Acne at age 26 despite pretty stringent skin regimen

>acne at age 26 despite pretty stringent skin regimen
>prescribed Tetralysal/Lymecycline

How do I protect my gut flora whilst on these meds?

I don't want to come out of it shitting liquid and feeling ill 24/7

Other urls found in this thread:

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/enhanced/doi/10.1111/j.1749-6632.2002.tb04132.x
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Got any allergies? My skin got better when I cut wheat, tomatoes and carrots out of my diet

I would recommend a blood test and crosscheck any possible allergies with table 1 here
>onlinelibrary.wiley.com/enhanced/doi/10.1111/j.1749-6632.2002.tb04132.x

just ask your derm for accutane pham, it's the most effective

This. I had some real acne issues until I finally convinced my doctor to give me these tablets.

Mine is just giving me some retarded lotion even though I have pretty bad bacne and face acne. When I asked her for accutane she told me that it would be better with that lotion crap and that accutane is only temporary and that it would fuck up my kidneys.

Why the fuck is she doing that? Does she want me to pay more for those face masks and lotions?

Lymecycline is pretty light on your system isn't it? I don't remember any side effects when I was on it.

I don't know how it works for OP, but I had to go through a round of Lymecycline and some Benzoyl Peroxide gel before I got an appointment with the derm for Accutane. It's the last resort, heavy duty solution, so they want to make sure you really need it before prescribing.

>It's the last resort, heavy duty solution, so they want to make sure you really need it before prescribing.
more like they want to squeeze as much shekels out of you as possible

I live in Norway, so it wasn't particularly expensive for me. Our health system actually wants to treat its patients.

I had literally the same problem. First doctor was an ass only giving me some lotions to get as much money as possible, I switched doctor (had to wait 4 fucking months) and I finally got my tablets.
Just switch doctor, even if you have to wait for several months for a new appointment.

Good luck!

Not really. I also had to go Benzoyl Peroxide, antibotics and lotions before they allowed Aknenormin. The possible side-effects can be really harmful, you shouldn't take them on the light shoulder.

but the side effects aren't permanent fampai

It depends. I had:

dry eyes (not able to wear contact lenses anymore)

extremely dry skin, even when I spend all day in a building without being out at all (in winter) my skin looked and felt like an extreme sunburn, I had to cream my skin at least two times per day to get rid of it after a few weeks when my body got used to the meds

dry lips that teared apart even though I had some special cream for them I put on 5-10 times a day

And these were light to average side effects that also weren't permanent but on the instruction leaflet are way worse possibilities.
Don't get me wrong if I had to make the choice again I would still as soon as possible get the tablets and I also recommed them anyone I know with acne issues.

Yeah. I think the dryness is what kills the acne. Those are the most common side effects.

I don't know of any other worse ones. The instruction leaflet always shows you the worse ones because they're extremely dangerous for a very small amount of people. The worst side effects are very uncommon.

Just like there are people who can't take certain drugs without getting ill and in worse cases dying, while the majority of people can take those same drugs without a problem, there are people who can't/shouldn't take accutane. Most people should be fine.

How long did it take for the side effects to start? I'm on my second week of accutane and don't want dry lips

replenish them with probiotics, senpai. get on prebiotics too.

not from your yakult tho. get them from pharmacies. they come frozen.

I had the same side effects as that guy. Dry everything, couple of random nosebleeds, and I was in the sun for a day and I got an incredibly pink sunburn. Wasn't very painful, just ridiculous looking. Plus and I was slightly more irritable when on it. I never yelled or got angry at someone, I just felt way more annoyed when playing Dota with my friends and they weren't taking it as serious.
Another side effect that I still have is that I sweat more from my forehead. When it's hot in the gym and I do something that gets my heart rate up I get like a million tiny raindrops of sweat on my forehead, which is pretty annoying.

Some weeks. My doctor literally told me "some side effects may vary, but I guarantee you dry lips".

>onlinelibrary.wiley.com/enhanced/doi/10.1111/j.1749-6632.2002.tb04132.x
Thanks senpai.

I'll look into it.

Do you need a prescription?

Or are they OTC?

I used to have bad acne.. quit using salicylic acid or any other acne medication. Just splash water on your face and wipe it off. When you shower use bar soap on your face. My acne went away.

Then your acne was a bitchboy acne. Not bad acne.

Don't take that as an insult, it's a good thing. There acne that won't fuck off until you blow it the fuck away with extremely powerful antibiotics that fuck up your body, like mine.

>I used to have bad acne.. quit using salicylic acid or any other acne medication. Just splash water on your face and wipe it off. When you shower use bar soap on your face. My acne went away.
OP here.

I've done all these memes for ~10 years and still nothing.

People have different skin types and reactions to external stimuli.

The only thing that has ever helped the acne (but not completely cleared it) is a loofah and head and shoulders.

Literally exfoliating with head and shoulders got me to the point where I was no longer bleeding every time I shaved. Zinc pyrithione in the anti-dandruff formula stops bacteria from being able to divide and also acts as an antifungal.

>Fuck up my kidneys
Why does everyone spout this shit? They say it destroys your liver too...
As long as you don't drink alcohol while taking accutane it won't fuck you up.
If your derm is smart, they will do monthly blood tests too to check up on it.

I already have crippling anxiety and depression. with accutane make me commit sudoku?

I had one day where I was really depressed on it, but the rest of the days were just the normal level of misery.

Ahhh, so normal crippling sadness of misery, then a single day of something worse.

understood.

I guess I got somewhat lucky then. It just sounds insane to take a drug with so much potential for damage, just to fix something cosmetic.

Dandruff shampoo seems like it just glues your dandruff to your scalp. I stopped shampooing every day and my dandruff went away.. laureth sulfate dries out your skin I think.

Good luck getting your acne under control.

>As long as you don't drink alcohol while taking accutane it won't fuck you up.
My doctor didn't tell me anything about not being allowed to drink. I drank just as often as usually while I wasn't able to drink as much as usually.
But I got to admit that my face after some sleepless nights looked really horrible. Like I was literally shocked what happend to it and it needed some days to get back normal.

>anxiety and depression
Someone who won't greet you may let you commit suicide. Seriously though, the chances are way less than 0,01% so give it a try if your skin looks like the moon.

>just to fix something cosmetic.
Google for pictures of "acne" and be honest. Do these people look like they have regularly sex or relationships?

You all can get accutane online ezpz just go to the same sources /fraud/ uses for their pharma shit

>. It just sounds insane to take a drug with so much potential for damage, just to fix something cosmetic.
bahahahahaha

are you retarded?

>get a bitchboy pimple
>claim you have acne
>claim it's cosmetic

People are in constant pain due to acne mate.
Imagine not being able to get your hair cut without bleeding.

Imagine not being able to buy light coloured sheets due to blood staining at night.

Imagine not being able to shave without planning ahead so you can control the gashes in your skin.

>cosmetic
fuck off

>just to fix something cosmetic
I hated going out in public and acne ruined any development I was supposed to have with girls during high school because I hated how I looked, and I'm still dealing with the fallout of that today, so it's not "just cosmetic".

>using a drug that's also used to treat cancer off prescription and off supervision

wat

>Imagine not being able to shave without planning ahead so you can control the gashes in your skin.

>tfw when you weren't able to shave your awful teenage facial hair when you wanted because you had pimples and cysts in the way
>every time you thought it might be clearing up you woke up with new ones

You can fix your acne in 2 weeks with accutane

>acne in 2 weeks with accutane
What acne does this have to be? Mine took 2 weeks for just starting to work and several months to get rid of it completely.

prolly shitfaggot acne

You know, the chronic acne you get when you have 1-2 pimples per month sometimes.

Well not horrendous cystic shit but if you got a little face acne and bacne it will do the trick in a few weeks

>not horrendous cystic shit
then why are you taking heavy 'potentially impotency-causing' style drugs without supervision?

you mong.

OTC

something like this:
iherb.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Jarro-Dophilus-EPS-Enhanced-Probiotic-System-30-Veggie-Caps/52717
and
iherb.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Inulin-FOS-6-3-oz-180-g-Powder/15533

Brilliant senpai.

Much appreciated.

I'll pop a pustule for you tonight.

OP I will actually answer your question. Pick up some lactobacillus probiotic in supplement isle and eat some yogurt/cheese.

Thanks.

I'm 5 months into taking tetralysal, not noticed any sides yet and my acne's gotten way better. I'd get a cyst every day or so before it, now I get a whitehead maybe once a week if that.

I shit myself once when on tetralysal.

It was only a little bit, but basically poopwater leaked out my butt. and boy did it stink.

Luckily I was at home.