Underrated excercises thread

>he doesn't do overhead static holds with his OHP weight to train his whole body with emphasis on getting a thick core

>He doesn't dislocate his shoulder by doing this with 165lbs

No ty

Behind the back deadlifts are underrated

>managing to dislocate his shoulder with the weight he normally pushes over his head without question
????

>Holdimg it for excessive periods of time in an unstable position

Saw a dude do this with like 450 pounds recently. He was like 5'4" though so I laughed at him anyways.

Yes he does, fuckbag. Just because you only learnt about this on bb.com 5 minutes ago.

Is there any difference between this and a hack squat?

the potential to fuck your shit up is much easier

Whereas a hack squat is actually a good exercise

Proper lockout with active shoulders is a very stable position. Which is why it's possible for people to catch and hold 400+lbs like that.

If it's unstable for you your form sucks.

>If it's unstable for you your form sucks.

Prolly does, but i also have shoulder problems.

Teach me good form then, Veeky Forums senpai

Meadows rows and one armed land mine rows.

In the same vein, yoke carries, zercher yoke carried, overhead yoke carries

>crossfit plates

> seeing a woman and not automatically assuming crossfit plates

how are crossfit plates different from regular bumper plates?

>how are crossfit plates different from regular bumper plates?

Big as fuck and not colored so it's hard to tell the weight and 10lb plates look like 45's or more

why do that shit when you can overhead squat it for max core/stability gains?

>What's that?
>You say that weighted dips are bad for the shoulders?
>I'm afraid that you're wrong on two counts

>Firstly, with proper form and enough strength you can maintain the requisite scapular depression to prevent any impingement-thus preventing any injury that fools, such as yourself, seem to be so well acquainted with

>Secondly, in the age before this one (back when chivalry and masculine strength were valued traits) weighted dips were normal
>So much so that the nomenclature was different
>Back then it was simply called
>The Dips

Educate me senpai. Scapula should be held down I take it from your description,basically opposite position to top of a shrug?
Been getting shoulder pain from dips lately and I think my form must suck somehow but not sure where I'm going wrong. Don't flare elbows I know but beyond that, teach me please

I'm memeing, but at the same time it's true.

You are correct with your description of the position

Honestly, everyone is different and there are so many other variables that my advice may not even be relevant.

Example, your workout may cause certain muscles to develop more than others making it necessary to correct other exercises.

If you can do a strong L-sit you wouldn't even know that weighted dips cause the average bloke pain.

Thanks for real reply.

No problem. That's part of why I come here.

I'm also trying to meme, desu.

Does it have potential?

And the greatest bastard of them all, front yoke carries.

your meme potential is: LOW

would be a good meme if dips were already being discussed, would be sure to trigger some normies hehe XDD

The image and greentext probably should have made me realise, but I'm honestly a bit retarded guessing tone via text only, need the body language desu to get it. Maybe I'm a little bit autistic maybe you need a bit of memeing work. I am a newfag though

There are a lot of cues that it's a meme. Many reference other fit jokes. The vernacular alludes to this as well.

Being new to this board is probably why I missed the references/vernacular then

I do a lot of dips since i do calisthenics and theyre the #1 chest exercise and i can tell you this.
Do whatever is comfortable. When i try to retract or protract my scapula it always falls out of place and feels awkward. But if i let my shoulders move freely even with heavy weight i can do dips all day without any problem. Basically just experiment.
Also anothing thing i do is sort of try to go into a horizontal position as i go down.

>anothing
Meant to say another thing kek

Cheers bro, will play around with it. I remember some vid ages ago telling me to head more horizontal at the bottom for chest focus so I've generally done that but will play at different positions etc.

Love the exercise and don't want to give it up, just can get sore shoulder sometimes.

I do it with 225+ are fucking weak and/or female.

*are you

That's it?

I overhead strict press 345 x 10

>dips fedora

Faggots. I can do 1-handed The Press™ for 405x12.

Get on my level scrubs

Not an exercise but gymnastic rings.
Dont have to do crazy shit like the iron cross. Justvdo basic exercises like dips, chin ups, L-sit etc etc snd enjoy the stabilizer+strength gains. Good $20 investment imo.

its not that dangerous bro, why would you let the weight fall backwards?

Like in a front squat rack position? Zercher is harder to breathe and overhead is harder to stabilize. What's the advantage of front rack carry?

Yoke walks are my favourite event/exercise. Fucking love them.
Not done them for about 6 weeks now but my last PR was 300kg for 20m

>overhead squatting your max overhead lift
'no'
although to be fair it's not too far off

If it's unstable you're doing it wrong.

>Hack squats.

Underrated because it's a fucking fantastic supplemental exercise.
Underrated because the smug know-it-all looks people shoot you turn me on. Especially when you get past their deadlift max

You don't need the colours to see what size they are. Usually you can see it by the thickness if you aren't an idiot who lacks the ability to see and think things in 3 dimensions.

I can't seem to get dips right at all.

Every time I do them around 3 weeks in I lose power in bench press because my left shoulder starts acting weird/getting powerless.

Tried 5 times now in the last 3 years.