Be byzantine empire

>be byzantine empire
>just lost 2/3 of your land
>civil wars every 5 years
>enemies all around you
>decide to split up from normal christianity, the only people who could possibly help you, and pretty much isolate yourself

Other urls found in this thread:

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew 16:18-20
reuters.com/article/us-russia-mosque-idUSKCN0RN1UD20150923
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantine_Papacy
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donation_of_Pepin
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Might as well just say every part of the Roman Empire was retarded after reaching their peak of territory control.

Rome died the moment their ambitions and means to expand died.

Are you actually retarded?
The pope split from the church so that he wouldn't have to share power with the other patriarchs.
To do this he pulled filioque out his ass (not part of Christian tradition) to create a shitstorm and have an excuse to split. The fact that catholicism is a heresy is even more evident by the fact that in he catholic church the pope's word is given more gravity than the Gospels', and the leader of the church is the pope and not Christ.
popeboos fuck off

it really is remarkable how much bullshit the papacy has fed you over the years

The pope did nothing wrong everybody else recognized him as the supreme authority but the byzantines decided to be special snowflakes and rightfully got crusaded

t. heresy loving gre*k

Nobody recognized him as the supreme authority. He was the most influential of the patriarchs, but he had no official supremacy over them. So he decided to split off and do whatever the fuck he wanted.
>rightfully got crusaded
>t. g*rmanic
scum, fit to lick the filth from my shoes
first you destroyed rome, then christianity, then constantinople, then you ruined europe collectively time after time
you are the scum of western civilization, and i am immensely glad your daughters are getting raped by sandniggers

>calls me heretic
>worships a man over christ
quite ironic huh

>Nobody recognized him as the supreme authority
>what is the holy roman empire and everyone else in the west

calm down alexandros porkopolios just because istanbul will always be turkish and greece is a shithole now doesnt mean you have to take it out on other people

well the one that supposedly "worshiped christ" got taken over by horseniggers and the one that worshiped the big hat man went on to take over half the world, so maybe the big hat man was the right choice

Well shit, you apparently don't even know how the church works.
The reason the pope was the head of church in the west was he was head of the church of Rome you dickwad, the same way for example the patriarch of Alexandria was the head of church in Egypt. The same way the bishop of any one area is considered the representative of the church in that one area. The patriarchs themselves were all equal officially. I suggest you pay more fucking attention before you decide to make an ass out of yourself again, how about that

>my heresy was more successful than the actual religion therefore it is correct
nice mental gymnastics there heretic, too bad they won't save you from the lake of fire

Nice byzantine propaganda, the pope is god's word on earth and has always been the supreme power

Very poor example since protestants btfo catholics in relevance and success

well id choose the heresy any day if it meant not getting destroyed by some steppe niggers

you mean just england, the other protestants were irrelevant

>the pope is god's word on earth and has always been the supreme power
hmmm, that's a nice claim you have there, let's see who's the person that came up with it
oh look at that it's the pope
how convenient
are all catholics this delusional?

>implying the byzantine empire fell because of islam
the byzantine empire was destroyed because of g*rmanic savages that sacked constantinople and destroyed the empire, opening the gates for muslim invasion into europe

well lets ask the patriarch of constaninople then

oh wait he's the turk's bitch now

the words of a defeated man
run back to mummy, you're both going to hell, heretics
have fun worshiping a man over Christ

well i mean hell is probably better than being the turk's bitch

maybe they shouldve not been heretics if they didnt want to get CRUSADED?

Oh but you are my little heretic friend
Orthodox countries like Russia are free of muslim vermin, while catholic states like Italy and France are to be muslim majority countries by the end of the century
Enjoy having your daughters raped
At least they'll have a good afterli- oh, they're going to hell as well

>implying the target of the crusade was constantinople
the original target of the crusade was egypt until v*netians hijacked it to get byzantine shekels

Stop with this meme already Alexandrio, you're embarrasing yourself

>Russia
>1/4 of it are muslims and shitskins
>free of muslim vermin

relly makes you tink

>murder all catholics and venetians in your shitty city

how was i supposed to know they might retaliate?

>implying it was retaliation and not the greed of the v*netians (aka the real jews)

To begin with most muslims are in the east provinces
Also Compared to shitholes like Paris and London these areas are virtually heaven

Give a counterargument then francisco

Don't promise money if you don't have it, or else prepare for revenge. It's really simple

>mfw orthocux literally think their church is the unbroken succession despite turning their backs on the True (Oriental) Church at the dawn of Christian history

Catholics don't worship the pope, he is just the head of the religion. Which is something you would know if you had spent two seconds googling what the pope is before spouting nonsense, Fedorapoulos.

>muh Arius

> what is the holy roman empire and everyone else in the west
The holy roman empire was the main opponent of the authority of the popes they fought the investiture controversy over it the same time the byzantine empire was collapsing and the crusades were happening. Godfrey of Bouillon both fought against the pope and the Muslims in the crusades.

hey literally think that the pope's word is worth more than the testament dumbo

>ariusboo
enjoy your eternity in hell heretic

>implying you can look funny at a muslim in moscow and walk unharmed

>no historical arguments at all, just "u le heretic", "no u are le heretic" namecalling
Christfags really don't belong on Veeky Forums

The Orthodox are right for the sake of the Roman Emperors being the effective religious head of the roman christian church and the imperial court moved east. (The western emperors being subordinate to the byzantines until the fall of the western part of the empire)

The idea that the patriarch of Rome could have religious primacy or crown an emperor of the romans is revisionist bullshit.

>enemy is at the gates
>start backstabbing each other for political power
Both Rome and the Byzantines deserved to crash and burn

>state bullshit
>get btfo
>immediately backpaddle
Everytime

>keep losing battles to armies of arabs
>*uuhhh... guys...... time to smash dem icons and idols......*

But he did nothing wrong

>have been destroying catholicucks for hours now
>"HAH YOU HAD A MINOR MISTAKE BTFO"

what enemies?

How about the eternal hun?

>Russia is free of muslims
>minor mistake
Loving every laugh

all the land the germans took was sold to them by romans. No ones was even willing to fight in the army by then the chrisitan filth

>this is what blackout drunk slavic Orthocux actually believe

You mean how they sold Rome or Greece to the Visigoths?

You seem to be some sort of retard actually. The bishop of rome was the main dude and everybody knew and accepted that. It was the byzantines who said "y though" and split from the rest of the community.

that was sold too. The People who ruled the city of Rome, to this day, continued the tradition. And sold the city of Rome to the papal state. The christians are truly eternal

Compared to the rest of Europe it fucking is. The muslims are concentrated in the East, the European part is mostly free.
Moscow is 3.6% muslim, while you have shitholes like Paris at 7%, London at 12.4%, Berlin at 9.5%, Vienna at 11.6%, etc. If you think Moscow is at all comparable to these, you are delusional.

>literal microcephalic retards think the Oriental Orthodox Church didn't ENTIRELY reject Arianism

Top retard, mates, 4/10, lightly rustled.

[Source needed]

Give me a single passage in the testament that states the bishop of Rome has authority over the other patriarchs
But I guess the pope says so, and the pope's word is worth more to you than the Testament
Heretic

>25% muslim population
>ties to majority muslim ex-Soviet republics in Central Asia
>also, Chechens
>a-at least there aren't so many in Moscow
>when estimates for the muslim population of Moscow range up to 14%
Whatever helps you sleep at night

Friendly reminder that the only reason Constantinople became patriarchy is Byzantines being butthurt that imperial capital doesn't have one
Friendly reminder that since first centuries of Christianity, which we know from primary sources, Bishop of Rome was recognized as supreme authority from which saying Roma locuta, causa finita stems from
Friendly reminder that Jesus himslef chose the first Pope
Friendly reminder that the Great Schism is a fault of Eastern bishops striving for illegitimate earthly power

t. Pole

>Moscow is 3.6% muslim, while you have shitholes like Paris at 7%, London at 12.4%, Berlin at 9.5%, Vienna at 11.6%
Got any sources for that?

>>when estimates for the muslim population of Moscow range up to 14%
[citation needed]

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew 16:18-20

Peter, later on bishop of Rome, was chosen as a leader by Jesus himself.
Deal with it and stop spewing hatred.

You didn't provide any sources either, user-kun, so why should I?

wikepedia

They were already split across linguistic and cultural lines.
Moreover orthodox is the only proper way to going about christianity.

>According to the 2010 Russian census, Moscow has less than 300,000 permanent residents of Muslim background, while some estimates suggest that Moscow has around 1 million Muslim residents and up to 1.5 million more Muslim migrant workers
Maybe you should've read the wikipedia article

>Peter, an Apostle and holy man was chosen to lead the church
>That means Fransisco McNigger is infallible and the leader of all church 2000 years later
fuck off

No, Rome died with Cato the younger.
The Empire was a cultural and economic abomination that was doomed to failure from the start.
It's emperors were a succession of populists, mad men and degenerates.
The rules of lineage Europe inherited from them lead to the inbreeding of their successors.

reuters.com/article/us-russia-mosque-idUSKCN0RN1UD20150923

>putin opened biggest mosque in europe
>this shit approved on admistration level

yeah mang, and you are totally not paying for kadyrovs planes and cars just to calm down chechens cock from fucking you up for third time

russians is always so defensive, but their defence is so full of cracks it could be called a

The gospel was a book compiled by a group of church representatives before the any central church ever occurred. Not did it include every church around at the time.

*called a void

>Also, it means Fransisco McNigger's word is worth more than the Testament
>Guess what I also stop believing in the pentarchy (part of christian tradition since 6th century AD), if you don't agree Fransisco McNigger is equal to Jesus I'm out

>HAH YOU OPENED A MOSQUE THIS MEANS YOU ARE ENSLAVED BY MUSLIMS
>yeah, i am a minority in my own capital, what does that have to do with anything?
fuck off nigel

>Francisco mcNigger
For a person so preoccupied with correct form of Christianity you seem to painfully lack any self-awareness.
Was Peter Bishop of Rome? Was Rome recognized by early Christians as supreme authority?

For all intents and purposes Francisco IS a leader of a Church. And infallibility have very specific rules about it. We Catholics are pretty legalistic.
Also
>Patriarchy of Constantinople is forced to be compliant towards Turkish state
>Patriarchy of Moscow was infiltrated by KGB and to this very day is Russian state's bitch
Orthodoxy is a husk of its former self.

What the fuck are you talking about? All the germanic countries except Austria are (or were)protestant majority and the 4th crusade was led mostly by venetians and french

Nobody ever said that.
>6th century
There are letters from Church officials asking for guidance and judgement of Pope from IV century.

btfo

>implying medieval italians and french have not germanic rapebabies since the fall of the Western Roman Empire

>asking guidance and judgement means pope is the official leader of the church
fuck off

>Francisco IS a leader of a Church
francisco isn't Peter, he is a random retard chosen to serve european immigration policies
if you believe francisco is anything more than a simple man you are a heretic

I really hope that the people here are ironically shitposting, because otherwise catholics are so brainwashed holly shit its not even funny.

Lay down the fancy slogans and your pope worship, and open the bible some time.

Fuck off Constantine, I thought you finally left a year ago.

Before the Byzantine empire declined the pope was actually the Byzantines emperors bitch, see:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantine_Papacy

The pope actually became important way later, when Charlemagne became top dog in the west, and the pope decided that he was going to crown the Charlemagne emperor of the romans. There were two reasons in doing so, the first was that they could now settle the ecclesiastical wealth, estates and land with a centralised authority and clear the issues of bishop appointment (as opposed to Constantinople for example the patriarch was first approved by the Emperor). And the second was that the new Frankish emperors to ensure the loyalty of the church has set up a system of tributes and donations to the church, all the while church property went untaxed.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donation_of_Pepin

There is no biblical basis that the pope is in any way above the other patriarchs or bishops in terms of authority, he is a primus inter pares, but that is a honorific, the Catholics have completely perverted the original word Ecclesia and what it means in its original use.

>random post from Veeky Forums
Great source you have there.
None of the claims there can be proven whatsoever. No sources, no citations.

>francisco isn't Peter
Can't be denied
>he is a random retard chosen to serve european immigration policies
If you mean refugees then helping those in need is literal commandment of Christ.
>if you believe francisco is anything more than a simple man you are a heretic
>what is apostolic succesion

As for now the only thing you do is casting judgement, spewing hatred against Christians, citing random post on Veeky Forums and calling everybody a heretic. For a Christian you're full of hate, man.

>For a Christian you're full of hate, man.
God hates fags.
God hates heretics.
God hates apostates.
God hates idolaters.

There's a difference between salvific love and universal love. Learn the difference.

>VI century
Historians agree that Rome had some sort of greater authority over rest of the Church back in I century.

>There is no biblical basis that the pope is in any way above the other patriarchs or bishops in terms of authority
There is no biblical basis for patriarchy or pentarchy too but somehow it doesn't bother you. In fact first law decree concerning patriarchy was made in 6th century by Justinian I. Antioch didn't exert authority outside of Syria until end of II century. Signs of Rome's authority are older.

Quite literally the only reason Constantinople has any kind of ecclestial power was byzantine rulers.

>Rome died the moment their ambitions and means to expand died.
Expansion is what killed Rome.

I meant "concerning pentarchy"

Even if (from which btw it doesn't follow YOU should hate, since God is faaar greater than you are) then...
Mt 5, 38-48

>when you're such a shit nation a blind 90 year old kicks your ass

Thanks for proving my point, dumbass

>God hates fags.
>God hates heretics.
>God hates apostates.
>God hates idolaters.

>
Unfriendly reminder that Romanism is the greatest plague to ever happen to both Christinity and Poland
t. Pole

>Thinking convenient geography makes your faith the correct one

retard