Does Veeky Forums stretch before working out? I personally dont

Does Veeky Forums stretch before working out? I personally dont.

Dynamic stretches before, static stretches after. Feels good man

I foam roll, shits great at isolating large muscles and getting the blood flowing.

I do moderate stretching before any work out. And extra stretching before running.

This is now a prikker thread

How do you use a foam roller? Heard of it. Never used it.

stretching is a meme

I fucked up my lower back during dead lifts (lock out with back instead of hamstrings) Stretching my hip flexors helped me.

i just start light with nice slow and concentrated reps before i move to heavy

haven't gotten injured yet (thank God)

Yes because I can usually get better form on squats and deads with some stretching. Maybe this is just a temporary fix for some kind of long term problem with weak hamstrings or pelvis angle or something.

For sure.

Light stretching and movement before a workout. Light stretching and movement after a workout.

I like to foam roll my legs out before squats and deads but I only stretch afterwards.

Like?

mobility/dynamic stretches yeah. se sort of shit I'd do before martial arts

I just work up to my working sets instead of stretching, that's all you need imo desu

just bought a stretching course from gmb.
>I can feel the stretch gains coming slowly
>want that to be really flexible
>hips
>for becoming a sex machine
>and to kick people in the face

walk/row for about 5 mins then walking lunges with body weight for leg days. Then 3 warm up sets, just quick 5 reps, add weight to get full ROM.

Desk jockey so need to get some blood flowing and take a bit longer before I lift.

Starting to do post work out stretches again as lost mobility from skipping them last couple of months

I roll my left hip when my squat stance is too wide and it causes pain.

I don't do any stretching before a workout, but I do warmup sets, which I seem to not see anyone else do. Does nobody else do a low weight set before their main sets to get the blood flowing? The fuck?

Also, I stretch like a madman afterwards. Can't do manual labor while sore as fuck.

Nah I warm up set, I am paranoid for injuries so take warm up seriously. Gym bro of mine doesn't believe in it and constantly gives me shit, he works manual labour though and also has had injuries this year so I figure I'm not wrong to keep doing it despite the heckle

I have never been flexible. Haven't touched my toes since I was a kid. So I was glad to hear that Mehdi from SL doesn't either. I just start with the bar and then progress to my weight doing fewer reps. I actually have nothing against stretching and kind of want to be more flexible, but I haven't done anything about it lately. I tried a few years ago to try to touch my toes at the end of every shower and over months I saw zero improvement so I just gave up.

This right here. I do warm-up sets for the first excessive of each muscle group that I'm doing. Usually I'll warm up with a weight that I can lift about 12-15 reps of for 2-3 sets and then go into the working sets. If I'm doing chest or shoulders I'll go through a brief routine with some 5lb weights to warm up each head of the shoulder and my rotator cuff. Them I move into my warm up sets.