Hurrrr sugar is bad

>hurrrr sugar is bad

shitcunts all of you

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26376619
researchgate.net/profile/Richard_Surwit2/publication/14121677_Metabolic_and_behavioral_effects_of_a_high-sucrose_diet_during_weight_loss/links/0f3175320cba9ef86b000000.pdf
youtu.be/dBnniua6-oM
heart.org/HEARTORG/HealthyLiving/HealthyEating/Nutrition/Sugar-101_UCM_306024_Article.jsp#.V4uDKOt96Uk
cdc.gov/nchs/data/ad/ad348.pdf
uab.edu/news/innovation/item/4997-low-carb-diet-recommended-for-diabetics
youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM
medicalnewstoday.com/articles/257108.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Might want to post a pic of a healthy guy eating sugar next time bro

Weve been fed (kek) lies about everything. Even diet. It makes me angry.

Canadian nutrition recomends 25g

If its not bad, how much IS bad? What is a moderate healthy consumption of sugar?

This was just after he had rode like 250km in 24 hours or some shit.

is this what they meant when they said to carb load?

>being a carb shill

100+?

I douse everything I eat with pure olive oil

is this okay?

You have science to back that up?

>What is a moderate healthy consumption of sugar?
None

Wrong. He eats like this all the fucking time and barely bikes. Go look at his strava.

>hurrrr sugar is bad
and look at this faggot, that's how """"""""" good""""""""" sugar is, it makes you look like a fucking crackhead

"Fruit is pure sugar" scot mendelson

>wants to show that sugar is healthy
>posts gif of guy who looks like crack addict

>roiding for this

He's also severely mentally ill and looks half dead.

>barely bikes
>logged 448km this week

yeah hes not pulling pro level mileage but he rides alot

Is it possible to lose weight by cutting out all chocolate, chips etc and still drinking say soda drinks from time to time?

Recently I have just had my usual meals without any snacks as I used to. I do love soda tho but I do want to lose my belly fat

harley's advice works if you CONSTANTLY DO CARDIO. high carb low fat is perfect for that. but if you just sit at home all day
nah

beef what a relief

Sugar, both natural and refined, does not cause obesity, diabetes or heart disease. Most of the increase in sugar consumption in the West occurred following the Industrial Revolution, in the 19th century. Diabetes and obesity only started becoming problems in the second half of the 20th century when people had already been smashing in the sugar for decades. Refined sugar can be part of any healthy diet to supply enough calories and to improve the taste of food, especially in active people.

Sugar is just human fuel. Diabetes and obesity are caused by diets high in fat, saturated fat, added refined fat and animal products. Most people automatically compensate for calories they get from refined sugar, they don't compensate for calories from fat. Load up on sugar and drop the lard if you want to be lean.

>diets high in fat, saturated fat, added refined fat and animal products

>hurr fat bad
enjoy your no testosterone

t. Nestle

its fucking hilarious how your chart correlates with the increasing obesity, diabetes and heart disease in the US and you are talking about shit that's simply not true

what the fuck is wrong with your brain? nobody argues that a small amount of sugar can be implemented into any diet, but going as far as to say that it doesn't cause obesity or diabetes makes you deserve to be slapped across the face for being so stupid because it is exactly the kind of shit that landwhales from tumblr say constantly: "muh mocca frapuchino and liters of ice cream doesn't make me fat as long as I don't eat mcdonalds"

just read a medical paper instead of spouting stupidity to reinforce your own opinion

>there are actually people RIGHT NOW on Veeky Forums who think sugar shouldn't be avoided

ive seen crack addicts that look healthier than him

Why would you add sugar if oatmeal is supposed to be healthy? Also why not add fruit + a bit of cinnamon instead? These vegans are crazy.

>its fucking hilarious how your chart correlates with the increasing obesity, diabetes and heart disease in the US and you are talking about shit that's simply not true
It doesn't though. Diabetes prevalence was way under 1% in 1950. In 1950 people consumed 80% of the sugar consumed today. Obesity started going up massively in the 80s. So you're saying for some mystical reason 80 lbs/year sugar is fine, but 85 lbs makes you fat as fuck and diabetic? Great logic.

The whole "sugar makes you fat" theory is just a bunch of fucking wank that makes no sense. Same shit like that study out of China that said rice gives you diabetes. Fucking kek, rice consumption in China is down massively since the 60s, diabetes is skyrocketing. Chinese were getting over half their calories from refined white rice in 1950s and diabetes was unheard of. Carbphobes and sugarphobes are just fucking stupid.

>muh mocca frapuchino and liters of ice cream doesn't make me fat as long as I don't eat mcdonalds
Ice cream is a high-fat low-sugar food. Fatheads can't even identify a high-fat food when they see it, they just see the 40% of calories from sugar and think that's a lot, never mind the fucking 60% calories from fat.

There are strong indications that sugar does indirectly correlate with body weight.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26376619

just read a medical paper instead of spouting stupidity to reinforce your own opinion

>Ice cream is a high-fat low-sugar food
Please go back to tumblr so you can find new excuses to being fat

Fatties become more insulin sensitive on 50% sugar diet, more insulin resistant on low-carb

researchgate.net/profile/Richard_Surwit2/publication/14121677_Metabolic_and_behavioral_effects_of_a_high-sucrose_diet_during_weight_loss/links/0f3175320cba9ef86b000000.pdf

Are you retarded? 50% calories from fat is high-fat. 50% calories from carbs is low-carb. Can you do fucking math? 9x11 = 99 calories, 4x24 = 96 calories. There's actually more calories from fat than sugar, which means there is an insane amount of fat. So yes, ice cream is a high-fat low-sugar food, just like donuts, cookies, cakes, etc. Thanks for proving my point.

A fifty-fifty ratio is not high-X low-Y. You don't even know what you claimed in your previous post.

>Fatties become more insulin sensitive on 50% sugar diet, more insulin resistant on low-carb
During weight loss.

>In summary, our study failed to find any adverse metabolic
or behavioral effects of high sucrose consumption in a low-fat,
weight-loss diet. The total daily energy intake of our subjects
included a greater proportion of sucrose than would result from
diets incorporating the low-fat, high-sucrose foods on the market
today. We therefore conclude that the use of sucrose in a weight-loss regimen is unlikely to cause problems for the
average patient, as long as total energy intake is restricted.

Cool, this study proves that calories in < calories out leads to weight loss. And guess why it worked here? Because the subjects restricted their caloric intake. Fatties outside of this study would consume over their TDEE because sugar is making them crave more food.

Bitch, please. There's a reason why it's called sugar disease in many languages, and why before insulin, the only way to stay alive was to go extremely low carb and stay away from shit tier poors food like bread.

>I do loves muh soda
>muh curves
>muh cundishuns
>it's juhnetucks

Might as well kill yourself right now.

>A fifty-fifty ratio is not high-X low-Y
Yes it is. The baseline is human nutrient requirements. A food is very high in calcium if it contains 1% calcium. According to your great logic, all foods are low in calcium because a food is only high in calcium if it contains more calcium than anything else, at least 50% calcium by mass I guess. Fucking fantastic.

They improved their blood lipids on high-sugar. Read discussion section too. There's a mini-study where they put 3 people on high-sugar and low-carb diets alternating and it directly controls their fasting insulin, low-carb gives you diabetes but we already knew.

It's called sugar disease because diabetics cannot regulate their blood sugar. Did you know that some people have Type 1 diabetes and it has nothing to do with their diet?

>According to your great logic, all foods are low in calcium because a food is only high in calcium if it contains more calcium than anything else, at least 50% calcium by mass I guess
Where did I claim this is the definition of low/high?

Sugar is literally poison. Anyone who doesn't avoid consuming it in excess should watch this, just to challenge their view;

youtu.be/dBnniua6-oM

>Eating sugar

Enjoy your diabetes and non alcoholic fatty liver disease.
>muh fat is bad
Go back to the '60s with that.

I don't even cycle much and I've seen him at the top of Mount Lofty more than once.

>RDI of sugar for men is 150 calories.
heart.org/HEARTORG/HealthyLiving/HealthyEating/Nutrition/Sugar-101_UCM_306024_Article.jsp#.V4uDKOt96Uk

>RDI of total fat no more than 30%
cdc.gov/nchs/data/ad/ad348.pdf

For fat we are going to consider a 2k TDEE diet. So 66.66g of total fat.
This means that 100g of ice cream covers 56% (21g*4 / 150) of your sugar needs and 16.5% (11g / 66.66) of your total fat needs.
According to baseline requirements ice cream is higher in sugar compared to total fat.

He is a crackhead. He's admitted he used to be into drugs. Not just that but he's admitted to being a drug dealer. I have no respect for him or drug dealers.

If he's willing to ruin peoples lives for money with drugs I can guarantee you he'll do the same with youtube and pedalling his bullshit to make some cash.

Soda is the easiest addiction to kick, and therefore the easiest calories to lose

Don't be a faggot

>In dis here research
>funded by nestle, pepsico, nabisco and the coca cola company

Here's something that is not insane: uab.edu/news/innovation/item/4997-low-carb-diet-recommended-for-diabetics

kek and then he talks about 30k children dying or something

I douse your're mom with olive oil before i eat her. Is this okay?

In a time when diabeties was unheard of, people were dying of "natural causes"

>Ice cream is a high-fat low-sugar food

b8

That's because they didn't have no sugahs back then. Feed them twinkies and soda by the family pack and bam! Health for miles!

>Diabetes prevalence was way under 1% in 1950. In 1950 people consumed 80% of the sugar consumed today. Obesity started going up massively in the 80s
you mean when the first generation of people who grew up eating this much sugar started reaching middle age?

>user are you eating full fat cottage cheese? :/
>how about you try this juice i just made with 6 grapefruits!!
>love putting granola on this vanilla yogurt
>i bought ice cream because it was 2 for 1 and how could i resist?
FAT ROOMMATES

>mfw fat people try and tell me i have an unhealthy diet because i eat a chocolate bar every day when they literally make a stirfry with noodles and then serve it on rice

if what most overweight people consume is high on sugar (candy, chocolate, cookies, soda and so on) ofc it does indirectly correlate with body weight. it doesnt necessarily mean sugar itself makes them fat tho.
people are fat because their diet is shit and eating too many calories (from high-sugar food) coupled with bad habits is the main reason.

Please tell me how its not easier to over-consume on high sugar carbs compared to high fiber carbs. It has a direct effect on how full your body feels after eating a meal. If you eat anything with added sugar you basically agree to becoming fat by eating more.

>non alcoholic fatty liver disease.
abuse of sugar does that?

He made his blood tests public and it was thought that he could have AIDS

There is actually exactly zero evidence that fructose causes liver disease, and there isn't a single documented case of somebody developing liver disease from sugar consumption. It's a myth made up by a couple Jews to distract from the fact that fat makes you fat.

Nigga I don't need the glucose

thanks

what youre saying is true to an extent but also remember that sugar most likely had lesser health effects as prior generations were much more active prior to modern industrial automation.

i always put it this way: sliced bread is an allegory for obesity as it combines the two major associated influencing factors; abundance and sedentation. less work to make, easier to get more

by and large we have an activity problem, not a diet problem, but theres truth to both sides of this

>he doesn't know about hyperinsulinemia
kekity kek

Thermodynamics makes you fat, retard.

Processed sugar could be argued as bad. rather than two molecules of glucose, it has a molecule of glucose and sucrose. Sucrose basically goes straight to fat because it is difficult for the body to break it down immediately and use it.

Organic sugar is better than processed

What is de novo lipogenesis for $500, Alex.

The only sugars you should be eating are fruits. Amd there is no limit for how many fruits you can eat. Some people are fruitarians and healthier than ever.

Processed sugar is literally toxic.

>total fat 16% daily value
>saturated fat 35% daily value

>total carbs 8% daily value

>icecream is a high carb food

Your low carb diet is making you demented

>sugar does not cause diabetes

>novo lipogenesis
The enzymatic pathway for converting dietary carbohydrate (CHO) into fat, or de novo lipogenesis (DNL), is present in humans, whereas the capacity to convert fats into CHO does not exist. Here, the quantitative importance of DNL in humans is reviewed, focusing on the response to increased intake of dietary CHO. Eucaloric replacement of dietary fat by CHO does not induce hepatic DNL to any substantial degree. Similarly, addition of CHO to a mixed diet does not increase hepatic DNL to quantitatively important levels, as long as CHO energy intake remains less than total energy expenditure (TEE). Instead, dietary CHO replaces fat in the whole-body fuel mixture, even in the post-absorptive state. Body fat is thereby accrued, but the pathway of DNL is not traversed; instead, a coordinated set of metabolic adaptations, including resistance of hepatic glucose production to suppression by insulin, occurs that allows CHO oxidation to increase and match CHO intake. Only when CHO energy intake exceeds TEE does DNL in liver or adipose tissue contribute significantly to the whole-body energy economy. It is concluded that DNL is not the pathway of first resort for added dietary CHO, in humans.

Gram of fat = 9 calories
Gram of carb = 4 calories

Even it it was a 50/50 split food of grams from carb and fat it still has more calories from fat.

This has to be bait. There's no way somebody can actually be this retarded and still be capable of breathing

If anyone needs any kind of diet 'advice', it would be the exact opposite of what this user just said.

>animal products
I understand now. It's a retarded vegan

DNL takes %30 of the calories in CHO consumed to be used up in the process.

>Some people are fruitarians and healthier than ever

I wouldn't have so hard time beliving this if all of them wouldn't look like they escaped form a concentration camp. It also doesn't seem all that practical or natural to eat around 10kg of fruit a day and nothing else. Isn't that where the amount revolves around roughly?

DNL rarely happens because of the calorie expenditure unless you go far beyond TDEE?

I would love for some kind of feature that restricted you from posting in these kinds of threads until you post a verified, time-stamped picture of your body.

I'm sitting here imagining landwhales arguing about why their ice-cream isn't as bad for you as the other user's soda

If you even take a second to consider the statement 'all calories are equal' its already too fucking late and you should be shot before you accidentally reproduce.

I wouldnt drink soda because of the acid. I have experimentes with adding a couple of teaspoons of sugar to water

literally zero

>Sugar makes you fat! Fructose gets converted to fat in the liver!
>All these people on high-sugar diets look like they have AIDS/coming out of Auschwitz, see how unhealthy it is!
This is your brain on low-carb

I'm pretty sure they don't "recommend". They say if you're gonna eat sugar, only eat this much.

Yes bro you need to eat 22 pounds of fruit everyday to survive bro uhuh

So. Guys. I gotta ask y'all a question about sugar.

Can your body tell the difference between added, manufactured sugar and sugar that comes from shit like apples? In other words, does your body react differently to fructose than it does to sucrose?

Bumping wich wite wice

the only b8 better is masterb8

Sucrose is glucose + fructose, and all fruits contain sucrose, fructose and glucose. The sugars in raw fruits and vegetables are generally digested a little more slowly because they are contained in chunks and cells that have to be broken down. Whether the speed of absorption really matters a whole lot in terms of health is at the core of the sugar controversy. The other controversy is about fructose (both free and as part of sucrose).

youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM

Fructose is fucking terrible for you.

Glucose is the shit.

RDI for sugar differs vastly from the RDI of carbs.

Nice red herring, but the other user was measuring based on daily needs. And according to this measurement ice cream is a low fat high sugar food item.

I really tried my hardest not to reply to this silliness but here you go.

According to these meme calculations, butter is a low-fat item because 1 gram of butter only supplies 0.8 grams of fat. Wow, that's a crazy low amount. And 1 gram of ice cream has even less, so it is a super-low-fat food. Amazing!

>discourse assumes 100g portion sizes because nobody ever just eats 1g of butter or ice cream
Nice fallacy mate.

Thanks m9. I cut my sugar intake a few years ago when I initially lost my weight (~270 to current 178), but I only really cut ADDED sugar. I still eat fruit, and I fucking LOVE me some sweet peas.

Diabetes runs in my family, so I'm trying to get it down all together, added or otherwise.

So people eat 100g of butter? Alrighty then.

Sugar does not cause diabetes though, that's the point. Fat, animal products and obesity cause diabetes.

There is nothing worse than some asshole who defines his superiority over everyone by his diet. I can even handle better some fatass trying to tell me what I am doing is wrong, at least it's already confirmed he's delusional. But some fapjack trying to act like he's hot shit because he lifts weights and doesn't eat sugar? fuck of loser.

Retards can argue all they want about how fructose is shit, how glucose and any other kind of sugar is that and that. Of course if you eat a shit ton of fruit you're gonna be obese.

The important stuff comes with the glycemic index. This is mostly why people prefer eating apples or oranges or whatever fruit or vegetable instead of eating bread or ice cream. Now if you can shut your brain and stop hunger then eat whatever you want.

Why is this important? Because bigger glycemic peaks means more insuline, and insuline it's the main anabolic hormone in our body.

When it comes to weight it's mostly calories in and out but it's a bit more complex and relative when it comes to having a low bf and staying healthy.

>So people eat 100g of butter? Alrighty then.
The brainlet is still missing the point ;^)

>Sugar does not cause diabetes though, that's the point. Fat, animal products and obesity cause diabetes.
Vegan moron detected
medicalnewstoday.com/articles/257108.php

Diabetes is caused because we lacked the insuline to lower our glycemia to normal levels. Diets high in fat and obesity are related but they are not the cause of diabetes.

Eating lots of fat will give you hepatic steatosis and atherosclerosis. Obesity is caused because we eat more of what we use, and insuline has a main role here, which means sugars and tons of food.