant

Shoulda done SS. Or SL 5x5. Or LITERALLY ANY OF THE STRUCTURED TRAINING PROGRAMS OUTLINED IN THE FUCKING STICKY.

>caring about external bullshit
anyway, what the hell is your programming like OP

>Shoulda done SS. Or SL 5x5. Or LITERALLY ANY OF THE STRUCTURED TRAINING PROGRAMS OUTLINED IN THE FUCKING STICKY.

I am doing them, but i'm also cutting because i'm fat.

I bench press 115lbs and squat 165, i don't even want to go to the gym today because i'm so ashamed of being weak as fuck

I used to think like that, but I have seen some legitimate genetic dead-ends. there was one guy in my gym who did SS, never skipped a workout (that I could tell) and after months of training he couldn't press the bar, squat much more than a plate or deadlift more than 2 plates. sure, he didn't do things perfectly, but I've seen plenty of people fuck up SS in every way imaginable and they would still show vastly better progress than he did.

> and after months of training he couldn't press the bar, squat much more than a plate or deadlift more than 2 plates.

He was NOT doing SS

yes, he was. that was the whole point of my post. I even did my best to coach him.

>i'm considering just cancelling my membership and giving up, lads
That way you'll certainly become stronger than them

If he couldn't press the bar after months, there might be something seriously physically wrong with him. That's just really really basic male strength right there.

thank you mutant

thats exacly what he said in his post you fucking meathead
jesus christ im triggered by that dumbness

I started SL 5x5 around the same time you did. Squatting 165 and benching 105 as well, with no indication of stalling in sight. How are you doing in the later reps? Are you stretching beforehand and taking half a minute to a minute breather?

I am struggling

I only do a warmup with the bar before my working sets and I rest 5 minutes between sets

He was either not eating enough or he was the world's most tragic insomniac. Even people with 12'' vertical jumps will make better progress than that if they even follow SS 75% right.

>2 months

Lifting is a marathon, not a sprint. Every strong person you see there has spent years getting to where they are. Everyone was weak once.

There is no end goal when you decide to become stronger. It never ends.

yes, which is why I'm calling him a genetic dead-end. he tried harder than a lot of people I've seen, but the progress just didn't happen. I've never seen anyone make progress that shitty on SS, even people who basically insist on doing everything wrong.

Did he at least look chubbier from following Rippetoe's dietary advice? Or does he really have a freak metabolism?

I might be retarded but what does 12" vertical jumps have to do with anything? and what is a decent vertical anyways?

> I'm not the best at the sport after 60 days
> welp better give up

Try to rest less and warm up more. You're basically shocking your body while doing your max, then letting it cool down. Build up weight, go from 10 kg>15kg>20kg, one set each, then do your regular maxed out sets. It'll loosen you up and prepare your muscles. Also see about stretching before the warmup. I can almost guarantee that's the problem, at least for squats. Try to deload the bench press and focus on form, maybe squeak another set in if you seem to be having an easy time. It's going to take patience.

What are your goals? Pl or bb?

Also, if youre cutting, worry about your bf going down, not you general strength.

We are all gonna make it brahs.

i miss her

>Try to rest less and warm up more

I thought you were suppose to rest 5 mins between heavy compound lifts? Doesn't muscle ATP reset back to 95% or so after 5 minutes whereas 3 minutes is only about 80% or some shit?

I remember reading that

>squat 340
>deadlift 400+
yh that skinny girl can't even do half that weight, the fuck is this from?

Why are you cutting fat?

>taking half a minute to a minute breather?

You really haven't lifted anything remotely heavy yet, have you?

I meant as in, he might fucking die soon. As in, you should tell him to see a doctor ASAP.

>Why are you cutting fat?

Because I am fat

SL 5x5 recommends 3 minutes if it's hard, 90 seconds if you didn't struggle between each set of each workout, IE 1 set squat, rest 90 sec, 1 set squat. You shouldn't need any more than 3 minutes, and that's to catch your breath and mentally prepare yourself for the weight.

Vertical jump is basically a picture of your genetics, specifically your power potential (how much of your strength you can display instantly.) It's a valuable proxy for overall strength regardless of how much lifting or sports-specific practice you've had because it's virtually untrainable.

16'' or below is unusually low, 22''-ish is average, anything above 30'' is unusually good, 36'' or whatever is freak-tier. I think the highest ever recorded has been something like 46'' at the NFL combine.

You probably went to high school with at least one guy who was just 'naturally athletic' and seemed to be able to get the hang of any physical activity fairly quickly. You also probably had at least one kid who was fuck awful at sports regardless of the effort he put in. First guy is a 30'', second guy is a 16'' or lower.

Both will get strong after lifting a lot, first one will get stronger quicker.

Oh I don't know, recorded and officially verified attempts?

youtube.com/watch?v=aRf4Kqjf9Fo

youtube.com/watch?v=qctTFTxi3rI

>You haven't lifted anything heavy

I started 2 months ago from basically nothing, am a fat fuck too, so what I'm currently doing is the heaviest I've ever touched. I take 30-60 seconds to keep track of progress, change songs, and get sweat off the bar before I squat, and go right back to it.

you do realize that is like the worst thing you can do right,?

Who has Mehdi ever trained and what is his experience in powerlifting

>you do realize that is like the worst thing you can do right,?

Yeah? Should I be bulking at over 25% bodyfat? I'll keep that in mind. Should I look like this when i'm done?

>that mediocre face and no-ass

this needs to be required reading

this is what 90% of you guys look like. See it from the perspective of the opposite gender, you just come across and bitter, unappealing, and insecure.

>muh lifts! muh prs!

still ugly, still unappealing. At least ugly is kind of the norm for men, I can only imagine how shitty it must be to be a young mediocre-looking female that kills it in the gym, when every other girl your age is 9/10 would fuck.

i thought you had cut fats from your diet xD sry user didn't read your first post

anyways doing a strength training program when you want to reduce bf is just dumb, you won't make good progress and you won't look that good

strength training programs are kind of a meme tbqhwy fampai

He probably has more experience than me and the other user combined. We both are following a beginner program for a reason, and having started roughly the same time, I seem to not be stalling as hard. There must be a reason for it, and I doubt it has to do with genetics, luck, or the grace of god.

I think an average vertical leap for a male in their 20s (probably considering they aren't fat as fuck) is 20'' or a shade higher.

There was some study that said D1 women's basketball players average 20 inches on the vertical leap. Which means a group of women specifically selected for their explosiveness are almost as good as the average male that just rolled out of bed. Which is why women suck so much shit at the majority of sports.

hey man, if being kinda plain motivates her to smash weights and achieve shit, im for it.

A lot of those 9/10s are gonna dry up and not have any real drive/notable skills when they age.

Once your squat goes above about 250 pounds, you'll start to realise what that guy meant.

are you retarded? she is easily a solid 7, and her personality makes her a 8,5

Mehdi has little to no experience in powerlifting and he hasn't really coached anyone. he's a marketer.

Your muscle ATP resets to approximately 80% after ~3 minutes of rest and about 95% after 5 minutes of rest. Why would you try to squat as heavy as possible(a linear strength training program) with only 80%? Makes no sense.

Like a boxjump? Ive done a 42" boxjump and seen a manlet do what i assume was close to 6feet boxjump. I just wonder where u got those figures from?

>sumo deadlifts

Okay, but how much does she ACTUALLY deadlift?

Okay, dingaling. Maybe you should tell us your height and weight so that we can offer better advice and laugh at you when it turns out you're 5'7''.

> imply sumo deadlifts aren't just as hard as conventional ones

youtube.com/watch?v=Ejg1Rmf5Ol8

>i'm weaker than girls there
iktf bro

around 205lbs and 5'11

instagram.com/victoria.liang/
more than you do bitchboy

its for 1rms, so it doesn't really count

You can definetly train your vertical. Your maximum is genetic but most people aren't even close to their maximum capabilities for vertical jump.

A standing vertical jump is not the same as a box jump, or a basketball jump, or indeed any other kind of jump. Look it up.

When's the last time you saw a fresh selection of healthy young girls? A 7 is average as fuck for girls.

Newsflash, the majority of young females (in non bumfuck areas) are pretty attractive.

you should not do strength training while on cut, do a good split, get yourself in shape and then do a real strength training or regular bulk if you want

kek give me a break everyone can sumo more than they can actually deadlift

yeah if i want a hottie young ill just go fuck a hooker, victoria is much more than just looks, she is waifu material

Lift for hypertrophy on a cut, then? huh.. Can you still make hypertrophy gains while cutting?

where is your deadlift video? :)

>you should not do strength training while on cut

Why?

No, boxjumps are something different. Box jumps you jump and then pull your feet up. You can jump 20 inches, pull your feet up 12 inches, and jump onto a 30 inch box, for example.

A vertical leap test, they first measure how high you can reach up with one arm from a standing position, then measure how high you can reach one arm up at the top of a jump made from a standing position. They subtract the former from the latter and you get your vertical leap.

Sort of like this:
youtube.com/watch?v=DZQ6Du0u17M

But that "no prejump" bullshit is bullshit. A vertical leap test conducted by someone who isn't a complete retard won't require you to fucking pause in a squat position before jumping.

i don't know exactly how to explain it in english but basically since your muscles are very weak and you have a lot of energy in your body because of all the fat, when you work out the training isn't enough to empty the glycogen and the sudden homeostasis break will force your body to reconstruct those muscles bigger and stronger, and like I said since you're not emptying all the glycogen your body will be able to do it even with a deficit diet.

Okay. FOR NOW I wouldn't be too in a hurry to lose weight, especially if you're specifically trying to get stronger.

What you need to do is stay about at they weight you are at, and eat less crap and more protein. This SHOULD allow you to get stronger without making you a complete fat ass.

Source: I'm 5'10'', 225 lbs, and I only look slightly doughy. And I squat 550 lbs.

Yeah ok i see the diffetence and id b happy with a 25" vert desu... gonna try it out sometime.

the gains in strength and size will won't be that good since you're on a deficit diet, you won't burn as much fat since you don't do cardio, it will take much longer to get to heavy weights and notice any changes wich might prompt you to quit

I mean, i guess you can go on and try it but it just doesn't seem right to me.. I have also never seen anyone here who started fat, did ss to begin on a cut and went on to make it.

I'd rather cut till i'm comfortable with my body and then bulk on a strength training program if thats i want

My best deadlift is 505, conventional.

Of course, I also outweigh her by 100 lbs, but I'm not half-repping.

It CAN be trained, but not to a great extent in most cases. A guy who, untrained, jumps 22'' might be able to squeeze out a 25'' jump with training.

It's not at all like strength where you can increase by 300% fairly easily. Possibly because in terms of pure strength, you can always just get heavier in order to lift more. Vertical leap is a power to bodyweight ratio test. Getting heavier might increase your absolute power output, but it also increases your bodyweight, and your vertical leap thus is not greatly affected, until you start getting SO fucking heavy that it starts declining.

>solid 7

Am I the only basement dwelling jackass that remembers what this meme originally meant?

i do too, meant it as a joke and im happy at least someone got it

>I mean, i guess you can go on and try it but it just doesn't seem right to me.. I have also never seen anyone here who started fat, did ss to begin on a cut and went on to make it.
>I'd rather cut till i'm comfortable with my body and then bulk on a strength training program if thats i want

Wouldn't it make more sense to cut while on SS to make as much gains as I can from my CNS adapting and learning proper form/technique and then when I'm low enough bodyfat to bulk slowly on the same routine?

Interesting, sounds good to me. I'll lift for hypertrophy now and cut down to where I should be. Thanks

So I should recomp?

I posted my body here before and everyone told me to cut

4 months in on a calory surplus, 8h+ sleep, no stress and counting both macro+micros and on a lower/upper split 2x a week i do 115lbs bench, 205lbs dl, 155 squat and 90lbs strict press 5x5 on all.

i consider these very low numbers but i started at the very bottom and have been progressing very nicely. yeah its pretty soulcrushing to see grills squatting or DLing more but they wont be for long. just keep going.

I honestly cant tell you, my opinion is based on self experience and reading other people's, as I said I believe you won't be making much strength or body gains if you're cutting on SS and you might also not drop much weight since you don't do cardio so it could take too long for it to work and you might plateau.
I honestly don't really see the point of strength training in general unless your focus is to power lift, on a good split and perfect diet you will see clearer results and will still make good progress in weights.

But yeah, if you really want strength I think you could do a small deficit and do SS, it probably won't change much the way you look but you might be able to get some progress.

>do 115lbs bench, 205lbs dl, 155 squat and 90lbs strict press 5x5 on all

How is that even possible? I've been lifting on a cut for under 2 months and I'm at 115lb bench, 215 deadlift, 165 squat, 45lb press

Remember it won't last for too long, eventually your body will plateau and you will have to lower your calories intake to keep up the weight loss, just try to be careful with what kind of cardio you're doing and to not eat too little proteins, i did that and it worked great for me.

leave your ego at the door, there is absolutely no shame in lifting "low" weights as long it feels very heavy to you and you're making progress, remember pic related.

you prolly had a way better starting point, i lived for 5 years as a NEET gamer with no diet to speak of. couldn't OHP the bar upon first entering, let alone bench it 5 times.

thanks, i'd like to think i lift somewhat egolessly. i'm pretty OCD when it comes to ROM and good mind-muscle connection.

good, you're on the right track