Post Essential Veeky Forums Literature

Other urls found in this thread:

nymag.com/scienceofus/2015/06/problem-with-the-grain-brain-doctor.html
stoa.org.uk/topics/bullshit/pdf/on-bullshit.pdf
gutenberg.org/
tusfiles_._net/y5d1vew4y8nl
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A strong body needs a strong mind.

He was flatulent and failed because he was a vegetarian.

These two.

The sex god method
Sexual intelligence
48 laws of power
Dress like a man, a style guide for men
Dave ramsay, The total money makeover
Adulting, how to become a grown up
Verbal judo
How to talk to anyone, 92 tricks
What everybody is saying
Think and grow rich napoleon hill
The war of art break through the blocks and win your inner creative battles
How to win friends and influence people
Rational male
Book of pook
99 attractive traits that drive women crazy
Women like meat, Megan Biesele
No more mister nice guy
The manual what women want
Models: attraction through honesty
The gallic wars, Julius Ceasar
Mary beard, SPQR
Infantry attack erwin rommel
Tommy: The british soldier on the western front
Storm of steel
The price of admirality, John Keegan
Lords of the sky, Dan Hampton
An list of books I'm looking to buy, kinda fits in this thread I believe.

Is any of this really true? I read grain brain and feel as though the author seems like a scam artist

Severely outdated books which basic calls you to be a kiss ass and have no spine

Obvious No-Brainer

He's a certified neurologist.

Bump.

Only people ive met irl that read and talk about this book are extreme tools and underachieving delusionals.

That book is amazing, actually made me understand how people think and what they want.

I've heard war of art is good.

most people hide their power level

I think it was a fine enough read. I think if its the only self help book youve read youre more likely to go on and on about it but unlikely to have really developed a personal philosophy yet.

the first half is

So why did you post that? It's built to weaken you.

This is much better.

Sure I'll dump a few things. I wish the user who made these still lurked.

This is good for no-homo homosexuals literally built like Greek statues.

These are all good, but what do they have to do with Veeky Forums?

Directly, at least.

Enjoy. Let's make more of these sometime.

Specifically? They have nothing to do with fitness. These books wont tezch you how to lift or proper form and nutrition obviously. These are novels that are supposed to appeal to a young man in his formative years 18-25 which is Veeky Forumss demographic.

More like Veeky Forums's demographic.

May as well use Veeky Forums's standard charts, is what I'm saying.

I feel like a lot of Veeky Forums would share Plato's fetish for the muscular master race guardians of the state.

Is this book really that great?

Nah Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums are two very different boards. One board is full of insecure beta males who don't lift and the other is full of people who like books.

A FEW OF THE BEST GENERAL NON FICTION I'VE READ SO FAR:

James Allen - As A Man Thinketh
Marcus Aurellies - Meditations
Victor Frankl - Man's Search For Meaning
Robert Greene - Mastery

A FEW OF THE BEST STRENGTH & CONDITIONING I'VE READ SO FAR (might not be what you're after if you're just bodybuilding):

Mel Siff & Yuri Verkhoshansky - Super Training
Zatsiorsky- Biomechanics In Sport
David Joyce & Daniel Lewindon - High Performance Training For Sports

BONUS: NSCA - Essentials of Strength Training and Conditioning (not actually one of my favourite in terms of periodisation information but you might get lost in the other books if you dont have the basic principles from the early chapters in this down)

BOOKS I'M LOOKING TO READ SOON (If anybody has any reviews):

Christopher Hitchens - Mortality
Alan W. Watts - The Wisdom of Insecurity: A Message for an Age of Anxiety
Any Novel by Buckowski (thinks of jumping in with Ham on Rye)
Neitschze - Beyond Good and Evil

>Marcus Aurellies - Meditations
Of fucking course.

Read Stirner and Kierkegaard before Nietzsche.

>strong
>failed at life and gave up

>Adulting, how to become a grown up
Top fucking kek KYS

These books are to you retards as a katana is to the neckbeards with fedoras.

The book itself is him trying to impose his will on you (and badly) -- it's not going to tell you how to be strong, it's going to tell you how to be someone else's idiot.
That's mostly only the case with the Stoics.

In that case what would work for somebody older than 25?

Any and all books by W.W Atkinson

I've been reading

Mark Manson - A comprehensive guide to attracting women

breddy gub, very focused on self improvement over a PUA perspective

But Destiny read it and he's only a moderate tool ;^)

Judging by the amount of narcissistic argumentative assholes on Veeky Forums I don't think very many people here have read that book at all

I've only read a couple of chapters but it seems more like a self-improvement book using pussy as motivation.

Personally I don't care that much about getting laid, but it looks great at luring the PUA crowd into actually becoming attractive people.

This is right here. I like the book of pook alot.

I've read the first half and it's been quite helpful.

The Science of Breath (especially the section on Complete Breaths. Seriously, read and practice that shit).
Memory: How to Develop, Train and Use it (gives some great tips and insights that are really usefull if you put them to use).
Mind power (same as above)
Arcane Teachings (haven't read this one yet but it's highly recommended)

>occultist shit

Concerning ,,How to Win Friends and Influence People": It specifically says in ch. 2 or so not to kiss ass and only give honest compliments

>inb4 I read this book

This.

The title is really shitty. IIRC the author himself said he really regretted putting it on the cover.

stop shitposting you fucking edgelord

10/10

Could Veeky Forums handle his routine?

Stairmaster 20 minutes

Leg machines 5×10

Back machine 5×10

Weighted crunch 6×15

Bicep curl 7×10

20 minutes exercise bike

Leg extension 3×15

Leg curl 3×15

Leg press 3×15

Barbell curls 3×20

Rear delt flyes 3×20

Lat pulldowns 3×20

Cable rows 3×20

Deadlifts 3×20

Bent over barbell rows 3×20

Incline bench 3×20

Lateral raise 3×20

Dumbbell press 3×20

Close grip bench 3×20

Cable pushdowns 3×20

Don't listen to Nietzsche is more fun to read. However, I'd recommend you read Twilight of the Idols before BGAE. It's shorter, contains some great aphorisms, and is a pretty good summary of his thought. Supplement with internet information and you'll know more about Nietzsche than 95% of other people who are aware of him.

>Nietzsche is more fun to read
You have a very strange definition of "fun".

21 Days to Resilience by Zelana Montminy
The audiobook has a goat reader

>/x/

Who also happens to be a scam artist

nymag.com/scienceofus/2015/06/problem-with-the-grain-brain-doctor.html

>Notes From the Underground

Lots of people would do well to read this book and take a good look at themselves in the mirror

aka bullshit

Shit, nigga. You need to hear some of these aphorisms from Twilight of the Idols.

"To live alone one has to be a beast or a god--says Aristotle. But there's a third case: one has to be both--a philosopher."

"The perfect woman commits literature as she commits a little sin: as an experiment, in passing, looking around to see if someone is noticing, and to see to it that someone notices.."

"One rarely commits only one overhasty act. With the first, one always does too much. For this very reason, one usually commits still another--and this time, does too little.."

Very /r9k/-esque at times, but hilarious because the dude was absolutely brilliant but also a cuckold.

Yeah, but you don't read philosophy for the neat little quips. Besides, Ego is literally built out of puns.

>There are people out there who genuinely find this fun or interesting

I'm so scared this world doesn't make any sense

>bullshit
For anyone wanting to know more about the nature of bullshit

stoa.org.uk/topics/bullshit/pdf/on-bullshit.pdf

Ironic.

gutenberg.org/

is your friend

Add The Slight Edge, and The Defining Decade

Don't forget libgen.io

First half is pretty good stuff, if you have some success in relationships you know some of it/ The second half deviates into undetailed wardrobe / nofap advice and lets it down IMO

If there's one book I think everyone should read, it's Meditations by Marcus Aurelius (the old Roman emperor in Gladiator with the psycho son who dies at the beginning of the movie). It was what made me read more ancient Greek literature which further taught me how little things have changed when it comes to just being a human being. The human condition today is the same as it was in ancient Rome, Athens and probably in the caves when homo sapiens was just starting to conquer the world.

First of all, it's a very humbling experience to read literature that was written 1900 years ago. You realize that your problems aren't very unique and that humans have always faced and felt the same shit.

It also introduces you to stoicism and how to handle what life throws at you with inner peace and resolution.

And it was written by a fucking Roman emperor.

>48 laws of power
>think and grow rich
>win friends and influence people
>book of pook
Haven't read the others but can confirm these are great

Awaken The Giant Within by Tony Robbins

The 50th Law

Fucking this. I really like the translation called "The Emperor's Handbook." Stoic philosophy is great.

I've been thinking about picking reading for a while now, but haven't found the motivation to start. I know I sound like a pleb, but please give me good reasons why I should start reading.

which translation

Thoughts on this one?

A) Reading has been proven to build empathy making you less of a social retard.

B) Every time you tell someone that you don't read they lose respect for you because you come off as a ignorant mouth breather.

C) Reading helps you learn how to be independent and self-reliant instead of being a helpless pussy boy who can't do anything for himself.

Reading books makes you a better person overall. You'd be surprised where reading can take you and not in some magical escapist bullshit way. Reading will make you well-rounded and likable. Also, reading will get you laid. I have slept with plenty of girls simply because we started talking about reading.

any other good self developement books which are on the same tier as that one?

The Feeling Good Handbook by Dr. David Burns is a classic if you have or have ever had depression and anxiety or procrastinate constantly.

>esential

everything in this book has been common sense to anyone who isn't autistic for like 50 years. You won't learn anything new from this book tbqhwy

I'd recommend The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy. It teaches you to set attainable goals and how to implement changes in your life to achieve everything you want. 10/10 read, I always find myself going back to it every now and then

Infinite Jest

what the fuck is a pook amd why would a book about it would be any good

uploaded this for you Veeky Forums
>tusfiles_._net/y5d1vew4y8nl

>no i don't know why everyone mentioned in this book is so obsessed with fucking cookies

This book needs an afterword for social idiots. Some people who read it and try to apply it can look like fucking pyschopaths if it isn't done with some grace.

Social idiots need that book the most however

Do not listen to this tripfag.

He is a pleb.

Its not nofap, its just fap less if you fap too much.

I know you shouldn't judge a book by its cover... But I am.

>become alpha
>in order to win the approval of these women on the cover
>n-no you really a-are alpha!

Yeah nah.

The book doesn't need an afterword, you just need to find more material that'll help with your particular type of retardation.

Thx

BOOK
OF
POOK!

Second for TOTI as a solid intro

>I am a sick man...

>i never read the book: the post

>tfw either studying art 8 hours a day, lifting and doing cardio or attending college all day everyday
Shit nigger all these "how to not be autism in front of others" books are pretty useless to me, someone post different books as well.

The Sun also Rises
Art of the Deal
The Sailor who fell from grace with the sea

Reading that right now

one of the greatest reads

You are the saddest bunch of cunts on the Internet.

How did I go, did I win any friends or influence anyone yet?

I read Meditations and honestly did not think it was very life changing. Basically all he said was to just take things in stride because we're all part of the same "whole". I have a pretty stoic mindset to begin with though

>tfw when you a little too much of the underground man for your liking

Not doubting you but do you have any sources for A)?