Stoopid questions that don't need their own thread because they're fucking stupid

guise!

Is it OK for me to do Westside For Skinny Bastards if my lifts aren't even at an intermediate level?

I started fucking around with weights a few years ago and I saw acceptable results in that I went from being a total skeleton to a fairly athletic yet skinny dude.

Since I'm doing sports and the like, I figure the best I can do is a program meant for athletes looking to put on size like Westside For Skinny Bastards, but last time I was lifting weights with regularity I think my squat was at around 175lbs and something like 165lbs on the bench (for five reps because SS), officially putting me in the category of "strong for a girl", but as a 185lbs guy, I reckon that's a really weak lift.

While Westside is a routine that fits my goals pretty well since I do sports and shit, I'm not sure how much my main lifts will improve from a routine that includes a lot of unorthodox movements, and if I'll still make good muscle and strength gains even if I'm not squatting and deadlifting as often as I was when doing Starting Strength.

I have a hard time increasing my lifts as well, so I'm very confuse as to what I should do. Please help?

Also Stupid Questions thread

Perhaps.

Thank you, I will consider this.

Eat more protein, and then do whatever the hell you want

Do SS, Westside is a total waste of time and may actually impede progress for someone your level.

Maybe, roll again

Really? This is the first time I hear a negative thing about Westside, and I thought it was pretty much the go-to for aspiring athletes.

What is muscle in pic related called?
I've been lifting for a while and have some good biceps but the rest of my arm looks like a rooster leg.
How do I work out this front half of my arm? Why does everyone else not have disproportionate biceps?
>i know this is a really stupid question but I actually don't know/understand

I believe that's the flexor pollicis longus. Anything that improves your grip will make your forearms get bigger. Also, it's my theory it's the first muscle people develop body dysmorphia on. You can never have forearms too big, but yours are probably fine and you just look silly when you look at them from a certain angle.

that muscle bends your hand in direction of the thumb

Is there such a thing as "pushing through" a plateau, or is it better to change routines as soon as you see you're not adding weight to your main lifts every other week?

Have another one

Hamour cearls.

And more

Do hammer curls you dolt.

This. Power Cleans trains your explosiveness which should have a big carryover to sports.

Do the program as written. Don't do the barbell rows. If you are, you're not doing SS.

If it's a real plateau and not just a one or two time stall, you can't really push through it unless there was a form, sleep or recovery issue. You simply lack the strength or you're in a overtrained state. Depending on your program, you should have some sort of deload or tamper off period that fixes this issue.

SS tells you to remove 10% and start over, i.e. deloading, giving you an easier time to recover and manage your fatigue. It's not that you get much stronger when you deload, since you're actually lifting less, and with the same volume, it's just that you have increased weight for so long that your body can't recover quickly enough and your fatigue has surpassed fitness levels.

That's how most novice programs deals with it. Intermediate program either has linear periodiziation which includes deloads, or just a reduction of volume like TM (makes you switch from 3x5 to 3x2 to 2x3 to 4x1 and then start over).

tl;dr it depends on your level and the program you're doing.

Top is better desu

I've been told palm down curls can grow forearms

I love you, thanks bro.

What is Veeky Forums's problem with buff dudes?

Is there a way to predict what my abs with look like by feeling them or a certain pose or something? My top four are starting to show but I can't tell if the fat pockets are making them look horrible or if I'll have weird looking abs and if I keep cutting. Would rather not cut for shitty abs

TLDR; would rather be slightly fat than have weird looking chiseled abs, how to know what they will look like in the end

Do low bar squats activate the lower back muscles more? I've been using low bar instead of high this week, and it feels natural, but my lower back has been well sore after the workout.

Help fit

Do Bulgarian first (maybe I have the name wrong) anyway pick a weight you can do 6 sets of 2 at and do the following weekly:
6x2
6x3
6x2
6x4
6x2
6x5
6x2
6x6
Currently on Westside but I don't think it's a great solution until you're stronger and have specific weaknesses that need fine tuned. The 2s every other week you should be able to go heavier. By the end you should be able to do 6x6 at a weight you struggled with for twos

I am getting back to it after too long (years). Found I can't squat since I can't put my arms back enough to get to the bar. I don't know when it happened, but it feel it in my chest whenever I try to put my arms back. Should I be looking to yoga?

Skinny '5 "9 manlet with strangely muscular thighs and abs. I want to get chest definition, bigger calves and bulk up my arms. What can I do at home with limited weights? I am plenty strong but I want to look better without a shirt, so aesthetic is key.

Copied from old stupid questions thread.