Why did you get Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums?

girls, to cure my self loathing, improve confidence, higher social satus

same reasons also just because being healthy feels good and means there's less likelihood of dying from heart disease

I switched jobs two years ago, the office gives free gym membership to all employees and the gym is right next door. I was a lazy, chubby piece of shit and I knew I no longer had any excuse.

My only regret is not starting years earlier.

for girls

Something has to fix my depression

I believe there is no outside meaning to life, so you have to make yours. To me, life is basically a game into which you're born without knowing the rules or goals. The only goal is literally to win.

And I don't know at what I'm supposed to win, so I try to win at everything.

>recovery from shoulder/back injury
>feels so good being free from pain and be able to move again
>decided to continue doing it to avoid getting injured again
>eventually the desire to lift became kind of a need

My gym subscription was about to run out in 2 months and I thought, fuck it "I will actually do it this year!" and I actually kept at it. Only 4 months in but it's longer than I was ever able to hold out.

I did for myself, because I was fat and depressed. Now I'm Veeky Forums, and it feels great.

this one socrates citation i stumbled across while doing my degree.

Also to try to cope with small depression/lack of doing anything/finding meaning in things.

Went better after a few years after the breakup, so maybe to cope with that too.

Gona finish studying next summer and leave university at least smarter and more ripped than I started. Could be worse r-rright?

so fuckn bored
not enough friends
decide to get a new hobby etc

currently in progress, but i started going regularly in febuary this year

did it because i wanted to find a new place where i belong

that and to become swole like a sick cunt

Zyzz said we're all gonna make it

i will not let him down

multiple reason
>girls obviously
>higher social status
>healthiness
>good looking is asociated with intelligence - career reasons

I had crippling insecurity related to a special kind of gyno. Instead of man-tits, all the breast tissue was concentrated behind the areolas. They were extremely puffy, and the breast tissue behind them meant that any time my nipples weren't hard they'd protrude against my shirt. My big-ass nipples showed throw two, even three layers of clothing (undershirt, t-shirt, button-up). I could never, ever relax and forget the unrelenting embarassment. I didn't even like to be shirtless when I was alone.

Then my flabby, untrained ass failed a fitness test and my squadron put me on the fat kid fitness program. I started to scratch the surface of real fitness. And I realized those good feelings could help me compensate for my tremendous insecurity. Lifting didn't make me feel normal, but it gave me some "up" periods instead of all down.

Four years later and no "learn to love yourself" lesson attained, I gave up on hiding it and got the gyno surgery. And now I have no motivation to go to the gym. I fucked a bunch of women, got mired, had my good times - but it all came down to my tits in the end. Now that I feel normal I don't feel as motivated. It's a struggle. I've fallen out of the habit. I really need a new muse.

pic related, I was 2 or 3 months in. Notice my tits are concealed.

being Veeky Forums doesnt get you girls but it helps

>what is nip and tuck

>what is reading

Because it was another way to improve myself.

I started working out only after finishing my doctorate and getting a job. A year into sitting in my office all day, being miserable and after talking to a few of my mates I realized I lose interest in things as soon as I've reached the 'top'. And the beauty with lifting and fitness is, that you're pretty much never done.

Sounds autistic but I fucking love it.

I have the same nipple issue. Tbh I don't give a fuck. I just can't wear tshirts.

i was a ugly skellington. now i'm an ugly beefcake.

I have a huge ego and having a good face isn't enough

To be completely honest, I despise women despite being physically attracted to them. I am a 24 year Veeky Forums virgin, and the main reason why I started lifting is because I want to look like I could get a gf if I wanted to (which I don't). If I still looked like shit, saying that I didn't want a gf just didn't seem credible

To make other people jealous.
Ego issues, narcissism, etc.
Recently made out with one of my best friends (a girl), jeopardizing her 3-year relationship, all for a confidence/ego boost. Because I wanted to make her attracted to me.
Worst thing is I feel no regret, no shame.
Kind of want to shoot myself because of that.

I woke up one day and could no longer deny that I had allowed my glorious high school football/wrestling/track body to degrade into a sort of lump.

Hey man same, only it was my best friends girlfriend

Do you have a more recent pic? I'd like to see what you got after years of working out if you got that far in 2 or 3 months.

Fuck, I don't think even I'd go as far as that.
Tbh I kinda hope she breaks up with him just because the guy's pretty shitty; lazy as fuck, doesn't really do anything, bit of a control/jealous freak. Not a bad person really, just that my friend's probably the most happy, upbeat, amazing, joyous person I've ever known and deserves much better.

This is at what I'd consider my prime. I was maybe 190lbs? But I slow-bulked for years and never knuckled down to cut the fat, so the result was never "shredded." Even once I got "big" I had enough fat on top of it that it was unaesthetic.

It used to be a huge chore to try and get any good pictures because I had a very limited window where my nipples would stay hard, and eventually they'd get desensitized from my trying to keep them hard. That was how insecure I was about it.

>I'd like to see what you got after years of working out if you got that far in 2 or 3 months.

To clarify, I got skinnyfit pretty quick, but my lack of conviction towards bulking or cutting meant progress was insanely slow and eventually tapered into just being too fat for the muscle to look good.

>Why did you get Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums?
i wouldn't call myself fit but i started lifting because im a kv manlet and im trying to overcompensate being a manlet

>Confidence
>Health

I feel less fatigued and more happy with myself ever since I started.

Mini story:
>be me
>beta asf
>Moved to live at bro's house
>Constantly has his and his gf's friends over
>All I did is hide in my room and play vidya
>Go downstairs to grab something to eat
>Bump into qt3.14 redhead in doorway to kitchen
>Strike up convo, she works with bro's gf
>Asks me to join her for a drink outside
>Get invited to go Water park with her and some friends
>Being me, refuses because im "busy"
>Dont want to go due to me being a skel and not wanting to take my shirt off to show my xylophone ribcage
>Later go back to room and play Vidya
>Depressed asf

I never want to have that feeling again.

started lifting to avoid injury at a stupid physical job (repetitive movements working in a grocery store), kept going because it gives me more discipline to be a healthier person- stopped smoking and got over an eating disorder with some time. Just beginning to get more serious about actually following a program, etc, after mental health, happiness and willpower gainz.
Also, keeps me motivated to improve my life in other areas (career relationship etc), and funnily enough when I don't go to the gym for a week or more, my motivation and mood slip down with my strength.

I don't think lifting gets me laid any more than being skinny got me laid, but it does help me feel like my body is less of a POS.

I got fit because i'm 173 cm (5'8?) And at the age of 18 my weight was 89 kg, then I saw myself in the mirrir and decided that I didnt want to be that fat fuck anymore, 4 years later i'm 75kg and I keep lifting because I wanna be the best version of myself
I don't lift for girls and never gonna do it

I got fit because Capcom fucked up Street Fighter V and I needed a new hobby.

>it was a chore to keep my nipples hard
What in the fuck are you talking about son

So i could get my gf

I got some blood tests done and it turned out that I had very low white cells and possibly some bacteria, due to the lack of adequate sleep and a bad diet, so yeah I decided it was time to change shit.

>newfriends will eat this bait right up

>Working a labor job as a 130lbs gril
>Want to get more strength and look toned
>25, getting to the age where "eat anything, my metabolism will take care of it" is coming to a close
>Family has a bad history of being overweight and diabetic. Not gonna let that happen to me
>I feel so much better since eating clean and lifting

because there was nothing else to do

felt like I was changing something

>27
>metabolism started slowing down because of sedentary job and college
>lift and run to not be a fat shit
Helped out a lot, get a lot of qts mirin now and people think I'm in my early twenties.
Doesn't do much beyond that.

Because I one terribly shamed myself and America.
I used to feel unhappy about being fat but that didn't get me moving consistently. It was the shame

>developed asthma as newborn (no immunity system yet) because parents were poor and lived in a house with mold
>fat since childhood because every physical activity ended with you suffocating
>never had friends because you were fat
>never been on a party because you were fat and no one liked you
>never had a gf because you were fat
>childhood spent playing vidya gaems
>decided to try this lifting weights thing
>start lifting
>almost 3 years of lifting
>not enjoying vidya anymore
>still no friends
>still no gf
>parents still poor
>nothing has changed besides my body
just

This may be the stupidest shit, but I actually started lifting because I started doing steroids. It felt like a waste of drugs if I didn't work out too, so I started going to the gym 4 times a week and now I'm like a hundred times healthier because I made the unhealthy decision to cheat. Funny how life is sometimes, isn't it.

Hey, she's pretty cute

Does anybody have her cellphone number?

Shes my gf, lol

>I actually started lifting because I started doing steroids
you starded steroids without lifting? why?

Hey man, sorry I thought she was single

To heck with it, plenty of fish in the see

Man, you are lucky, one lucky son of a gun I say

don't worry breh you're not alone on the selfish/ narcisistic journey.

The main reason behind everything I do in life is to better than the people around me, simple as that.

I don't want to be fat anymore
I fucking hate it
all this fat acceptance bullshit pisses me off.
me losing weight and lifting is like giving the middle finger to those fucks.
Getting a GF and not becoming a wizard is just a side effect.
I think I reached the point where going to the gym actually starts to get addicting.