Tanning/Sun Beds

So Veeky Forums, who here tans?

Amazes me how many average looking, tall, very well built guys there are, with utterly shit skin - as white as paper, acne, etc.

Here in the UK, we rarely see the fucking sun, so sun beds are a blessing.

Only just started a few weeks ago, building up slowly, but I've already had mires. I'm white and pasty as fuck normally, but when I do get a tan (on holiday abroad) I tan amazingly. Can't believe I waited this long.

So, thoughts?

inb4 "skin cancer" - Yeah, we fucking know about that captain obvious. Risk is minimal unless you go on 40 hours a week, which just makes you look like a leather fucking bag anyway. Like all the good things in life - moderation is key.

I'm not a girl.

>Not getting a nice skin tone and looking some pasty Scottish cunt simply because "it's for girls".

Yeah, good luck with that mate.

Yeah UK brah here, it's insane how much more cut I look going from pasty to tanned. MT2 is good chit too.

enjoy yo skin cancer bro

desu, I want to remain as white as possible. I dislike girls with tanning, and find it ugly on myself. I was born white, and don't want to look loke other races.

A white guy who tans is like a nigger that bleaches his skin, if you don't like your origins, it's understandable.

>MT2
Hmm, never heard of MT2 before, but just Googled it.

It isn't something I'd need to tan, like I say, I tan very nicely, like a Spanish person or something, but I notice it's also a beta-blocker.

I was prescribed beta-blockers for panic attacks a few months ago, but didn't take them for two reasons -

1. I got over the panic attacks myself without medication, like a faggot loser (or "a man" as faggot losers would say).

2. Beta blockers work by restricting your heart rate, so they fuck you up when you're trying to work out. So I'd be careful taking that shit.

>not reading the post before responding
>being this fucking stupid.

To each his own. Don't get me wrong, I was of the "I am who I am" mindset for ages, but then I learned that most girls don't like white, pasty, Auschwitz mode guys, no matter how good their personality is. That's society for you - either play ball or opt out, it's your choice.

And to be clear, I'm not trying to look like a nigger. I'm just trying to look a bit more healthy. Like I say - moderation is key.

You can't darken your skin that much by tanning anyway. You just go to look old and leathery.

finally a reason to post this pic.
enjoy your cancer b0ss

Who the fuck is that?

And again, you're an idiot who can't read.

I suppose most of the people on here saying "hurr, durr, enjoy your cancer!" are the same dumb-fuck overly-sensitive semi-autistic Americans who believe using steroids is somehow "cheating" and being under 6'2 makes you a "manlet".

>but then I learned that most girls don't like white, pasty, Auschwitz mode guys, no matter how good their personality is. That's society for you - either play ball or opt out, it's your choice.

It's a valid point of view, I respect that.

But in my case, I couldn't care less about what people like or want. They like 7%bf abs, I like being big and 15% bf. They like hairless fuckboys, I never shaved my body. I could also switch my glasses for lens, but I won't. I'm supposed to be social, have every social media, and have a billion facebook friends, I don't. I just want to leave humanity behind.

And conversely I respect your view too. Good on you.

Jesus, civility and reasonable agreement on Veeky Forums. Someone screenshot this shit.

I spend most weekends working on my grandparents farm, everyone always complements my farmers tan.

Enjoy your skin aging.

Enjoy having the skin of a 60 year old at 30

Again, do you stupid fucks not understand the word "moderation"?

Excessive anything can fuck you up.

A couple of beers with friends is a good night out, a bottle of vodka is a date with vomiting in a gutter and destroying your liver.

The UV you are exposed to everyday probably pushes the threshold for "moderation", any extra is overkill. I bet you don't even wear facial sunscreen when you go out

I live in the North of England. Our average UV level is like 2.

Even tomorrow, due by far the hottest and sunniest day of the year, it will hit like 8, which is still way below the levels you'd see in the Med, and for one fucking day only - rain and cloud from Wednesday until next June.

germany
I went once every 2 weeks during winter and spring
helped a little bit
but in the summer I got few moles on my body so I am worried a little bit

there is literally 0 difference between suntanning and sunbeds in terms of cancer right?

OP here - no, there is a big difference.

An average bed/booth (I use standing booths) is about 10 times the level of the Mediterranean sun.

Difference is, you go on for just a few minutes at a time. NEVER burn - that's how you fuck yourself up and get old skin and cancer.

Of course, the risk of cancer is always there, but some of us are willing to take the risk. Trust me, I'm the world's fucking worst hypochondriac, I wouldn't be doing this shit if I hadn't researched the shit out of it.

I'm lucky in that I tan very well, relatively quickly, and keep it for a very long time, so I don't need more than say an hours total exposure over 6 months to look good. Worth it to look human rather than like a Glaswegian heroin addict.

>Risk is minimal unless you go on 40 hours a week
Lol, no. Enjoy your skin cancer.

Also, I get enough tan from going outside.