Is cardio in the morning on empty stomach a meme or does it make a difference?

is cardio in the morning on empty stomach a meme or does it make a difference?

Other urls found in this thread:

journals.cambridge.org/action/displayAbstract?fromPage=online&aid=8962935&fileId=S0007114512005582
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10329975
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

its a great fat loss cardio if done right

dunno but it sure is fun and actually makes me huingry

I do it. i dont cramp as easily and the meal afterwards is much better.

the thing is if i do this i feel groggy and foggy for the rest of the day

whats your post run meal like? are you sleeping enough?

quark with fruits or a burrito filled with beans and a kind or protein cheese.

i sleep usually not enough and bad. but even on those rare days i slept well and good its bad.

i would like to do morning cardio - but its not worth walking though the rest of the day like a zombie

i love doing cardio and lifting on an empty stomach. during college i would wake up, drink coffee, and hit the gym and then go for a run every single day.

god tier. would never cramp

doing high impact training on an empty belly is horrible and might even be dangerous, stay safe user

Yes and no.
Yes, it makes a difference what time of day you do cardio and how much you eat beforehand. Some people have more energy in the morning and if that's you then you should do it in the morning. Other people have very little energy in the morning and they should probably do it some other time. Likewise, some people feel much better doing cardio on an empty stomach while some need to have a good meal beforehand or they feel weak, nauseous, etc. Again, do whatever suits you best. The takeaway here is you want to be doing it under conditions which allow you to get the best workout you can.
No, there is not some magic combination of morning and empty stomach that makes you burn more fat than another time of day or state of fullness. If you feel like a zombie during a fasted morning run and are dragging your feet the whole time, don't do it.

yes there is lol
you should never lift on an empty stomach but doing low/med intensity cardio with a completely empty stomach will force your body to use mainly fat as energy.

cba explaining everything right now but look it up

I'm to lazy to find the link but the study said that you burn up to 20% more calories in a fasted state but also your metabolism with muscle is increased so it's good for cutting just eat after

I've already looked it up, because this topic comes up on Veeky Forums pretty regularly. If you feel you have a convincing argument then I'll listen to it, but you're probably wrong.

>tfw summerfag
>tfw wake up at 10 every day
>tfw live in hot as shit midwest
>tfw have to wait for night to run
>tfw i go almost half the distance and suffer through twice the pain
>tfw i refuse to wake up earlier

how do you do it in the winter lad

do you get lots of snow?

i'm convinced by the fact that i have seen actual pros doing it and having good results and ive done it myself.
show me arguments against it that are not: "you will be burning less fat later in the day goy, just buy our supplements and always workout well fed, good goy"

Sometimes. Surprisingly I actually do better in the cold. Believe it or not I actually once ran a half marathon when it was below freezing, body had almost completely givin up at that point.

>journals.cambridge.org/action/displayAbstract?fromPage=online&aid=8962935&fileId=S0007114512005582
> exercising in a fasted state can burn almost 20 percent more fat
Oh wow. Almost 20 percent more than usual! It's a weight loss miracle.

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10329975
But not so fast. This one says 22 percent more than normal.

these trials are pretty retarded tbqh and missed the point

anyways
>people say it works so it certainly doesn't xd
t. you

keep cycling and sweating away like a moron

Damn, do you just wear the same stuff in the cold? Just run to keep warm? I barely do cardio and need to start to not be a pathetic cunt so just curious how others do it in different weather

I wasn't even that other guy. I'm a runner, and I know that most of my training wouldn't even be possible if my body "burned mostly fat" in the morning.

Yeah I wore sweatpants and pic related with an undershirt. It was like only 28-30ish and below that I might just do something indoors