General Bulking Questions

I read the sticky. But i dont think it covered me.
It sais that you need to eat heavy to become big , lifting just determines which % of it goes to muscle/fat.

Have been doing lifts for 10 months but my progress (visual) is considered as a 4-5 months one. Probably havent been eating more.

I'm afraid to eat lots because when i was younger I was fat, and Im afraid of going back to that.

How do I overrun this fear of getting fat?

Is it worth to just eat more without measuring (just to satisfy my hunger) when bulking ?
I ll be eating clean.

Counting your calories is crucial. If you measure your TDEE accurately, gym consistently, weigh your food out and count macros with accuracy, you 100% will not get fat by eating +250 or +500.

You risk getting fat/not eating enough by just trying to wing it and guesstimate your calories

This is what I came here to ask. I'm a 5'4 womanlet who used to weigh 150 pounds but through diet and cardio I got down to 120 pounds. I want to start lifting and gaining muscle but I can't bring myself to bulk because it feels so fucking counter intuitive after putting so much effort into losing weight.
I know I can't eat salad all the time but Goddamnit the mental aspect seems insurmountable.
Also, I'm presently on a body weight, dumbbell, and resistance band routine.
Thanks for the thread, OP.

I was thinking of going on a 6 month +500 kcal (gradually +100/week and then maintaining it there)
I was thinking of just counting my protein nutrition and making sure i eat lots of carb morning/midday.
This plan seems bad to you m8 ?

btw OP here

Yes that's a bad plan. You need to read a lot of information about nutrition.

Just learn some measures for common carbs, a normal slice of bread, a cup of rice or normal potatoes. It's easier then as you can oddball your carbs way easier. You do have to count protein more strictly tho.

That's what I did at first. Not a bad concept if you don't give a fuck about how much fat you gain in that time. You will be dirty bulking if you don't count your macros aside from protein.

Thanks mate. Ill probably have to make 3 day feeding plans and probably do them on loop. Cheat meal once every weak ?

Isn't it the fastest / best option to create muscle ? Thats what I ve heard.
Also how much time would that fat of a 6 months dirty bulking need to be burned of during cut ?

The more you cheat, the more you hinder your results. Just cut that shit out entirely. You've been a fat fuck for years, you can abstain for several months. I've been there.

Yes, being in an extreme calorie surplus and eating a shitton of carbs around your workout will give you the most muscle gain and the most energy during workouts BUT you cannot say how long that fat you accumulate in 6 months eating like this will result in. Just think about it. You can easily chow down 3500 calories a day if you eat 6 times a day and most of it is calorie dense food. Now if your daily calrorie need is like 2000 you'd be in a 1500 daily surplus for 6 months that accumilates to 270'000 excess calories. You'll be able to put on about 5-7 pounds of muscle in 6 months. since 1 pound of muscle is about 2500 calories (of protein) and 1 pound of fat is about 3500 calories. 17500 calories will thus be used for muscle building. The rest is theoretically 72lbs of fat gain. Now sure it might not turn out this extreme but you can see by the estimated numbers it could get pretty bad and it will take you more time to lose it than it took you to gain it.

What if I'm skinny and I just want functional strength and I don't want to get fat? Can I just exercise while eating my TDEE and make lean functional gains? (Real question, please no hate).

OP here
You guys make so much sense. I guess i ll pay a visit to my dietologist aunt to make a good plan according to my cooking skills.

Tell me if this is how it works

>calc TDEE
>eat about 500 cals more than that, clean foods with a focus on lots of protein and fiber, carbs and healthy fats in that order
>work out daily save for rest day
>don't cheat

and this will give me gains?
as opposed to what I'm doing now
>eating under TDEE
>working out
>eating lots of salads, not much meat

Is this correct?

yes.
a) you re eating low
b) not only that, you re mostly eating salads and low meat, meaning u probably dont even reach the maintining amount of protein.

If by gains you mean build muscle you need to start adding more calories to your diet (+100 per week untl yo ureach +300/+500kcals). also 2x your kg protein.

If you wanna try to have clean bulk. Try carbs only morning/noon (2,5-3,5g/kg). and +300 kcal at max).

thanks faggot i'll try this

AYOOO wait a minute
Do I have to have fat on my body to be able to gain muscle? Like do I need fat to convert to muscle?

You need to have fat on your body to get a gf.

I'm a girl and I have a bf. I want muscles.

Idk i wasnt sure if your post was a bait or no

No u dont need fat to gain muscle.
But by getting muscle ( not just the simple beginner shiet, im talking about kinda advanced level) u ll also get fat.
You eat more calories than u need to make muscle, some % of them goes to become muscle, prob more than 50%, other goes to become fat.

is aiming for a 15 pound gain in weight a reasonable pace for 5 months? planning on starting a bulk in august to run until the ned of the year. ive been 155 for the pat 1.5 years (despite getting alot stronger) and im sick and tired of being this size.