5 year lifter here, about to drop a massive red pill on all of you guys. Screenshot this thread for future reference

5 year lifter here, about to drop a massive red pill on all of you guys. Screenshot this thread for future reference.

This is comparing the total protein synthesis up-time + total yearly workload for the following 4 routines: Full Body, vs PPL(or U/L), vs Brosplit.

>Full Body Routine - (3x) weekly frequency
-Incline Bench 3x10x100kg = 3000KG
-Body-weight Dips 3x15x85kg = 3825KG
Total weekly load = 20,475KG
Total monthly load = 81,900KG
Total load (6 months) = 491,400KG
Total load (12 months) = 982,800KG
Frequency on activation of heightened protein synthesis for chest = 156 + 982,800KG total yearly workload for chest.

>PPL or Upper/Lower - (2x) weekly frequency
-Flat Bench 5x5x115kg = 2875KG
Total weekly load = 19,400KG
Total monthly load = 77,600KG
Total load (6 months) = 465,600KG
Total load (12 months) = 913,200KG
Frequency on activation of heightened protein synthesis for chest = 104 + 913,200KG total yearly workload for chest.

>Bro-split - (1x) weekly frequency
-Flat Bench 5x5x115kg = 2875KG
-Decline Bench 3x10x100kg = 3000KG
-Dumb-bell Fly - 3x15x25kg = 1125KG (x2 DB's) = 2250KG
-Cable Fly- 3x15x30KG = 1130KG (x2 pulley) = 2260KG
-Pec Dec - 3x20x60KG = (Pin Loaded single stack) = 3600KG
Total weekly load = 20,810KG
Total monthly load = 83,240KG
Total load (6 months) = 499,440KG
Total load (12 months) = 998,880KG
Frequency on activation of heightened protein synthesis for chest = 52 + 998,880KG total yearly workload for chest.

Other urls found in this thread:

muscleandstrength.com/articles/protein-synthesis-muscle-growth-training-frequency
stronglifts.com/madcow/5x5_Program/Linear_5x5.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

tf that means bitch

TDLR: What does this tell us?

It tells us that regardless of what level of lifting you're at, whether it be novice or intermediate, advanced or elite; Full body > PPL/UL > Bro-split.

>explaining something in a way that only people who already know it could even begin to understand

looks like you forgot to exercise your brain

It's a comparison of how much times your chest undergoes a heightened state of protein synthesis, as well as how much total yearly workload your chest will get.

>Full Body
Heightened state of protein synthesis for chest = 156 times per year
Total workload (based on suggest lifts/numbers) = 982,800KG per year
Total exercises that stimulate chest = 2

>PPL or U/L
Heightened state of protein synthesis for chest = 104 times per year
Total workload (based on suggest lifts/numbers) 913,200KG per year
Total exercises that stimulate chest = 3

>Bro-Split
Heightened state of protein synthesis for chest = 52 times per year
Total workload (based on suggest lifts/numbers) 998,880KG per year
Total exercises that stimulate chest = 7

Even with the SAME amount of volume, you get more growth with more frequency.

Total volume is not all that matters, at all..

Check out the menno henselmans interview by jeff nippard. It is pretty much only talking about advanced natural lifters.

6x frequency got more growth than 3x frequency, got much more growth than 1x frequency, all with the same total volume

So even if 3x has slightly lower volume, it could easily result in leaa growth

What about adding weight tho?

wanna know how I know you're small as fuck?

That isn't necessary in this example. The bro-split would be getting shit on even more.

And even if it was, the results would still be the same. Full Body would end up with more total workload than PPL/UL and PPL/UL would end up with more workload than Bro-split. Due to the fact higher frequency = easier to progressively overload with adding weight to the bar.

You would end up with the exact same result again. FB > PPL/UL > Brosplit.

Wanna know how I know you do a brosplit?

Hows those 15 inch arms and 185 pound squat going for you at 6ft+ after 3 years on bro splitting going for you? kek.

who the fuck runs fullbody for a year anyways lol

ppl/ul are the way to go familia, been running my own power/hypertrophy ppl for a few months now, shits cash

Fullbody =\= novice LP routine

>who the fuck runs fullbody for a year anyways lol

I don't think you understand.

Full body has more protein synthesis uptime and total workload than a PPL or UL...

>who the fuck runs fullbody for a year anyways lol

Natural lifters who want to be strong and big.

Occasional change of pace to a U/L split is fine, too, but full-body is how most proper programming is designed for natural lifters.

You've probably heard of Alphonse Density then

so what's a good full body routine for an intermediate lifter?

I still don't understand. What am I supposed to be looking at here? I do a body part split because that's what everyone else does that I see at my gym and they're all bigger than me so I just copy them.

What is an example of a intermediate fullbody?

Been looking to change routines any how, ppl a shit

Not trying to shill Alphonse's stuff, but he has a couple of sample routines on his website outalpha dot com

Most people have been doing splits since arnold. Shit is highly suboptimal for natties

I'm coming from powerlifting, so I'd be biased towards TSA Intermediate, Texas Method, Nuckol's Free Programs, 5/3/1 Full-Body Variants, etc.

Training for "pure hypertrophy" as a natty is a bit fruitless. Go for strength, and size will follow.

should we then drop our routines and do FB with DUP or block periodization?

Popularity of the split came with the increased popularity of steroids as it is considered most efficient for enhanced lifters.

you ride the short bus don't you

Do you have any credible sources to back up your data?

Im gonna need to know what routines were used exactly before looking into this aswell

The "data" is self explanatory...

Can you do multiplication??

muscleandstrength.com/articles/protein-synthesis-muscle-growth-training-frequency

This link is a start, but the strength training community has know this stuff... forever.

Im not asking for it to be explained but rather for it to be backed up, or am i supposed to listen to all the bro science i hear daily in this shithole?

Thanks for the link, looks pretty interesting

stronglifts.com/madcow/5x5_Program/Linear_5x5.htm

You could always give it a try or look into concurrent periodisation

Pretty much all you need for the rest of your life.

For info on volume being the only deciding factor in growth, outside of frequency, check out greg cuckols strengtheory article. And peeling back a layer episodes 1 and 5.

Protein synthesis is only elevated 24-48 hours after training.

This is all the info you need

You dont know shit senpai

>Anonymous 07/18/16(Mon)13:46:09 No.37966372▶
What's best for natty then?

Literally read the thread

Don't steroids decrease recovery time though? So shouldn't they be using a higher frequency program not a lower frequency one?

Steroids don't help joints recover faster. If you lift to grow as fast as possible on roids, you could snap your shit up. These principles could still be applied successfully to a roider, i.e. Dorian yayes/ralph metzner style as opposed to arnie/zane pumpchasing.

Basically you do natty volume and frequency, just go balls to the wall with intensity, training past failure on each set

P.s. Menno henselmans' interview with jeff nippard talks about 6x frequency for natty lifters. Granted that only applies to advanced lifters, not novice or intermediate (99.99% of Veeky Forums) it was still an interesting discussion

Yeah this.
Guys who go from bitch weights or nothing to trying to lift the entire gym in short her after getting on major gear almost always fuck up their joints and ligaments.

Guys ripping their muscles muscles from their bones is the norm.