So I want to lose this flab shit. My first assumption was that cardio was going to be the right approach to do this...

So I want to lose this flab shit. My first assumption was that cardio was going to be the right approach to do this. First, get back into shape to be able to run then just keep running like every other day. (I was on track, so I know what running means)

Decided to read the sticky and its saying lifting is overall better for weight loss. That true, senpai?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-36763102
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

eating less is what is going to get you to lose weight user forget exercise

exercise for other reasons

What's so hard to understand you inbred faggot

EAT LESS THAN YOUR MAINTENANCE AND LIFT SHIT

Eat less you fat fuck

Yes true.
A 45min lifting session will burn less calories than a 45min cardio session.
But lifting will raise your metabolism, so you will continue burning more cal outside of the gym compared to not lifting. Doing cardio doesn't do that (except doing resistance based cardio, ie HIIT).
Overall, lifting makes you burn more calories in a week than cardio does. And lifting also gives you a nice silhouette, cardio just makes you skinnyfat if you're 30+ and never lifted in your life.

tl:dr yes, true.

I lost over 20 pounds just by calorie deficit and lifting, but once I added cardio into the mix I noticed I'm losing weight a lot faster.

My recommendation is that you eat at a deficit, lift, AND do cardio.

user here. Is there a specific type of lifting I'll want to do to target my mid-section, or will any type of lifting do it?

Yeah, avoid squats, they'll make you fat.

yeah only do abwork -- no arms or legs

Weighted eyewinks should do it. The eyelids share an inverse hypertrophy relationship through trigger points with your love handle muscles.

Just get a fucking lipo you dumb cunt.

There's plenty of free information on the net.
Running alone is going to burn fat and muscle but it's pointless if you have a bad diet.
Lift weights because you'll also burn fat, but build muscle (get toned and less flabby) which also requires more calories even when you're not lifting weights.

And for fuck's sake, learn about form and diet. Don't go to the smith machine, and squat 1 pound 2 inches up and down like a dumb retard.

Great to see so much helpful and sincere help for someone who is simply trying to get informed!

EAT VEGETABLES AND CHICKEN

Just take steroids ;)

In order of importance -
eating at a caloric deficit
eating enough protein
lifting
LISS cardio

Its not fucking rocket science. You should eat less with a high protein diet. Lift AND do cardio you faggot. Do your big compounds and cardio on rest days

i did cardio and didnt lift for a few months and only got skinny fat due to not building muscle

im lifting now but fuck i shouldve been lifting the whole time. dont make my mistake

true

good job on the weight loss bro

The most effective method for reducing weight is dietary. Put it this way: What's easier, running on a treadmill for an hour, or saying no to a bag of chips? And here's another thing to consider: If you don't use self-control and try to exercise to compensate for your diet, you will in fact do the opposite: You will eat in a way that compensates for your exercise, making it all pointless.

It only takes a little food, but a lot of exercise.

After that, your exercise regimen should reflect your goals. Do you want strong cardiovascular health? Lower risk of myriad diseases? Endurance? Do cardio. Do you want a strong body for looks or for function? Lift. Do you want both? Do both.

But don't exercise for the sole purpose of getting skinny. Just eat less.

You need to fix your diet, first and foremost. You HAVE to eat fewer calories than you burn - the human body literally CAN'T function any other way. Any exercise you do on top of that is just a bonus.

As you lose weight, the number of calories you burn will go down, as some of the weight you lose will be muscle. Lifting weights can help minimize this.

Cardio does burn a few calories but not as many as you'd think. However, it does improve your health in general and is still worth doing.

>the human body literally CAN'T function any other way
Well, I mean... it can. Just, fatly.

>cardio doesn't burn very many calories
l-o-fucking-l

Well he isn't wrong. An hour of running at a somewhat respectable pace burns what, 400cal? Maybe 500? It's not nothing, but it's not amazing either.

Are you even computing the afterburner effect? No, you aren't and even with your arbitrary number
>500 calories not alot
I think it's time you read up and stopped going off half cocked, lil nigga

It really doesn't compared to how quickly you can put them in your mouth

A small bag of chips with 300 calories = 30 minutes of running minimum

Myfitnesspal

READ
THE

You haven't really said anything, because if you compare any kind of excise or diet with how easy it is to eat the amount burned, it will look the same as your little computation you did there and again
>Not counting the afterburner effect
I don't see why you single out cardio. I can only assume it's because you don't know enough about it

You're literally retarded. You'd have to be lacking a chromosome or two to be dumb enough to encourage people to treat exercise as a first resort and downplay the drastic amount of it that people would need to do to compensate for the shit eating habits that have brought them to the brink of obesity and beyond. I'm simply staggered by how fucking dumb you are that you can not only say it with a straight face, but even condescend to other people about it.

Just turn your computer off and shoot yourself in the fucking head.

what

dude he's agreeing with you

There is no such thing as targetting an area.
You lose fat overall -> your midsection loses fat.
Also: don't even dare posting again before reading the sticky you fucking nigger

Lemme break down your little formula
>Cardio isn't good you can just eat a burger 500 calorie burger and all your work was for nothing
But the same can be said about lifting weight--
>Lifting weights isn't good you can just eat a burger and all of it was for nothing
and diet
>Diet isn't good, you can lose all your progress with one burger!
Since it applies equally to everything you can do to lose weight, why only apply it to cardio like it's special and then also not compute the afterburner effect? I repeat, read up lil nigga

>>Lifting weights isn't good you can just eat a burger and all of it was for nothing
nobody says this

>>Diet isn't good, you can lose all your progress with one burger!
uh

>Diet isn't good, you can lose all your progress with one burger!
except dieting by definition means you don't eat the burger...

I'm facepalming at this post of yours my friend, what are you not getting about how your argument against cardio of
>It really doesn't compared to how quickly you can put them in your mouth
can equally be applied to all other forms of weightloss techniques?

are we being trolled

lifting is not a weightloss technique

changing your diet by proxy is the act of not putting something in your mouth which beats 2 hours of cardiovascular exercise

Go on 500 calorie deficit diet. Then eat a 500 calorie burger right before bed. All the progress you made is gone for the day. The exact same reasoning as the guy used with his 300 bag of chips and 300 cardio argument. It's not difficult to see guys

Hooo boy. Looks like you got me

See my first reply, also
>lifting is not a weightloss technique

It's a pretty simplistic idea, man. It's a lot easier to eat less than to eat normally and compensate with lengthy, painful cardio sessions. I don't know what you don't get about that.

You can win double by "not eating the burger" AND doing cardio, but we're talking about if you're going to do any one thing - it might as well be the easiest one, which is not eating the burger. If you're desperate to lose weight but can't even stick to the easiest option (diet), how are you going to do the harder one (cardio) anyway?

Elipticals with max resistance burns me about 1000kcal/h u dummy

Made the same mistake myself. Almost at the end of tunnel, did my bulk now I'm cutting to get my physique just right before I really go full bore on bulking again.

You're gonna look great after you build some muscle, congrats on the good work so far, user.

>Go on 500 calorie deficit diet. Then eat a 500 calorie burger right before bed. All the progress you made is gone for the day.

...if you do that then you are by definition not dieting...

500cal is like a third of your daily intake if you're 'cutting' for the first time.

thanks bro. mostly doing upper body work to get a better overall body composition. i plan to eventually put in some bodyweight for core training and flexibility

Read the fucking sticky faggot.

That's not what I'm talking about you're replying to the wrong guy who something

And eating a 300 cal burger after 300 cals of cardio as in that guy's example is not burning any weight either, but your point is flawed because you will have been dieting properly for 23 hours but in the last 1 hour you would undo all your work with one burger. Same as in the cardio example which was my point all along. Try to keep up

Why does bodybuilding.com pay people like you to shitpost here?

I wouldn't call it undoing all your work. Doing cardio does makes you better at cardio.

Who cares. We're talking about weightloss

i think your problem is that you view dieting as an activity you put "hours" into actively doing, rather than just changing your habits like a normal person which requires 0 effort in comparison to running on a treadmill to reverse a caloric surplus

The problem lies in your faulty argument against cardio of a 300 calorie hamburger undoing 300 calories of running. When that's true for every possible technique you can use for weightloss. Every single thing can be undone if you eat the amount burned with a burger, and since it's true for all of them, why bring it up like it's special different for cardio? As if eating a burger of equal calories to what you burned dieting, working out, or any other weightloss activity was any different

bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-36763102

Here ya go, bud.

please strongly consider suicide

hahahaha holy shit you're retarded

Buy one of those ab machines they sell on TV. I mean they even tell you that they target the mid-section fat right in the infomercial. How dumb are you?

I just eat maintenance for an inactive level and work out for 80 minutes a day. It works