Vegan

Is vegan / vegetarian a viable route when bodybuilding with a very high effort job?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21139125
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19279075
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?Db=pubmed&Cmd=ShowDetailView&TermToSearch=12064344&ordinalpos=1&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19562864
circ.ahajournals.org/content/98/9/935.full
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it takes much more effort to be slightly less effective as just eating a lot of chicken and vegetables

what makes you interested in being a vegeterian?

vegetarian absolutely. eat a fuckload of eggs and high protein veggie burgers. i'm vegetarian and have 0 issues hitting my macros

vegan is just retardo hard unless you have a lot of cash

Ask this guy

Saving money and time. Also I want to be more healthy and something tells me eating 4-6 chicken breasts a day is not.

vegan bitch tits? the micro muscle builder?

for god's sake why?

Viable, yes. It would be more work (especially with veganism) and you would never be as big as if you were eating meat, but definitely doable. The question is why? If you are doing it for ethical reasons, just eat fish, those fuckers don't have a single conscious thought floating through their heads.

Looks like an unhealthy freak. Hope he enjoys his premature organ failure.

>Saving money and time
You'll do neither going vegan

Then why not just reduce meat intake instead of eliminating it entirely? Eating one big portion of meat a day and get the rest through milk, eggs, nuts, etc. is going to be a lot easier than getting all your protein through a vegetarian diet.

Dyel hulk is disgusting though, being green isn't healthy

Who said you had to eat 4-6 chicken breasts a day? There's a middle ground between eating a diet that is mostly meat and one which includes no meat at all.

4-6 chicken breasts? You realize other things have protein in them, right? Just eat less chicken and more beans/nuts and other shit you can find with high protein.

Is going against society more difficult than not doing so?

See what I did there?

No I don't. What did you do there?

>eating 4-6 chicken breasts
NOBODY EATS THAT MANY, RETARD.

Also 'veganism' is a meme diet, it's been proven all over the place to be unhealthy for body AND your brain. Avoid, avoid, avoid!

What if you're a girl and trying to cut? I 've followed Freelee the Banana Girl for like a year, bought her vegan book yesterday, etc. but its all really high calorie stuff. I mean its all vegetables, fruits, and other vegan shit so its healthy but does the raw til 4 thing help with cutting or...?

3 week vegan here.

It's not nearly as hard as people say. Check out Patrik Baboumian's videos about vegan proteins sources and how to optimize eating.

What, why would you buy that crazy bitch's book?

>3 week
Do you really think you're at the point where you should be giving advice?

Quads never lie, throw the book in the garbage

I have no idea what raw till 4 means. But THE ONLY WAY to lose weight is to eat at a caloric deifcit. You can literally eat nothing but twinkes and burgers and still lose weight so long as you're in a caloric deficit.

Fruits and veggies generally have less calories in them while being equally filling as other food sources, which can help with weight loss (eating fewer calories while still being satisfied and not wanting more food). So that can be helpfull I guess. If the raw till 4 thing means what I think it means (only eating raw, non processed food until 4 o'clock) then it's a complete meme, there is no benefit to such an arbitrary diet.

Cos I like her and felt better once I started eating vegan. I just wanted to know if its suitable for cutting (obviously while I do HIIT & maybe some lifting)

I've heard vegetarians say they eat 5-7k cal a day no meat and they're in the 8% BF range. Bullshit ?

Well unless they're on a hearty amount of steroids and do an insane amount of daily activity, then yes. It's bullshit

Ah okay cool thanks man.
I heard that too lol basically that Freelee eats like 2k calories just of fruit per day + other stuff and she has a totally flat stomach. She doesn't even work out that rigorously apparently either

I eat 7000 kcalories of meat a day, do almost no exercise, and weigh 180lbs lean.

Did you see that? How I just lied to you over the internet and nobody was able to stop me?

It's viable, there are several benefits to a vegan/vegetarian diet: As a result of these factors, vegetarians typically have lower body mass index, serum total and low-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels, and blood pressure; reduced rates of death from ischemic heart disease; and decreased incidence of hypertension, stroke, type 2 diabetes, and certain cancers than do nonvegetarians.

Source: ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21139125

While it is harder to get an adequate amount of protein with a vegan/vegetarian diet it's not impossible with good planning and some supplements.

Vegan diets however are sometimes lacking in other nutrients: Micronutrients of special concern for the vegan include vitamins B-12 and D, calcium, and long-chain n-3 (omega-3) fatty acids.

And: In some cases, iron and zinc status of vegans may also be of concern because of the limited bioavailability of these minerals.

Source: ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19279075

But with supplements and good planning this isn't too big of a problem. I would consider the huge amounts of saturated fats and cholesterol often found in meat-eating diets as well as the unsavory hormones in animal products a greater threat than some vitamins and minerals that you can just get with proper planning or some supplements.

Strictly for bodybuilding I can't think of any major advantages of a vegan/vegetarian diet. Although I've read something about vegan/vegetarian diets being anti-inflammatory. It may also be harder for a bodybuilder to consume a sufficient amount of protein and calories with a plant based diet, but again with proper planning and supplements it's manageble.

TL;DR: There are numerous health benefits to a plant based diet, and although there are a couple of challanges these can be adressed with good planning and/or supplements.

Savage

I didn't mean I believed it, thats just what she said jeez

>virgin gains moved to my country and is giving his gf huggy wuggys and lovey doveys

>vegetarians typically have lower body mass index
no shit they all look like holocaust survivors
>serum total
kek'd
>low-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels, and blood pressure; reduced rates of death from ischemic heart disease; and decreased incidence of hypertension, stroke, type 2 diabetes
ok so don't be fat and you good
>and certain cancers
sun lotion give you skin cancer so when you figure out how to avoid cancer let me know
>While it is harder to get an adequate amount of protein with a vegan/vegetarian diet it's not impossible with good planning and some supplements.
supplements are supposed to supplementary small son. "some" is an understatement too.
>
TL;DR: There are numerous health benefits to a plant based diet, and although there are a couple of challanges these can be adressed with good planning and/or supplements.
what % of comp powerlifters/ comp bodybuilders/pro athletes are vegan? .01%? maybe? she's a she and there's a reason its just her.

vegan/vegetarian is high-effort regardless.

it's not impossible, but you are doing it on hard mode. and plants are poison.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?Db=pubmed&Cmd=ShowDetailView&TermToSearch=12064344&ordinalpos=1&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

absolutely brutal

But cherries are an exception?

>"I'm more vegan than u"

Where did he move? That video didn't say and I don't follow him

Wait, wtf? I just saw this video.

Didn't they break up just a few months ago? Didn't he say they were going to take their time with this shit? Nigga's only met her for like a week previously, now he just moved to a country where he doesn't speak the language to be with her?

God damn what a fucking retard

Vegan/vegeterian for health reasons is such a meme, just stop eating so much greasy meat fuck, just put your chicken breasts in the george foreman instead of frying them or whatever.

Lets be distinct here. You don't give a fuck about vegans- its the "nu-male hipster vegans" who preach their diet and faggotry into everyones face. Veganism has existed long before it was this ultimate cuckfest variant. Don't hate the game, hate the players.

>saving money and time
Chicken breast is the cheap of whole meat compared to ground beef or turkey.
>4-6 chicken breasts
Confirmed for not having a scale. Get one faggot. 8oz is fine. 12oz gets a little to dry for me

and no sources to backup your point

What are vitamins / micro nutrients.

>No shit they all look like holocaust survivors.
Not an argument
>Kek'd
Not an argument
>OK so don't be fat and you good
True, but the point was that plant based diets in general have fewer cases of stroke and diabetes. Not ''Eating meat gives causes stroke and diabetes''
>Sun lotion fives you skin cancer
Not using sun lotion also gives you cancer. You obviously can't be 100% protected from cancer but when you make changes to your lifestyle to lower your chances, like eating a plant based diet that also has several other health benefits.
>Supplements are supposed to be supplementary
Yes, I know. That's why I wrote planning first, as it is perfectly feasible to get an adequate amount of protein with a plant based diet without supplements. Supplements just make it easier, just as it does with a meat eating diet.
>what % of comp powerlifters/ comp bodybuilders/pro athletes are vegan? .01%? maybe? she's a she and there's a reason its just her.
No idea, but it is the position of the american dietetic association that well planned vegetarian diets are appropriate for all stages of life and even for athletes
Source: ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19562864
The fact that there aren't many vegan/vegetarian pro athlets is also not proof that plant based diets are bad, as literally all the research points to numerous health benefits of a well planned vegetarian diet and have found no detriments that can't be adressed with good planning or supplements.

Also some vegan/vegetarian athletes:
Patrik Baboumian
Mike Tyson
Mac Danzig
Carl Lewis
Venus Williams
Ricky Williams
David Smith, MBE
Barny du Plessis
The list goes on, google it if you want more

belgium

sad to say but that's how belgian girls work.

Very manipulative because every pure bred belgian grows up wanting to build a house and first having someone to move in with you makes this dream a reality somewhat.

They all want to build big ass houses so if you're ever in belgium for some amount of time and want to fuck around, get to know one of the locals talk to her and say you really want to have your own house and build it

> and plants are poison

Also some vegan/vegetarian athletes:

Mike Tyson the guy who was so hungry that he started to eat his opponent mid fight....

eggs are dangerously high in cholesterol

cause none of that meat gives anything, and your body works really fucking hard to get rid of all that acidic protein.

Oh ok I guess that invalidates all of my arguments I'm just gonna go fuck myself then

This

3yr vegan fag here.
Lived in the slums of Colombia for a bit and it still wasn't that hard.

You'll do fine OP.

Also, am premed. If you're actually worried go talk to a dietitian.

we cannot help you here. So much pseudo-science.

ah, the daily shilling thread. ill bump for ya, liberalbro

>he thinks veganism is actually about animal suffering

vegans don't even eat honey, dude

More like daily cuck thread.

>Is vegan / vegetarian a viable route when bodybuilding with a very high effort job?

>Vegetarian
yes as long as you eat eggs and drink milk.

>Vegan
no, if you don't eat eggs and drink milk it is impossible to eat the amounts of vegetables necessary for the body to get enough essential amino acids from them to build itself. Veganism is even considered unhealthy because of the inefficiency of the bodily functions due to the deficit of the 9 essential amino acids.

>Veganism is even considered unhealthy because of the inefficiency of the bodily functions due to the deficit of the 9 essential amino acids.

this is true.

the human body is unable to synthesise the necessary amino acids from plants, the human biology is not the same as the biology of a cow. this is something that vegans do not comprehend.

Just remember that vegetable protein isn't absorbed by the body as much as meat. So you'll have to eat more.

Also just because you won't die without essential amino acids doesn't mean you shouldn't eat them, you can build a house out of trees, but boards work better

jesus those pecs are beyond perfect

As a vegetarian who also lifts I can say that getting protein is not as difficult as it's made out to be. I'm regularly above 1g/lb per day thanks to whey powder.

The biggest problem is low T levels. If you want to keep your testosterone high you'll have to eat a lot of cauliflower and broccoli and stringently limit your alcohol intake. Also soy is the devil. Never depend on soy for protein.

Is he natty?

You greet two people hello, one is a vegan and the other does crossfit. How can you tell which is which within 30 seconds?

Don't worry, they'll tell you.

>Never depend on soy for protein
This. Not only is it not absorbed well, but it's full of hormones and was found to lead to lower testosterone levels.

No.

Yes it is, if you follow the 90/5/5 macros.
Many people will bitch about veganism here, but it's great for your health.

>Following an arbitrary caloric guideline allows you to defy the laws of physics
W E W L A D
E
W
L
A
D

Honestly just eat tempeh, protein shakes and salads and get your cut over with within a month. If you have "metabolic damage" then just slowly add more calories in your diet instead of binging.

Meat and dairy products are high in calories.
You can eat so much more while on a vegan high-carb diet.If you want to gain weight on a vegan diet then eat more fats and protein.

Life long vegetarian here.

It's easier as a vegetarian than a vegan. Vegan is literal retardation, there are loads of vegetarian options for proteins that are easily available and super cheap.

When it comes to proteins, animal based diet is always superior. Absolutely no doubt about that. But you can still get loads of proteins as a vegetarian, you'll have to eat a bit more tho

Yeah, I just reacted to the 90/5/5 nonsense as if that is some magic, superior caloric guideline that will help you lose weight faster or some shit like that. Eat fewer calories than you expend and you will lose weight, the rest is just the microscopic tip of the iceberg.

so 90/5/5 macro ratio?
So im guessing its 90% carb
5% protein 5% fat?
Even though fat and protein are essential for the survival of the human body and carbs are not?

seems legit

What is bioavailability

Im a vegetarian and a I consume 5k easy but I do 3 hours of vigorous exercise and sports but still m8 you just shit out the majority of complex veggies and vegetable based whole food

But I'm in the 10-12℅ range so I may be wrong

All hail the immortal space diety Glak'thanor for his ability to defy the laws of physics

There are many people who thrive on this diet and live happier lives. but that doesn't mean that everybody will.
You don't need to trust me, but it works and people use it to change their lives. It surely changed mine.

Also the 90% is carbs, it doesn't mean that you eat sugar all day long.
Veggies and fruits contain mostly carbs, but also protein and fats. They are enough to be healthy and full of energy.

>superior caloric guideline that will help you lose weight faster or some shit like that
As I said here >Meat and dairy products are high in calories
Vegans are doing that, but still eating the same, in some cases even more than before.
There is no need to be hungry on a vegan diet.

There's no reason to be vegetarian. You're missing out on meat, but you're still contributing to animal abuse. There's no benefit.

Vegetarianism is. Many great historical figures were vegetarian, I'm even a vegetarian

Veganism will lead to health deficiency and make you look weird and gross

>make you look weird and gross
kek, just google vegan bodybuilders.
Also why the fuck do I keep answering to trips ?

>taking nutrition advice from someone who eats 50 bananas a day

Enjoy your diabetes

If you eat vegetable based whole foods none of them have a bioavailability over like 60 seeing that they are high in fibre and complex carbs and take forever to break down and you waste a lot via shitting

Nothing in that defies thermodynamics or even basic physics m8
In reality those 4.8k-5k actually probably come out to 3k seeing that a majority of it gets wasted

Been a vegan for about 6 years and i can honestly say that both diets are suitable but it really depends on your eating habits. I worked in a warehouse which was very intense and when i first adopted a vegan diet i found it very hard to plan meals which would be sufficient in both micro and macro nutrients. This could have been easily avoided if i would have done a little more research. It really isn't hard to find food you just need to know what macros you intend to hit. For example i wanted to hit around 160-190 grams of protein daily so i just simply googled high protein vegan foods and started from there building my meal plan.

tl;dr
no if you build up a list of foods which will help you hit your macro/micro nutrient requirements

It sucks to be a vegetarian. It's like being bisexual. Everyone thinks you're should just make a decision already. Nobody believes you can enjoy pussy and dick at the same time.

Moderation, OP. Honestly, some vegans here make it seem like non-vegans are bloodthirsty carnivores that exclusively eat red meat and avoid plant-based food like the plague.

You can just as easily switch between chicken breasts and greek yogurt every other day if you're fretting that much about muh hormones and cholesterol.

Ok, do you have a source for this information?

The problem with vegetarian diets is they tend to be heavy on the dairy and eggs. I think a diet with no dairy and a little meat is superior.
In my opinion dairy is the worst for your health, worst morally, and just only good for fat gain.

>exclusively eat red meat and avoid plant-based food like the plague.
If you knew how many people I know who do this.
I'm wasn't that extreme in the beginning, but I have seen some horror story material.

I don't get how you could be that out of touch with reality to believe this.

>Even though fat and protein are essential for the survival of the human body

But how much?

Dude quit that shit

Don't insult vegetarians by calling us liberals. I'm a vegetarian and a proud Donald Trump supporter. liberals are lower than animals, they made a choice to betray their fellow countrymen with their shitty toxic beliefs, animals did not.

Don't get it twisted senpai

Because that's not the only reason people go veg you dumb retard

Some of us do it for environmental reasons.

Anyway, animal liberation is horse shit. If I have to work a shitty box and live in a small apartment, it's fair that they do the equivalent

Yeah, people with proper lighting and GIMP (I only use free software) look good as vegans. But look at vegan men in real life like Durianrider they look dried out and gross

The FAO suggest a minimal fat intake of 15% (for a normal weight person consuming at maintenance of course). So around 40g for your average male.

Diets with less than 15% calories from fat have been studied quite a bit. The _average_ diet in 1950s Japan was 80/10/10, some people were consuming less than 10% fat.
circ.ahajournals.org/content/98/9/935.full

Protein needs revolve around essential aminos. I don't think it's possible to meet the targets for essential aminos on 5% protein without animal products. It's possible on 10% but only when consuming legumes every day (lysine is the limiting amino acid in vegan diets)

>claims to be a trump supporter
>claims to do things for environmental reasons

don't snap your brain doing those mental gymnastics, liberalbro

>caring about the environment means I want my country to be flooded with illegals and Muslims, support feminism, and general libshit degenracy

Like I said, don't get it twisted

I'd save a dog before I saved a democrat

Hey, she's pretty cute

Does anybody have her cellphone number?

The 15% number seems to be more of a safety precaution since it allows for more foods to be eaten, thus making it less likely that malnourishment happens. As far as actual requirements, they say it's much lower.

>Concern has also been raised about the long-term adequacy of very low fat diets in meeting essential fatty acid requirements,68 particularly among very young children.69
>Definitive data are lacking on the impact of very low fat diets in young children or other groups at potentially high risk, ie, pregnant women and the elderly, or after long-term adherence. The importance of the issue is not clear in the absence of established requirements for essential fatty acid intakes at any age. Estimated requirements range from 3% to 5% of caloric intake.75 76 This requirement translates to ≈7 to 11 g for a 2000-calorie diet and is usually met by the inclusion of polyunsaturated fats as a source of linolenic acid.

That makes the daily fat requirement about as much fat as you'd find in a bowl of plain oatmeal.

WTF. Why do Belgians want to build big ass houses? Where the fuck does that come from?

>the epitome of vegan bodybuilding

I'm predominantly vegetarian for convenience reasons, not moral. Veganism is just retarded, but it's super easy to hit your macros on a veg diet. Learn to love lentils, chickpeas, eggs and whey. I love Indian food so I usually cook a big batch of curry and rice a couple times a week. Omelets or poached eggs for breakfast. (There's no risk from dietary cholesterol now apparently)

Also consider giving pescatarianism a shot

I'm a vegetarian, pretty much born and raised so I *really* don't know anything else. I do not experience bulking or cutting as difficult and always get my macros.

I eat a tonne of eggs (whites), some meat substitute things, like Quorn or some similar stuff, I don't like tofu much (I grew up in Japan so was forcefed tofu daily because I didn't eat meat/fish(stock)).

Depending on which country you live in Quorn Low Fat Sausages are a nice treat and source of protein if you fancy. I eat a lot of soy yoghurt with protein powder, super nice snack for my sweet tooth. I am also *dirt poor* so money saving is important to me. tl;dr Vegetarian lifestyle can be done, really cheaply.

Vegan, not so much.