What is the ultimate incentive to own digital coins?

what is the ultimate incentive to own digital coins?

as far as i know, any programmer can make a new coin, and you can make up a digital coin's market cap to anything you want. there are really no news to justify the coin's price movement other than news about the entire crypto sector itself. so why should one coin be valued more than another other than popularity? it makes no sense at all. anyone can just make a coin and say i'm going to sell $10 billion to the public as ICO. then what?

am i the only one who is sane enough to recognize that all of these coins are worth $0 in the long run?

Then why not just short everything if you're so sure?

i'm gonna use this line when faggots like op spout that retarded shit. 100% theyre just fucking around but it shuts all the bullshit down instantly at least

>am i the only one who is sane enough to recognize that all of these coins are worth $0 in the long run?

Not all, but definitely over 90%. This is like the dot com bubble during the turn of the last century

what is the ultimate incentive to own paper money?

as far as i know, any bank can make a new dollar, and you can make up a paper dollar's market cap to anything you want. there are really no news to justify the dollar's price movement other than news about the entire financial sector itself. so why should one currency be valued more than another other than popularity? it makes no sense at all. anyone can just print money and say i'm going to sell $10 billion to the public as debt. then what?

am i the only one who is sane enough to recognize that all of this fiat is worth $0 in the long run?

It's like what it says on the dollar bill In God we Tust. In CLG terms if you don't have faith why are you even hee?

This.

nope but its funny how they react when you tell them the truth and they get all defensive and tell you to put your money in something you dont believe in

also the miners have all the control here not the faggots who are shilling
so its not that decntralized like they make it out to be

because retards buying the useless coin push the price many times up with hype and would get me into serious trouble in the short term

>laws dont exist
oh shit its not like theyre gonna get sued to oblivion if they did that

no no no.. completely fucking different. paper money is something that everyone have decided long ago that they are going to use to as currency to exchange goods and services. yes bitcoin can be an alternative to all those paper money, and that justifies its price growth.

however, now you have 9284925901489 other crypto coins being made. how do you take them seriously? why should any of them be valued more than others or have any value at all? thats my point

>what is the ultimate incentive to own digital coins?
I will it explain it thus, child:

"When life is hard, things get gritty,
fight everyday,
for dat ass 'n' tiddy.

It may get ruff,
it could become witty,

Just keep on fightin',
for da ass 'n' Tiddy."

this girl is Asian

Ny one person can melt some metal and make their own coins as well. It doesn't mean they have value. The value is set by the market and the use of the coin.

This is already happening brainbird

Value is based upon the perceived value of a coin's use case. So a legal contract coin is likely to be priced higher than that stupid dentist shitcoin.

Who is this Asian goddess?

>posted from my iphone

If you cant google the basic advantages of blockchain tech and its application as a currency then idc wat u do

so when you get divorce raped in court you can say "oops lost my wallet key"

The difference, and it's a big one, is that we KNOW it's just like that time. Which means it won't behave the same way at all.

The thing is I don't see it crashing right now. Altcoins are mostly established and shitcoins only make you money if you're the one running them. The fever is calming down.

My only question is right now every has a big boner over BTC and other crypto because "it's worth so much USD" but what I have to wonder is if BTC or some other coin ever becomes the de-facto currency what's stopping the economy from making the value of BTC less by just saying "well an ice cream is 1BTC now and Ferraris are 300k BTC again."

>what is the ultimate incentive to own paper money?

It's legal tender that can be used to trade for goods and services.

i hate it when asian girls wear this frilly shit yo make their tits look bigger

>"this time it's different!"

the fact that you're saying this, is evidence that it's not different at all.

the cost of mining obviously

>solar flare hits earth
>wipes electronics
>coins now worthless
>this almost happened in 2012
>happened in 1859
>could literally happen at any point and gold and property are the only mediums that have value

unless they add a shitton of new btc thats impossible

If electronics are wiped your gold and property are going to be fucking worthless

valuations of mined coins is derived from a shared prisoners dilemma in which miners will only sell their mined coins at a profitable rate. in a wider scope it is also related to the hashrate and total amount of miners in a network

valuations if proof of stake coins is derived by the network effect and inflation rate and stake weight of the network and how fairly distributed it is, or if it is unfairly distributed it is valued by the trust in the richest, or if it is a more fair stake scheme, it is valued on the merits of the scheme

if it has an underlying value proposition it naturally finds a fair value directly related to the value proposition, example being a coin that pays dividends related to business activity or one that is burned using a large part of the project's profits

valuations of ico tokens are derived from how desirable the ico to be entered is

valuations of scamcoins are derived solely from the network effect and generational bottoms, they have no merit, no reason to exist, and they are true bags.

everything is then inflated by margin trading and reinvestment of profits, and coins may be a combination of the above classes

if this happens everything would change, not just crypto, that would be literally a new world

I will trad you my house for 1000 bitcoins, 100% i would and many others whats your point my house is a good and i will certainly trade it for bitcoins your argument just got rekt improve it

Read a physics book ignorants that cant happen