How do you guys here who are complete losers (like having no friends, no girlfriend, bad parental relationship, virgin...

How do you guys here who are complete losers (like having no friends, no girlfriend, bad parental relationship, virgin, shut-in, etc) find the motivation to work out? This is the predicament I'm in.

24 year old skeletor, friendless permavirgin shut-in and I just can't find the motivation to start working out when i basically have no external happiness in my life.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qAkKmcFAOjk
youtube.com/watch?v=W2MreWyITzg
youtube.com/watch?v=kiI1s27rR0U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

the trick is to just start, after that you enjoy it because you don't feel like a worthless piece of shit

4 weeks to notice a difference in yourself, 4 months before people start to notice changes in you, 2 years before people start behaving differently around you

Clinical depression is real, bro.

You might need a therapist instead of a gym.

Cutting out carbs helped me with my suicidal depression. Particularly legumes. Also getting enough sunshine. Might not work for you, though.

Also, motivation is kind of lame. Learn discipline by doing a little bit every day. Start with one push up on your knees and one sit up. Gradually do more.

working out is all i have

it keeps me sane

when i have 300lbs loaded up on the bench and its coming down to my chest, i can't think about anything else but that moment. it's completely tranquil and serene to the point of being therapeutic. I've conflated pain with therapy.

I'm a shut in who works out all the time. People always ask me to go out but I don't. I'm I'm cocoon mode. For the sixth year.

Used to be the same. It's cliché, but all it really takes is starting. It's actually not even that hard. The great thing about lifting is your ability to pace. If you need a break, you take one and no one's there to judge you.

best hobby to do by myself and not share about with anyone until i die alone

this. it's the only thing i look forward to.

it's therapeutic to have an empty mind where the only thing you're thinking about is "lift." plus after a heavy set and you're mind goes blank and it feels like nothingness, amazing. then the amped up high comes where for a few minutes you feel great and invincible.

basically it's what i do to get away from my mind and nothing compares to it except meditation itself.

Fuck that. Everyone is telling me I'm starting to get big when i see myself as fat in the wrong places and small where it matters.

I work out so I don't kill myself

The thing is I've been alone for so long (last had friends probably when i was 13) that even if people noticed changes in me working out I don't think I would care. I don't know how to make friends or talk to girls. I would surely go full autist mode and drive them away like I have my whole life.

I don't think I'm clinically depressed. I've just been alone for so long that I don't even try.

body dysmorphia obviously doesn't count

that's like saying penicillin doesn't work because you are allergic to it, that isn't the case for most people

The only way to beat crippling depression is to start doing the bare minimum of stuff and gradually work your way up to some sort of milestone.

With working out you're either a fat piece of shit, skeletor or skinnyfat that works their way up to Zyzz over the course of a few years, miring yourself at each stage of moderate gains.

The first step in becoming great at anything is being a gigantic piece of shit at it.

Also vitamin D helps.

Because its something 'arguably' productive to fill in time until the event of your death.

>wanting to be happy from external forces
>not being happy from within
>not gonna make it

As others have said, you eventually start having fun in the activity by itself.
Plus it objectively makes you feel better in your body

no woman, no cry.

works for just about everything.

change must come from within. what do you want to be in life? write that down? how do you think you will achieve those goals? write that down? when you rise each morning, think of the work and good you will perform for the day. when you move to rest each night, reflect on the day that passed. did you move closer to your goals? do you perform good works? i can't answer these questions for you, user

any pics?

Well it's been 7 years and I feel none of that. Nice try though.

I was in the same as you, then I started lifting because I thought "if I look good then I won't feel as bad about being a kv and people won't judge me".
So I started and I was surprised how much I love lifting and being active, now I run or cycle and lift 6 days of the week for no one but myself.
My depression disappeared, I started to feel motivated and I enjoyed everything more (still KV w/ no friends). Life quality in general got a huge boost.

2 years later, as a bonus, women look at me in public and smile at me and men usually are intimidated. This is a fantastic substitute for human interaction.
it feels good knowing women find you desirable, even if you are too autismo to talk to them. And men rarely initiate dialogues, and when you pass them they stare at the ground.
I highly recommend doing it, doing it for yourself. Good luck, OP.

then you have mental issues

Yeah, giving up for a long time and being a shut in isn't clinical depression at all.

Not.

This is the only thing keeping me from killing myself, like the last ray of hope in the middle of total depression.

I'm tall(6'1) but a complete ugly, skinny, glass hearing faggot with 0 confidence, I don't know what to with my life anymore.

I'm trying to get a better job as well but I don't think I'm going to be successful sadly. At least lifting and getting a better body is easier.

The worst thing is that theres this girl I like but I just can't make a move on her, it hurts so much.

When my mind is filled with depressing thoughts I just stop thinking about everything and start lifting, this helps me a lot.

Haha im so depressed. Im 21 alone, never gf, virgin, and no friends. Only thing keeping me from offing myself is the sick gainz I've been making.

Honestly it'll get easier. God im like depressed but indifferent about it.

At least i hit a PR on bench guys.

Stop relying on motivation. Motivation is fleeting and inconsistent.

Make a habit of going to the gym and stick to it regardless of how you feel at any given time.

its easy, just get a little homegym and put all the gear in the same room as your computer, then you just have to get up and youre ready to work out, also it feels good after a workout so it that makes it a little easier too

No friends, no real relationship with family, spend 8 hours/day in front of computer for internship and avoid coworkers, spend rest of day in front of computer while at home, can feel my brain slowly decaying from loneliness

Working out is the only thing that makes me feel human. I can't an hero because that would hurt my mum or something

In pretty much the same situation as you right now

>24
>Virgin
>Have friends but the never make the effort to hang out with me and when they do they're usually super unreliable
>Can't talk to my parents about anything

My only solace is I have a bunch of hobbies which I enjoy and lifting is one of them.
In all honesty it just feels as if going to the gym gives me something to do during the day aside from masturbate, go to uni or work.

you're better off cutting out masterbation than trying to get into fitness

do it for him
youtube.com/watch?v=qAkKmcFAOjk

do it for her
youtube.com/watch?v=W2MreWyITzg

if youre not motivated yet you can officially kill yourself motherfucker

>2015 cut.jpg
>still fat
lel

high standards eh chumps

its the only thing I enjoy throughout my day

Well speaking from the past the main motivation for me was self-hate. Going into the gym and just fucking myself up and getting tired from the weights was both punishing but eventually became a release. In fact I feel as though I lost some of my edge as I grew to like myself more.

What the fuck kind of qutis this?

I work out constantly because I am a complete loser, and have nothing better to do.

>High frequency powerlifting training
>Run 5+km 3 times a week
>Yoga and meditation for recovery
>Rest of my time spent working, preparing meals, eating, and bullshitting on the internet

Its not a bad life. I do have
>tfw no gf
But otherwise I enjoy it.

get treated for depression mang. it helps, i guarantee it.

I guess this doesn't really apply to me since I have friends (all back in the states) and my parents are pretty cool.

I lift for my waifu tho and because I enjoy it. I like seeing my numbers go up and I like being able to eat whatever I want and put on muscle as long as I get my protien.

I'm not a virgin, but I have no friends, no social life, bad parental relationship, and I don't see why it should affect my motivation. I don't mind the state I'm in, can be happy on my own, and go to the gym exactly because it's something I can do on my own without being bothered.

I don't see how having friends or a gf affects your motivation to work out, you go to the gym to get huge.

just start. google gomad and do ss or sl 5x5

at least be a Veeky Forums shut-in
youtube.com/watch?v=kiI1s27rR0U

I don't have any friends, my dad beat me well into my teens, grew up poor.
However, I have my partner of 3 years, my mother who raised me, and a roof over my head.

My motivation is to be better than I was yesterday, a better person than my father, better than the people I thought my friends were, the person my mother wanted me to be and a strong father figure to my son. Not just that, but most importantly I want this for myself, because if I can do it, then there's nothing I can't do.

Mehh im hoping lifting will help get over the amount of hatred i have for myself.

You fucks are the closest thing to a family i got. Finally hit 2pl8 thanks to you homosexuals.

Cuz you're dyel after 7 years lol

That's the exact reason I started working out.

It's not like I had anything better to do. Besides I knew just dwelling in self-pity would not make me come out of my hole so I thought about doing something that actually mattered.
I applied to do voluntary street work but those fuckers never came back to me so I searched for other things to do. Then I realized I could just start lifting, help my self.
I expected more confidence and got it within the first weeks. I grew the balls to talk to people and actually made a group of friends.
Lifting will make you happy and increase your life quality.

fuck these do Greyskull

if the only thing you have left is yourself, you might aswell do one thing right for once and better or kill yourself

because it seems like the only way to claw your way into a normal life. there's always that hope that if you get big enough and look good enough then it can make up for everything else. it's the only chance for happiness.

Same boat here. I tried going to a shrink for years, taking pills and stuff. It never worked and I was pretty much apathetic.
Somehow managed to start lifting after lurking Veeky Forums for maybe three years. Have a home gym my dad gave me.

The trick is to somehow... Get up and do it the first times. When I had lifted 3 times each week for two months it had became routine. I had one week where I didn't lift, and it was a make or break moment I feel like now. If I hadn't gone back to lifting then, I would still spend 95% of my time in bed staring at the ceiling.

Now I don't know what I would do without it. I don't have a life, any talents, friends, education or prospects. But I have something to look forward to.
Each time, you want to see if you can lift heavier as planned. You want to get back and see that something's happening and changing. And on the rest days you don't feel as bad anymore when you do nothing. You don't have that bad conscience telling you you're a lazy piece of shit as much as before.

It's like a really rewarding irl vidya.

Eat more fruits

keep at it man. for the bros on the 'ch0n

enjoy your literal no gains.

I actually have been doing this the last month but only because I need to buy the SS book to actually read it.

Marc Aurel Bro.

what's her name, fit?
>Korbo

Just do it. Fuck what anyone else thinks or says. Fuck the losers doing bicep curls laughing at you struggle to bench pressing a 45 lbs barbell. Fuck the people in your life who call you out for no gains when you start lifting. Just start. And keep it up.

Lifting gives you something to live for. It makes you more energetic, more optimistic, and more opportunistic. It will turn your life around, in ways you can neither predict nor imagine.

Don't do it for anyone. Do it for yourself. Then you will have something to look forward to every morning.