Gonna start lifting soon again. Previously been doing boxing for a couple of years

Gonna start lifting soon again. Previously been doing boxing for a couple of years.

Im curious is SS or 5x5 still the most valid for newbs to gain strength?

Pretty much.
All beginner strength routines follow a very similar approach so just pick one and run with it. It doesn't make a difference which you do.

no take mine

AxBxAxxBxAxBxx

A
3x5 Squat
3x5 OHP
1x5 Deadlift
3x12-20 Curls

B
3x5 Squat
3x5 Bench
3xF ChinUps

then again, this is almost the original SS with more deadlifts instead of powercleans, no back extensions because cmon: glutes get enough work from squats, and some hypertrophy curls

oh, and do some bodyweight ab work on B
maybe leg raises or sit ups 3xF

SS is still the best. not just because the routine is the most efficient, but more than anything because the book is so good. lifting is a lot more than just going to the gym and doing some exercises for a certain number of sets/reps. reading SS is an excellent way to learn how to train effectively. just doing SS (the routine) without reading the book will lead to mediocre results.

>reading SS is an excellent way to learn how to train effectively
this exept highbar > lowbar

and SS also explains in detail why this poster is wrong

>does boxing for a couple of years
>needs to ask about Starting Strength

yeah I smell bullshit

why do you gotta lie on an anonymous Vietnamese cat food image board??

did you read it? it's all about muh hamstring work
fuck hamstrings
>able to squat deeper highbar
>able to achieve required depth without shoving knees out like a retard
look at vids of rip coaching lowbar, they all buttwink when at good depth so he makes them stop earlier

Lying how? Started lifting when I was about 17-18 years old. Never took it really serious just followed the SS routine. Quit lifting when I were 19. Started boxing instead and have been doing it since. Im 24 now.

so you box, which regularly utilizes free weights, powerlifting and full body exercises, but then come on to a Cambodian childrens' skull trading image board to ask advice on the world's most basic lifts hoping for "noob gains"

Unless of course by "boxing" you mean you've practice the intimate art of unboxing your collectible waifus, in which case congrats user, admitting you're a faggot is the first step!

>which regularly utilizes free weights, powerlifting and full body exercises.

No. Unfortunately we don't do that where we train. Our training mostly contain cardio or training with our own bodyweight.
However you seem to know more about my training than I do. w/e

lol cuz I actually box nigger, you punching a bag for 15 minutes don't count

Good for you champ.

Have it ever occurred to you that different gym's train different?
Punching a bag for 15 minutes don't count? What doesn't it it count for?

you being a "boxer" faggot

and if you don't train right what the fuck is even the point? you're gonna get you shit pushed in and you still look like a DYEL faggot with OR without a shirt on.

might as well get gyno and start passing yourself off as a bulldyke you little cuck

It do count, cunt.

Im moving away from boxing fyi to start lifting instead. That was the point with starting this topic. Regarding if SS or 5x5 is the best option.
However with a brain like a wettex swab like yours it might be hard to understand.
Anyway champ, swim safe with your hentai pillows.

You're actually retarded.

OH MY GOD SO MANY (You) IN ONE THREAD

lol later faggots, the gf just got home from running and we're gonna go get drunk at the pool now

Come back when you can 1/2/3/4 faggots

Oh and seriously, all your questions wouldve been answered if YOU READ THE STICKY like everyone constantly says over and over and over...

lol but that's why I'm the retard trying to prove myself to strangers on an online Laotian fur trading image board, right?? OH WAIT THATS YOU OP

>OP is a faggot

>gf
Kek. Enjoy your gains goblin homo