/QTDDTOT/ - Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Other one over 300.

So I've been lifting for about 8 months and have had major form issues with my squat for the entire time. On Friday I finally determined that I genuinely lack the balance and flexibility to hit depth without forward lean.

Does anybody have experience with this problem? Can you recommend any stretches/balance exercises that I can use to work on it? Should I avoid squatting until this is worked out? If so, what should I do for my legs? Leg press?

I work in construction (10 hour days) and spend about 1.5 doing SS three days a week and 40min of running/sprinting two times a week

It's roughly 56 hours being physical but sometimes work is really easy, just standing around, waiting for orders to come in or whatever.

My question is which exercise option do I use for a calorie calculator? Moderate, Heavy or Athlete? There's quite a gap between the three and I'm looking for a 200-300+ TDEE diet so I want to pick the right one.

Am 5'8 manlet, 140 lbs currently. Started lifting ~ one month ago. Should I be bulking?

Post pic

Sorry, phone was being a little shit.
Pls no bully.

Either try a recomp or cut
Don't bulk

if your not going up in weight lifted, are you not making muscle gains?

Ok, thanks user.

Diminishing returns. If the weights are getting easier to do as time goes on, you are still gaining small amounts of muscle from repeated exposure and reps, but not nearly as much as increasing the weight.

When trying to get all my macros I have issues eating carbs. Is there some food I can just eat to get lots of carbs?

I had the same issue with fat and just starting eating salads with cheese and string cheese

Should I take progress pictures? I hate the way I look, and I think I'd just get disgusted with myself. Can I notice differences in my physique by just looking in the mirror?

carbs are the easiest and cheapest macro to get. rice is a good simple one. pasta as well. and everyones favorite, oats.

Stretch your adductors. Tactical frogs are good.

where do I shop for the best gym clothes

tired of being that guy with basketball shorts

Do you guys start your upper/lower split with upper or lower? I've seen both ways so idk if it matters

I have a friend who says he can squat 290 on a smith machine
He's very skinny and out of shape so I'm curious to know a rough estimate to how much weight he can squat using free weights?

More cardio than weights these days. Dropping poundage and maintaining cardiovascular fitness because oldfag.

Pre-Sorry for muh blog (incoming)

I can definitively say that something is going on. After 3 months of experimentation, I don't know what is happening but I can confirm that it definitely is happening. I'm now in the end of Couch to 5k (barely following plan any more at this point, though).

My normal cardio consists of 30-40 minutes jogging with the walking off and on starting after 2 miles. After jog, bike for 10-15 minutes at steady 20mph pace. Not hard, not easy but I do fuck with resistance every other mile. Every other week I don't bike. I just complete the run.

On week after I bike, I can damn near run the whole 5k and seeing small but continuous improvements.
On week after I don't bike (run only), I can barely get 1.5 miles (run) without stopping.

What the hell is going on?

That butt jiggle there at the end.

hnggggg

Are there any ways to burn off fat without exercise? I work 10hr shifts as a receptionist and really dont get much exercise at all. I have completely cut sugar and carbs, and eating very clean. If I keep this up will I start to lose muscle?

I prefer lower, but that's because I've got a fairly shit mid/upper back and trying to deadlift or squat heavy with fatigued lats and rhomboids just kills my performance. Seems like it mostly comes down to preference.

I'm just up and bored. I don't really care if anyone answers my post, I could look at her webms all night. An answer would simply be a bonus.

In the end, the answer is just to power through it and keep on both running and biking. I just want to know why it's so damned hard after the weeks I don't bike.

SS says do 3x5 for squats and 1x5 for deadlifts, I'm assuming this implies as much weight as possible.

Would it better, since my form is shit to do 5x5 for both with a bit lighter weight until I can do it better?

In regards to the sticky's SS revisited, I also noticed a stripped version, how long should this stripped version be done before starting on SS? Or is it okay to skip SS if I do the stripped version?

In the sticky link to Starting Strength, does 3x5 mean 3 sets of 5 reps, or 5 sets of 3 reps? And which one would you recommend?

bulk 500 extra calories

the former
is better for all around development (strength and hypertrophy)

>Are there any ways to burn off fat without exercise?
just caloric deficit
also maybe keto or intermittent fasting

>If I keep this up will I start to lose muscle?
If you have muscle from weight lifting, are in a deficit and don't train, then yes.

How long does it usually take for a linear progression to run out? For my body to stop being able to add weight progressively?
I feel like I'm approaching this point but I've only been working out for 1 month
161 ibs
5 rms
OHP 100
BP 135
squat 160
deadlift 185

What happened to the lewd trappy imgur?

good lifts for 1 month. esp bench, i got to 185 squat and 225 dead before i hit 1pl8 bench. Were you athletic before?

Just try a calorie goal out for a month, see your weight change, and adjust as needed

Thoughts on Keto?

Of course. Theyre not for your viewing pleasure, theyre for seeing in 6 months and comparing to current.

3x5 is still fine; your working weight is the most you can do with good form

Really depends. It's a totally different movement.

Maybe 2pl8, i have no idea tho

>telling someone at 20+%bf to bulk

read the sticky moron

I was kinda an idiot when I started
By one month I meant one month of serious lifting
I made up my own program before I started a linear progression that focused almost entirely on chest and arms
I was also always somewhat healthy never too big or small

literally doesnt matter. whatever you feel like

no carbs and no dairy protein makes me full on a three egg omelet a day. the weight is just falling off. shit's wild.

keep protein fairly low.

pointless. just count your calories, no need for any difficult gimmicky shit

Oh that makes sense then.

Have you done any deloads yet? Linear progression doesnt just mean increasing the weight each time without fail:

If you fail a set, then try the same weight again next time, if you fail again, then reduce the weight by 20% or so next time and increase back to where you were. Do extra reps with the lower weight. This is called a deload.

So you say they are essentially too similar to worry about?

You wont be at weights where you want to throw on 2 extra sets for fun for long.

So I tore my left kneecap out of it's socket two days ago, and I just wanted to know if anyone in here has experienced the same?
How long did it take before you were able to do Squats again? If you even can do that at all
I'm incredibly paranoid of not being able to return from this

Next question, Ive only been going about a month with the stripped version but Ive been doing it at home and easing into it.

I have only barbell and dumbells with plates so I have to clean for squats and ohp. Ive been on ei and recently started working again so until my first few cheques roll in this works best. Squat is seriously reduced though because I cant clean enough weight yet, is it okay that my squat remains lighter for a few weeks?

Also no bench either so Ive been doing floor presses, after digging around a bit I founf that benching fucks your shoulders, is it okay to continue floor pressing even after I make it to the gym or is the famage to shoulders overplayed?

please respond

I have specifically on my overhead press
ahhh thats what I was looking for
I was worried since I failed I was doing something wrong
thanks a million, didn't release deloading was normal, still new to this

Maybe its the wording but I dont know what you mean here

What's the opposite of melatonin?

Like melatonin helps you fall asleep at night, either from lack of light or a pill. What's the opposite when you're exposed to light? Is it just a decrease in melatonin or an increase in something else?

I could have sworn it was something else but I simply cannot remember it.

I couldn't fucking sleep all night and only got ~2hrs of sleep. Now I have to go to work. Are my gains fucked or no? It was a rest day.

Serotonin

Hey Veeky Forums, i have a problem when i squat. I've only been on SS for about 3~ weeks only 1pl8 right now, but when finish my first working set i have this stinging pain from my inner thighs. Should i deload and work back up to it?

What do I do about all the excess skin on my ass and thighs thats there from losing weight? Its seriously all fucked up down there now and seems like no matter how many squat like exercises I do nothing changes it.

Also this weird clump of fat that settled just above my ass makes me want to kms.

no

the gains you make from day to day are miniscule and you've only set yourself back a tiny bit, on the grand scheme it means nothing (assuming you eat and sleep and train correctly)

>is it okay if my squat remains lighter
youre not going to die. obviously not ideal but i dont know why youre so concerned.

>bench fucks your shoulders
only if you do it with 90 degree shoulders like a moron. watch the "retract the fucking scapula" video with the funny black guy and also mark rippetoe's video for benching. good form means good shoulders.

You should seriously see a chiropractor dude

I misunderstood your post, my bad. Answer is yes, well really it doesnt matter. Do extra sets to get your form down, why do you need to ask Veeky Forums if thats ok? nothing wrong with it.

I'd cut about 10-15 pounds and just start a bulk from there. I'd highly recommend creatine and a complete multivitamin, your going to want as much testosterone as you can get when you start that first bulk

I just want to progress.

WIll check out funny black guy, thank you

stretch ur hip flexors and watch alan thrall's squat videos

Oats. Squats and oats bro

to lose the fat, cut.

to lose the loose skin, keep building muscle, apply lotion, drink lots of water, and give it time. Also pray because there are no guarantees with loose skin unfortunately. best of luck.

I ask because I could learn something new or another angle of thought, plus if a 3x5 isnt different than a 5x5 then id rather do the former so I can gain some extra time in the evening

>Serotonin

Could it be argued then that if I took Serotonin in the morning I could wake up quicker/easier?

I deal with this groggy feeling until the sun finally breaks through the clouds. No clouds means I wake up a lot quicker, but if its heavy overcast it takes longer.

Would taking serotonin help with this?

if you've ever done acid or mdma and know a little about how they work, this post is so hilarious to read.

I haven't.

Why is it so funny?

I believe it would, yes
But then again, I don't really know enough about it to make a sure statement, so I'd suggest you check with your doctor

Because serotonin controls feelings of happiness, contentment, love, memories and other shit like that, and is not at all well understood by science. Serotonergic drugs such as lsd and mdma affect the brains serotonin system, causing all sorts of, ah, interesting effects.

The idea that there is some "opposite" to melatonin is actually completely retarded and I have no idea how you came up with it. The user that posted serotonin was obviously fucking with you.

The only real guarantee with loose skin is surgery. Fuck.

still, beats being fat

When you have to gain like 1 lb per week how do you know you are doing it right, like if you dont take a proper shit the weight changes so much?

Somebody on Veeky Forums told me to replace the rows with chin ups until I can do 3x5 chin ups. Should I listen to them or start with barbell? I'm already doing pull ups for this routine, so I feel like it might be redundant, but you guys are the experts

Is it?

I had a friend once who had to go on a crazy sleep schedule and remember him taking melatonin to fall asleep and something else to wake up. I thought it was a caffeine pill but it wasn't.

A google search brought up seratonin but I knew it had to do with happiness. That's why I asked here, to see if it also helped with waking up or if there was something else I was looking for.

Setotonin, or at least 5-HTP, is sold over the counter so when the other guy said serotonin I figured maybe that was just it.

measure your weight every morning, preferably after a shit. this is most consistent. Put the numbers in excel and take an average every 7 days. See how the average changes.

Sorry, I meant pull ups. Chin ups is already on the routine

5 htp is different. I think it encourages serotonin production, a friend of mine uses it to help come down from mdma. (she does it alot more than i do).

serotonin might well have something to do with waking up in the morning. no idea.

the specifics really dont matter that much. both work the lats. do which one you prefer, or ideally do both. Routines dont have to be set in stone.

Is there a place I can get a menu, maybe biweekly or monthly, that meets certain calorie parameters and I just follow it?
I'm willing to sacrifice on my personal tastes for the convenience and certainty a prepared one might find

where are you from? in australia we have light and easy and it's fantastic if you're too lazy to cook

Alrighty, I think I'll go to barbell rows. I seem to be advancing in all my weight based exercises, I'm still having trouble reaching 3x5. Have been fucking up at the last 2 reps for a while

Texas

Hello fellow Texan. Houston?

Klein, NW Houston
At A&M during the school year

Holy shit nigga! Me too!

Sociology major. Joining the HPD when I graduate

Just buy a fuckton of chicken breast, oats, milk, green leafy vegetables, eggs, bananas, shit like garlic and onions and lemons, and spices and hot sauce and whatever

for breakfast have some eggs or have milk and oats or both whatever. bananas too

for lunch have that dank chicken breast with whatever, onions, spices, hot sauce, experiment. have plenty of vegetables also

for dinner do the same thing.

do whatever amounts fit into your calorie and macros budget. those should be your staples.

My brother is on that path, just claimed sociology from Blinn Team
Mom is trying to convince him off of it because of the niggers recently
Have you considered Dallas?
Are you in the Corps?

What the fuck. currently shitposting from louetta and steubner airline

i dont go to a&m, i go out of state

lol I'm on Spring Cypress and Stuebner
Hi NSA

Did you go to Klein?

I binged today. Normally I've been eating 1500 calories a day. Today I ate 2800.

Would it be a horrible idea to only eat 1000 calories tomorrow just to try and salvage this a little? I'd go right back to 1500 the next day. I have over 100 pounds to lose.

Nah, went to a charter school. Harmony? you may have heard of it

This is crazy lol. what gym do you go to?

Nah I'm not in the corp. And I prefer Houston

I'm familiar with the city and its the 5th largest police force in the nation. The pay is nice too!

Sociology is a pain because all they end up talking about is white male privilage. I'm not white, but I still find it annoying.

The blacks aren't too bad, they aren't chosen because of affirmative action if that makes you better. Also last time I checked, TAMU is the 5th whitest school in the nation

It does encourage serotonin production.

That's why I'm curious if serotonin wakes you up at all. Cause then I'd try 5-HTP to kick-start serotonin production which would then help me waking up.

Maybe not as strong/quick as caffeine, but I'm looking for that waking feeling I get when the sun is out. I can wake up immediately if its a sunny morning and its time to get up. But on overcast not so much.

If you can do it, go for it. But the important thing is the day after day after day grind, not messing up one day. If you have 100 lbs to lose, your TDEE probably isnt even much lower (if it all) than 2800. So really it's more like a pause in progress rather than a step back.

Also, dont think of it as 100 lbs to lose. Every pound you lose makes a difference.

Lose 1 pound 100 times.

My house
I know Harmony

I've been a member of the FLC gym at Champion Forest Baptist, but not this summer

Maybe the 5th whitest large public school, but I really don't believe we're one of the whitest.
Related, that incident earlier this year of the Dallas ethnic youths taking a tour and getting "harassed" was BS

>my house
jelly, wish i had a home gym. I go to shitty-ass 24 hr fitness

i have a few friends (all white actually) at a&m and none of them have mentioned any issues with affirmative action fwiw. you probably won't find very many colleges, besides very small ones, that are more conservative and white than a&m

Mormon president young is pretty affirmative action

I know you're right, but the liberal of the state institution is still upsetting to me :`^(
It's my zip year though, it's going to be great

Dont worry about it much. Im at a very liberal private school and although there is a decent amount of all that here, it's easy to ignore and get on with your life.

Anyone have that pic of the guy spreading his legs on the subway looking up and listening to music?
N-no homo

What's the longest period you've gone without going to the gym? I've been on a 6 month hiatus

I gained 0.7 kg this week bulking, but I didn't take a shit. First time bulking. Is it ok or do I need to reduce kcals?