ITT: justify Roosevelt's internment of Japanese Americans after Pearl Harbor

ITT: justify Roosevelt's internment of Japanese Americans after Pearl Harbor.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niihau_incident
youtu.be/F9HT4fQWtdg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There is no justification, I will admit the man was flawed and this is one of his biggest flaws(another easy to point out flaw was not supporting an ant-lynching law), but it does not undo all the good he did to fix the depression

Nips attacked Americans and aren't European descent. All the justification I need

>The incident and the actions of Nishikaichi's abettors demonstrated the potential for racial or ethnic allegiance to overwhelm national allegiance. This ultimately may have influenced Franklin D. Roosevelt's decision to intern Japanese Americans during World War II.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niihau_incident

Like not fixing it until WW2 started?

I can't

Japs are japs even with american citienship

The Japs in America were safer segregated in their own camps far from the white population than if they had been left on their own in the general population. Mob violence and riots in Los Angeles and the rest of California by whites against the Japanese would have been massive as the war dragged on. They even rioted against Hispanic Americans during the war (Zoot suit) and they weren't even at war with them.

Call it protective security. End of debate

how about confiscating and then selling all their property without compensation until 20 years after the war.

There were no Japanese American attacks on the American people or war effort because they were all in camps.

Their confiscated property was often purchased by blacks and other deserving minorities so it was a form of wealth redistribution that benefited underprivileged people of color.

what about the ones in the military

Why are white americans so mentally deranged?

It's a by-product of nationalism indoctrination

It worked.

>poles genocide krauts
>nips genocide chinks
>slavs genocide themselves
>americans send a couple thousand sushi chefs to free summer camps

I don't see the problem here

japs get clapped niqqa

Blast them japs vlean off the map

Poles genocide krauts?
mistype or stormfag?

Environmental factors.

>justify Roosevelt's internment of Japanese Americans after Pearl Harbor.
>Apply modern morality to the past

When will this meme die?

Might have been better to let them be free but keep a real fucking hardcore eye on them. More so than the rest of the population (Except for recent immigrant Germans).

Liberals would still bitch about that historically, because clearly if you're at war with Japan naturally the Guatamalan-Americans and Mexican-Americans and Arab-Americans and IRish Americans are just as likely to house fucking spies for the Japanese as the Japanese-Americans.

This. I'm OP how do I delet thread

>ITT: justify Roosevelt's internment of Japanese Americans after Pearl Harbor.
It was security theater, placating all the terrified country hoohaws and buck toothed yokels who needed a scapegoat

sorry but I'm not /pol/

go there for justification

George Takei said Trump is worse so it must have been okay

It prevented hysteria directed against Japanese. Being racist or borderline racist themselves, the US government was well aware of how people would behave and plugged this insight into the equation.

It is less to do with different moral standards and more our modern reluctance to "go there".

Yeah its sad
They couldve made those camp a tad bit nicer

They lost all their wealth, possessions and property.

It was pure hysteria on the governments part and caving into it.

Settler mentality bring strengthened by war fevor

Most japanese were born in America for the majority and a ton were English only . The Japan born ones were older and not there when the empire hardon ramped up

Hawaii Japanese didn't get round up though.

Pearl Harbor.

running out of new land is a big part of it

This post gave me cancer

He could have also killed them. How do you feel now? Pretty nice guy, right?

Retard

Have a large "fresh of the boat" population with whose homeland you're at war and see if you won't get all paranoid and monitor that population

But aren't people good deep doen in their cores?
I always thought japanese were those guys with eternal smiles

Cuts down on espionage and sabotage. Even if the Jap Americans wouldn’t do anything having Jap Americans walking around makes it easier for spies to blend in.

>japs shouldn't have been sent to camps because while they were in the camps no sabotage or attacks were carried out

>fix the depression

any evidence for that, or do you just swallow political propaganda hook, line and sinker?

how would a white american spy blend in with japanese people?

It was necessary.
They effectively eliminated any threat from espionage and sabotage

It is justified because they are the enemy, and already killed/invaded countless across Asia?

"Prevented" is hardly the right word. Racism and distrust soared against Japanese after the PH attack.

It probably wasn't necessary, it's more reflective of the hysteria following the attack on pearl harbor and the prevailing prejudices than a calm and calculated policy of strategic defense

The only thing it justifies is shooting the Jew traitor FDR in the back of the head like the tyrant he is.

It was pretty fucking dumb and anyone here to claims it worked or they deserved it should know they just let Uncle Sam fuck American citizens in the ass and cheered it on. The legal precedent this set is disastrous.

>The legal precedent this set is disastrous.
It didn't really set a legal precedent since the court would rule it unconstitutional after the fact. Presidents in wartime always have exceptional power than in peacetime. You could see the same thing in WW1, the courts chose for the most part not to challenge constitutionally dubious procedures until the war was practically over.

>""""American citizens""""

>t. Amerimutt descending from at least one country the US went to war with
American citizenship is not ethnic in character.

>fix the depression
youtu.be/F9HT4fQWtdg

There was a real American Nazi movement from non Germans at one time, so a pro Japan movement from Japanese nationals is sort of logical.

one of the primary concerns was arson in California, which you know, is on fire as we speak. It wouldn't take that many radical nips to burn up a whole lot of war industry. and people too I guess.

its not like we gassed them.

The Japanese were blatantly recruiting Japanese Americans to be spies and whatnot. Mind you, it didn't work worth shit, but if you didn't know any better one would get the impression that there was a sizeable fifth column in the US.

Also, many countries in Europe did have German fifth columnists, which probably fueled such fears in America.

>so a pro Japan movement from Japanese nationals is sort of logical.

Not even. The level of disconnect from Japan and it's diaspora is very big (also language barrier).

>prager U

>poles genocide krauts

Japanese flourished in the camps and avoided the inevitable mob violence they would have been subjected to in the real world. Compare their treatment to the death camps American civilians experienced at the hands of the Japanese.

>Japanese flourished in the camps

Having your life put on hold for several years is not "flourishing"

Probably better than getting beaten to death in the suburbs

No.

the expressions better safe than sorry and hindsight is 20/20 both apply to what you said

Germans declared war on the United States. Let's intern all German-Americans, our largest ethnic population. All the justification I need.

Very flexible.

fpbp

Let's also mention that in Hawaii Japanese were ignored because they formed such a large % of people.

This policy was based off complete nonsense.

nationalism

USA could became country with "Holacaust of Japanese" after Axis victory.