For people who quit "junk food"*/unhealthy eating: what motivated you to quit...

for people who quit "junk food"*/unhealthy eating: what motivated you to quit? how did you get educated about healthy eating? what challenges did you face?

for people who are trying to eat healthier but still have trouble: what's preventing you from changing?

and for people who know unhealthy eaters: what are their habits? why are they not changing? what are their perceptions about food?

*i know, no food is bad, iifym, but y'know

I just got tired of it

The only junk food I regularly ate was soda and I decided to quit cause I noticed I felt really crap after having it
Like headaches and stomach aches

My GF of five years left me. I had put on about 40 pounds during that time, hadn't been to a gym in months, etc. She didn't specifically say that was the reason but I'm sure it didn't help.

I was at the gym literally less than 30 minutes after she left, and stopped using soda cold turkey. That was almost a year ago. I'm down 55 pounds, going to hit 5-10 more and then start a bulk.

Best friend dragged my ass out to a gym and explained some things about nutrition as we progressed
Dad suddenly had a stroke about two months later and was diagnosed with type two beetus, hospital and in-home care service provided us with qt nutritonists who helped me really get grounded in the basics
From there it's been lots of reading and finding shit that works
My motivation obviously is not having my dad die from some bullshit that could be prevented with a good diet and for me to not meet the same fate, mortality is always a great way to light a fire under your ass
That and one can't meet their fitness goals on a shit diet, it's such an important part of the gainz equation

I quit junk food after getting into TDEE, nutrition facts etc

After a week or two with little to no sugar/frozen pizza and that kind of shit everything started tasting better, including whatever junk food I end up eating once or twice a week

I have eaten autistically """clean""" before. Only lean meats, veggies, and nuts.

It was useful at the time...

But now my favorite health food is potato chips
>dem healthy carbs
>dat ratio of mufas to sat fats to pufas
>dat potassium content
>dat sodium content

I still avoid shitty foods that have trans fats, hydrogenated fats, and too much sodium/too little other electrolytes. But you would be surprised how much "junk" food can be healthy.

As a general rule: if you feel hungry in a deficit, your nutrition is off. Last night my nutrition was so on point, i felt satiated on a 1,400kcal deficit. Which is absurdly higher than my goal of 850kcal deficit

>everything started tasting better
man what's up with this? the first time i went from eating ramen and paninis every day to "normal"-ish eating i started liking so many foods i hated (mushrooms, avocado, fish...)

the second time, when i went on an extreme cut for two months and ate squeaky "clean" now everything tastes fucking magical, from plain rice to apples (and actual sweets taste even sweeter). i can even eat just a hardass raw brussel sprout and it doesn't even taste half bad

i'm trying to look for a peer-reviewed article on this phenomenon but i can't find anything

by "cleaning up your diet" i think, for most people, it's cutting out a lot of simple carbohydrates and sucrose; just by virtue of eating too much of it

I felt like shit after eating crap/junk food often so I reduced it down to once every week or two.
I spent few days googling about nutrition and metabolism even though I knew the basics
already(not a murrican) to get a solid base i can work on, afterwards I started running and
eventually lifting since my energy returned to normal levels and I craved activity.
Biggest challenge was(and still is)
avoiding eating shit when I'm out with someone, I either just get a drink(though rarely) or pig out
with them but plan my macros around it.

I don't eat it simply because it tastes absolutely awful and I would feel like a pig stuffing my body with this garbage. So no problems not eating that shit.

>be me, two years ago, standard issue neckbeard, 350+ lbs.
>lifted 3x/week for about a month.
>eating at about a 200 calorie deficit
>sick calf gains
>sweat a lot during workouts. Drink lots of water to replace
>quality of sweat improved. What was previously some neckbeard-tier BO was now a clean musky scent
>got high one day and went on a munchies run
>looked at all the junk food at wal-mart and realized that I just didn't want any of this crap anymore

Let me emphasize that last point...

>be me, HIGH AS FUCK and not having eaten, in a fucking grocery store! I just didn't want any of the crap I used to shovel down my neckhole.

>only remaining weaknesses are ice cream and soda
>cut soda from about 1 liter/day to about 1 liter/month
>began to work out in a fasted state
>2 workouts a day on MWF, first one is fasted, light lunch of a couple of eggs or some bread, followed by second workout
>normal meal for dinner
>drink assloads of water all day
>eat a pint of ice cream on work out days
>still maintain deficit

The obvious secret is you can be a fattie and miss meals. Between the fat stores and whatever crap I ate the night before there's enough in my system for my body to meet it's needs. I get a slight hunger pang when I warm up which goes away quickly and really doesn't come back until after my second workout.

Lift! It's like percussive maintenance for your GI tract.

I used to eat nothing but tv dinner kind of meals, chips and high-calorie stuff like that. Let's just say that until my mid-twenties I had the palate of 12-year-old, the food was cheap, and I didn't want to go out anyway, the Internet seemed more rewarding and interesting.

Now that I live in the city and have to walk everywhere, it's more difficult and expensive to eat like a peasant, and being obese is a pain when you don't sit at home all day.

The biggest challenge was/is the fact that eating junk food remains the easiest, fastest and cheapest way to eat. By eating just pasta and ground beef you can live on a dollar a day and spend less than a minute cooking (per meal).

All this food talk is making me hungry, I'm gonna cook some steaks.

I quit drinking soda on a regular basis because I noticed I was addicted to the sugar and it didn't taste good.. Also, if you gourge yourself on junk food every day it loses the taste. Better to have junk food every once in a while and enjoy the taste on a rare occasion.

No motivation needed. I'm from Eastern Europe so I grew up eating real food. Junk food tastes like shit to me and I can only eat it when I'm drunk.

I'm no expert, but when I actually went shopping with the intent on looking for healthy stuff. That kinda puts ideas into your head. Also, try counting calories, it really puts it into perspective when realize something as simple as french fries can be so unhealthy.

I would eat junk food so much that home cooked meals became my new dessert.
I can't stand junk food now.

Is your webm not motivation enough? I'm getting sick just watching it.

Yeah... I can't look at french fries anymore without seeing that fucking face. Well, at least barfing from the imagery will help.

does this help?

I try to eat healthier and am generally OK with it when I have time to cook. I'd never give up shit food completely, I'd rather fucking kill myself

ye

I hate what I'm watching, but I can't look away- she's eating like a pig eating a cookie. SMACK SMACK SMACK SNORT SMACK SNORT
SMACK.

Gonna run away from this bitch now.