Rumination

Anyone else recall their embarrassing fuck ups and yell out shit out of the blue like you have tourettes.

I ruminate on the bad past experiences and i feel like its making me an autist. Its not as bad when im im public. I would just breathe loudly or move my mouth or nose around. If im alone, i would scream and swear. How do i stop hating myself

uh. i do this too.

i have a lot of powerfully embarrassing moments, god i have some doozies. and im always coming up with new, inventive ways to embarrass myself. when they're fresh, if they're bad it can double me over in cringe.

does this mean i have autism? or ass burgers?

I cringe when I remember my younger self too, usually happens deep in thought before sleep

Pretty sure it happens to everyone. If you want cringe, look through mails/messages you wrote years ago.

I do that too. Out of nowhere I remember some meaningless past stupidity and shout out goddammit. Sometimes I wonder if neighbors hear and think me insane.
It's annoying but pretty harmless. Self criticism sometimes stings but also refines us. People who think too highly of their past have much bigger problem.

>this image

time ran out for Pepe

Thank fuck, I thought I was the only one that does this. When these embarrassing, cringe as fuck moments in the past keep me up at night I'll have to say something like "Fucking stop, fuck you, goddammit" until those thoughts fade away or distract myself with something else. How wonder how long I can keep this up.

>These images

Fuck I love these so much because I don't have any context and I like it that way; do you have the whole set?

I meant "I wonder", fuck me.

I thought i was the only one that
had this problem

Yes, I do this a lot. Some embarrassing memory will pop into my head and I'll unconsciously shout out "fuck me" or something like that. Didn't realize other people did this.

I thought it's just the one
but maybe there is a whole story somewhere

Honestly makes me feel better that im not the only fag that does this

I think it's pretty common. It's best to push it out of the way so you can live your day to day life, with it only surfacing when you're trying to sleep and have to suffer alone with your thoughts.

Yea I sometimes shake my head as I can't deal with it (I have done some pretty cringe stuff). In public, I deeply sigh or hum a little.

Fuck I didn't know this was so common. Worst time is before I sleep and just before I wake up, and then when I'm doing repetitive tasks. Fuck my life.

but i feel like its the female version of the 'sad feels fitizen in a dim room' except i dont really get a lot of whats going on.

Oh man, I figured I was alone and nobody else was crazy enough to do this. At times I'll remember something cringey or something else that bothers me and I'll go like "nobody else even remembers that shit goddammiiittt", "FUUUCKK" or groan in pain real loud, etc. If I'm outside I sigh in frustration or take a moment to pinch the bridge of my nose or run my hands over my face.

if someone were to secretly audio record me in my car or my house (live alone, can shout all i want) there would be a lot of random "fuck"s and the like, seemingly out of the clear blue for no reason...

>oh jesus
>fuUUUuck
>fucking christ
>good fucking god
>holy shit what is wrong with you
>christ almighty, dude
>god, jesus fuck
>sigh

>FUCK FUCK FUCKING FUCK GOD CHRIST FUCK
et cetera, et cetera

this

I've developed some trigger phrases I use to get my mind to focus on something else when it starts remembering something cringey. I usually have to change them up because my brain seems to get used to them over time. Currently just ask myself where do people go when they die? But also just randomly saying nigger sometimes helps reset my mind too.

>But also just randomly saying nigger sometimes helps reset my mind too.
next time im in line at the grocery store and the guy behind me just mutters 'nigger' randomly, but no black people are around, ill understand why.

I didn't realize I was on r9k

This happens to me during long car rides by myself. Like every time.

Fucking hell this thread I thought it was just me and I could hide it fuck fuck fuck

Happens to me too.

I usualy start whistling when this happens

OP, I'm pretty sure that literally everyone does this. Including me.

By having a successful psychotherapy of course.

Every fucking day, lad. Just tell yourself that it's better to learn these things early and never repeat the mistake in the future even if the memory is excrutiating. I think a certain level of rumination is important, it keeps you on your toes and inspires the improvement process.

>tfw every day think of what could have been with her if only I hadn't been a socially oblivious autist around women until about a year ago
>tfw i'll never meet anyone like her again

Nobody remembers these things. The only evidence such an event happened is in your mind.

Same shit here.

I was actually considering writing down every single cringy event I could think of in some document, maybe it would help, but I never had the strenght to go that deep into my mind.

Some of those memories are buried for a reason