TFW CANNOT FUCKING BENT OVER BARBELL ROW WITH HURTING EITHER MY SHOULDER OR MY LOWER BACK

>TFW CANNOT FUCKING BENT OVER BARBELL ROW WITH HURTING EITHER MY SHOULDER OR MY LOWER BACK

EXPLAIN THIS FUCKING BULLSHIT MOVEMENT!!!!

I DONT EVEN FEEL THIS SHIT IN MY LATS. WHAT THE FUCK Veeky Forums????

I've watched every video! Is there one whefe rippetoe explains it or something? Because I'm not getting this shit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Weu9HMHdiDA
youtube.com/watch?v=G8l_8chR5BE
youtube.com/watch?v=vl_Ias399Pk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Lower the weight if you can't manage it

But I CAN manage it, it just feels uncomfy in my lower back and my shoulder kind of hurts

>But I CAN manage it
>it just feels uncomfy in my lower back and my shoulder kind of hurts

choose one and only one

Well I mean I can get the weight up to where it is needed without doing some autistic form or swinging it with my entire back, but it does not feel comfortable. You get me?

youtube.com/watch?v=Weu9HMHdiDA

Yeah, it means you need to lower the weight

Because Bent over barbell rows is a meme excersise. do tbar or dumbs if your gym has heavy enough dumbells

Poooor fooorm. Like 37 fucking bazillion people said the same thing as you and totally shut up when they fucking retracted and depressed their fucking scapulae. Pls.

I'm omw to snap city right now. Can't sleep to much pain. Not sure what did it. I want even supposed to lift today fuark breeehssss see you on the other side

>when they fucking retracted and depressed their fucking scapulae

How are you suppose to fucking pull with a retracted and depressed scapula???

With muscles, lower the weight

It is literally impossible to pull with your lats with a retracted scapula. That makes absolutely no sense.

Do you also do cable rows with a retracted scapula?

I think he mean that people dont pull weight far enough for retraction of scapula to happen.

bump

LOWER THE FUCKING WEIGHT

that doesn't help me with form tho

it will.

youtube.com/watch?v=G8l_8chR5BE

What everyone here is trying to tell you is, lower the weight and practice form. We all know you are He-man and can lift a lot of weight on the row, but try practicing the form of the exercise before adding weight.

youtube.com/watch?v=vl_Ias399Pk

Lower the weight and add dumbell rows. Its obv u cant handle the weight if your shoulders give in.

Yep I used to hate barbell rows too because I could never feel my lats activating and like you said my lower back hurt from it.

Let me ask you a question: when you pull the weight, try pulling it to your waist and squeezing your last as much as you can instead of your chest or stomach. This takes alot of pressure off of your lower back and will allow you to add more weight quickly. I literally went from 165 to 225 in like 3 weeks using this technique. It's how Dorian Yates does it

what's the question?

Lol. Its early bro and I'm hung over. Meant to ask you where on your body do you pull to on the row

If your lower back hurts try wearing a lifting belt.

if your lower back hurts try making sure your hip hinge is not a complete fuckup

>doing meme over rows
>at all
There is LITERALLY NO muscle that rows train that deadlifts and pullups don't.
Do your deadlifts
Do your pullups
Don't row at all
Congratulations, you've made it. You're welcome

kys

no u

Stop using barbells for rowing.

Dumbells, cables, t-bar are all better.

Barbell =/= automatically superior.

chest supported t-bar literally GOAT

weighted pullups are far superior, just progressively overload. once you can rep 100lb added easily you will see the beginnings of a fuarked back. i can rep 30-50 poons depending on the variation and if its thumbless or not, and the difference in my back compared to when i could only do 9 unweighted chins is significant.

lower the weight you retard
start with 5 lbs and work up 5% every session
eventually 100 lbs will feel the same as 5 lbs did that very first day

THAT MEANS YOU NEED TO LOWER THE WEIGHT
EVERYTHING IS INTERTWINED MAN
ALL YOUR MUSCLES CREATE A FRAME
YOUR FRAME CANT HANDLE IT
SO LOWER THE FUCKING WEIGHT
MORON

How do I not hate bent over rows? If I go heavy on them my form suffers. I start to lean back and it becomes more of a shrug than a row. And if I decrease the weight so I can perfect my form I end up with a weight I can pull for like 16 reps. And when I try to increase the weight my form still suffers.

try deadlifting the bar up first then lowering it to find tension in your glutes and hamstrings

Replace with dumbbell rows and move on.

Spread your legs more and fan your toes no more than 45 degrees. Start with a weight thats manageable.

op here, what do you mean by this? I pretty much just pull my elbows back and pull it to my hips. Idk I'm really not getting it doesn't feel as smooth as any youtube video for some reason

Try reverse grip. This helped me. The other grip made my fingers numb and elbow pop due to muh tendonitis fml.

Hey OP don't know if you're still here but look up videos on Dorian Yates teaching the barbell row.

In pic related, this is what the typical person doing a row looks like - they pull the bar to their lower chest/upper stomach. The black line I drew is across the waist, the point you should be pulling towards and making contact with during every rep.

Always remember to keep tension on your core, keep your shoulders locked back, and a neutral spine. Pull to your waist and squeeze, then let the negative down slowly.

Even doing 3x5 of this, I can really feel my lats getting engaged.

Then do progressive overload? Lol.

3x5-8 bruh. Choose a weight that's doable and add weight slowly

I did man.

Still not getting it. That IS where I pull to btw.

Should I be letting my shoulders get pulled down kind of like cable rows? Or should they be more back?

you need to train your body first to fucking be able to handle those weights you fucking idiot.

barbell row is something which you should start in 6 months to a year.
side latereals and fly pull ups should be your main focus.
After that bent in side latereals, fly pull ups and good shoulder work outs.
After you have control over them you do dumbell rows in a good form to get yourself used to it.

And only after that you do it.

>pulling through your waist

mosterdgas

do pendlay rows you dumb fucks