Ethereum’s Hard Fork Oct 16th

>Ethereum’s Hard Fork Oct 16th
>Bitcoin SegWit2x hard fork in November 2017

Another month of altcoin bloodbath?

No. Today's slog is going to turn around very quick. Look at all the people buying up alts like no tomorrow. If you aren't accumulating now you're missing out big time. Shit's gonna explode. Christmas came early this year.

Extremely quick. This hardfork is not like the last. It won't have ~$800 fluctuation in 12 hours. There are people who pretend like past performance indicates future's, and this time is going to burn a lot of people. Hold your alts, buy more in their bottom. Watch what happens. Like said. July x3, or x4.

Hope you're right I bought myself a mountain of Ark. There's definitely a lot of accumulating going on right now

This

This is true

buy up all the alt coins that you know arent vaporware.

What kind of wallet do you need to be holding ETH in to get the new coins?

So does anyone know when in November the Segwit2x fork is gonna be?

November

what are u buying up?

Ark

Nobody knows, it’s based on block number not a set date, so it’s variable

Well, we know Bitcoin Gold will be on Oct 25th and we knew Bitcoin Cash was going to be on August 1st, so I thought the date was already set.

really?

I think the date is predictable, especially as it gets closer, but not "set".

ETH hardfork is long planned, a definite upgrade, supported by all major players, the old chain will be inconsequential. Even if someone keeps mining, it's got a suicide pill baked in in the form of exponentially increasing difficulty, so the old chain must die out. Technically you'll have coins on both forks, but the old ones will be worthless.
BTC fork will likely also be resolved more quickly than the 1 August split. Without EDA, the lower valued fork will be unprofitable to mine and will never make it to a difficulty adjustment point before dying. Again, no free coins and no reason to flood out of alts. The markets are full of irrational and underinformed gamblers though, so they're just copying what went well last time.

bat

what's the chance that Bitcoin Gold will be like BCH and it sells for 500-800 right out of the gate?

Isn't there a chance one can sell the btc1 chain and keep the btc2 chain? This all depends on replay protection right? Wouldn't it be possible to sell both chains for most likely a value over the current price of btc and go all into alts and wait for the dust to settle?
Bitcoin gold also seems like it could have some value just with all the other stuff going on

ark

^ ark

Likely one chain will die out before exchanges open for deposits. Replay attacks also make things awkward, if you send on one chain the same transaction is valid on the other.
Bitcoin gold is a laughable shitcoin without the financial or community backing that BCH had. Expect rapid decline and only shit-tier exchange listings.

>double my eth
>Triple my Bitcoin
I love cryptos

>Bitcoin gold is a laughable shitcoin
>Expect rapid decline
these two statements remind me of the days leading to august 1st

within 21 days goyim...
Bitcoin will drop 50%

I saw some youtuber saying he thought it was possible that each chain might add replay protection at the last minute. If what you said is true its gonna be pretty weird. I was expecting each coin to be tested on the market for a period and with miners.
You don't think btc gold will gain any traction? I was thinking it might gain some support from core developers if they feel like they are losing or something, I read on their slack they are releasing a bunch of info tomorrow.

1st of August was the partial culmination of a longstanding rift in the bitcoin community, propelled by an outspoken minority with fundamental disagreements with the majority. There was a community who desperately wanted it and were willing to put money into what they saw as breaking free from those who were opposed to them. Bitcoin gold has no such community or deep-pocketed backers, and no real exchange support.
2x has opt-in one-way replay support that's a real pain to use. Proper mandatory two-way replay support would take significant code changes, which won't happen so close to the fork date.

Thanks for the info. I have about 250k in crypto and been wracking my brain on the best course of action. I believe bitcoin gold is hoping to sell pre mined blocks at a ratio of 10 to 1 for btc. So seems like it could potentially have a bit of value but nothing crazy. How positive would you say you are that btc holders won't get a chance to choose and sell the different pairs? Are you still into alts ?

HOW DO I GET IN THE NEW ETH ???

Do I need to get them out of coinbase again? And any wallet will do, like myetherwallet? Pls help

... The ether hard-fork isn't contentious. All exchanges and wallets and everyone are switching to the fork. You don't need to worry about anything.

Awesome. Thanks brah, just saw a news article as well. Cheers

>6

July 3 or 4x before the fork, or after though? What time frame?

ARK and BAT

Ark and digibyte

BTG is a premined scam, the developers started mining on the 1st and will be selling on the 25th. It's just a cash grab.

the etherum hardfork is a software upgrade.

the bitcoin hardfork is yet again a contentious clusterfuck.

there's a big difference user. hardforks are good things everywhere outside of bitcoin.