>lat pull down 120lbs 3x8
>can only do 15kg assisted wide grip pull up 3x8

bad feel bro

>Can DL and skwat 410
>Can only bench 190

brehs.

Can't do many pull ups because of a permanently dislocated joint. Feelsbadman

I weigh nearly 240 and I can do 8-10 solid pullups or chinups no problem

I can do around 15 chinups at 200lbs. No excuses.

How much do I need to lat pulldown to do some chins?

Also do you mean supinated grip or pronated?

You'll get there.
>was a 200lb fatty
>couldn't do a single chin-up
>fast forward 8 years
>weigh 200lb but jacked this time
>doing sets of 8 with an extra 110lb

We're all gonna make it.

Isnt it obvious? If i weigh 180 lb and can lat pulldown 180 lb then i should be able to do pullups. The same muscles are pulling the same amount of weight

Really? 180lb pulldowns are kind of uncommon and yet people do pullups fine. isn't it a bit easier to do pullups than pulldowns? Cus I got no clue how to get to 200lb pulldowns

Most people who can do pullups don't weigh 180.

Lat pulldown and chinup/pullup is not a 1 to 1 conversion but I found that once I hit 160 on the lat pull down, when I weighed 155 I was able to do chins and pullups.

Damn so what do?

Because there is no way I'm getting to 200lb pulldowns on a cut. Maybe jusy skip pullups for a year or two til I get strong as fck?

If you're cutting, you shouldn't have to reach 200. By the time you're finished dropping weight you should have lost enough fat and gained enough lat pulldown strength to have at least a decent shot at pullups.

I can't even do a deadhang for 25 seconds without my shoulder starting to shake and my grip slipping ;-;

I did pullups until I got 80kg for sets of 10. I was weighing roughly 80kg at that time. Switched over to pullups with 5-10 sets of 1-3 and eventually while gaining weight got up to 5x8 BW. Today, weighing 100kg I maintained this strength but now I can't figure out how to do pulldowns again. Just feels awkward and like a waste of time.

wut? I weigh 210 lbs and its not much, but I can do 8 wide grip pullups at a time with no weight added.

I can only do 135 lbs on lat pulldowns though. I go for 5 rep sets and I only count the ones that make it down to my nose/chin area. Tomorrow is back day so I'll try to up those numbers lol

Do you have access to an assisted pull-up machine? I used that when I was a fatass, started at 100 lbs of assist at 220 lbs body weight and now I do weighted pull-ups with 30 lbs at 190 lbs body weight.

>Do you have access to an assisted pull-up machine?

Yes ofc, but it don't like it that much. The grips feels weird and it just doesn't feel comfortable to use that much.

I tried to do assisted dips and i nearly snapped my shoulders in half

are you me?

I never did lat pulldowns, do I don't know. If you can't do chins you should start doing them with slow negatives imhos...

Chinups are supinated grip.
Pullups are pronated grip.

Unless your lat pulldown machine is seriously lying about the weights involved, that really should not be possible.

Chinups/pullups are nearly impossible at heavier weight. Don't feel bad. Do some negatives with them and build up the strength needed.

assisted chinup at -75lbs

long arms

>be 240 pounds
>can only do 3x5 pull ups
>cut to 200
>still only doing 3x5 pull ups
explain pls this is suffering

because you're not progressively overloading.

Your lat pulldowns aren't remotely impressive fatass. I'm 180lbs and can do 25 pullups 1v1me

>125lb lat pulldowns
>I'm a grill and I can do 120
THANK MR. SKELTAL

WEAK. FAT and WEAK.

Wat
I'm 95kg and do 3x8 wide grip after training for a month

I was once like you

You do anything you can.

Assisted pull-ups. Do as many you can

Lower the assistance weight.

Until you reach the point where you can do unassisted

And then you keep doing them and one day you can do weighted pullups

>try do lat pulldowns
>lift myself up instead of pulling the weight down

i started using the back portion of pic related 2x a week in place of chin-ups on Greyskull LP and after a few weeks i'm finally able to do a couple of strict chin-ups and like one pull-up. i was at a playground yesterday and repped out a bunch of partials without even realizing i could do any at all. it was the greatest minor Veeky Forums achievement for me so far.

now i'm considering adding a pull-up bar to my backyard so i can grease the groove on a daily basis.

Im 205lbs and can wide grip pull up for 10-12
No excuse

I don't have arms.

make sure you're using the knee brace thing. it will lock in place so you don't go up with the weight. if you don't have one then lower the weight and work on control, especially as you lower the weight/raise the bar

But are you fat, you fuck?

Guys what do you think about weight fluctuation and bw exercises? Especially on my bulk my weight fluctuates about 5lbs, clothes weight not even added. Im still struggling to get 3x5 out and feel like my reps are sometimes weighted, sometimes assisted

lb lat pulldowns
>>I'm a grill and I can do 120
>THANK MR. SKELTAL

Now that was just straight cold hearted

Clearly not, dumbass. Don't ever reply to me again.

obviously you should pull down as much as you weigh

>125lb 3x8 Lat pull down
Lmao dude no wonder you can't do a single pull-up; that's weak as fuck f a m

sorry family, 125lb lat pulldown is literally nothing.
if you are fat and not putting the weight selector thing at the very bottom for your reps, you are weak af.

I am 285lbs, add a 40lb dumbell to my lat pull down machine for the 3x5 now and I can barely squeeze out a pull-up

How?

I've almost never seen people lat pulldown much more than that without swinging their entire back to pull it down

do a SS type routine i.e.:

60% of 1RM x 5
80% of 1RM x 5
90% of 1RM x 5 x 3

-do that instead of the pull-ups in SS/SL 5x5 because you don't have an assisted pull-up machine
-gradually proceed by incrementally increasing weight
-hit these weights

If you are this weak, you are in on your way to some sick noob Latissimus Dorsi gains VERY fast ( I am talking increasing weight twice a week at times). now just don't get discouraged when you are on the other side of it. If you are fat (at ~25-30% bf), you will probably hit a wall quite a bit before being able to squeeze a pull-up, but keep going.

Last time I did it, it coincided with dropping like 60lbs of body weight, and holy shit, if you are good looking enough you will get girls all over your dick in a sec

Lmao you're weak op

>6'4 250
>can do 8 strict dead hang pullups

Just do negatives op that's how I was able to do my first one

I have an assisted pull up machine but I don't like it that much desu

if you can lat pulldown 150lbs that isn't equivalent to a pullup at 150lbs

typical lat pull down bar weighs about 20lbs

>200lbs
>can't do a pull up

Unless you're 5'9'', you're not an irredeemable fatass. I weigh 180 and I do pull ups with a 35 strapped to my waist. Follow gooby's youtube video about it. It's where I started. Even when I was at 210@6'1'', I could do two or three.

youtube.com/watch?v=mRznU6pzez0

is that DLBs lost twin?

S A V A G E
A
V
A
G
E

Few things are more impressive than seeing someone do weighted pullups. Alpha as all hell.

Mwf I do lat pull downs 100lbs, 120, 140, 160lbs 12 reps each and then 180lbs 8 reps, then 200 5x5. You're weak as fuck, bitch.

>You're weak as fuck, bitch

Yeah thanks, I've only been going to the gym for a little over a month

Should've started to doing weighted as you lost weight

fair point. OP, to make sure you get it, it means that it's EASIER to do a 150lb pull down than a pull up at 150lb

I can do 12 full pullups at 155lbs though I can only do 12 reps of pulldowns at 145lbs.

i did 10 pull ups max. i have done 4x6 before as a workout. chin ups i can do 13 max. usually go for 3x8

5'11 at 175 lbs. im skinny fat though

>kg
>pl8
>lbs
>kg

I'm with you on this one

220lb, 30% BF and did 5x3 pullups (no kipping and chest to bar) + 5x5 dips last night.

Hurrrrrrr.

Because fat is heavy and unnecessary

>can do 260 lat pulldown for 3 reps
> 188 bodyweight
> can do +90lb pullup for 2 reps

> wtf?

215 down from 370+, It'll come with time, hit biceps harder for more assistance. Currently I can only do 5 chin ups but thats literally came from months of not even being able to hold myself up on a bar.