Where my scoliosis bros at?

Where my scoliosis bros at?

>Got call for x-ray results for shoulder pain
>explained prior that I've already been examined for scoliosis and have a minor curve of 20 degrees for both upper and lower which isn't considered severe
>they wanna check anyways to be sure
>Makes sense, good to be thorough
>Back to results, says I have curve of 10 degrees lower and 33 upper
>Either my spine has dramatically changed over a few months or one healthcare professional is fucking up big time

Now I have to wait before I can lift again and I finally got to 3pl8 diddy

pls bro's :(

30 degree lumbar and 16 degree thoracic. But that was when I was like 320lbs. 6"2' Used to be 410lbs and I was told losing weight would make my back pain go away. I lost weight too fast causing my muscles to be too lose so my spine kind collapsed a bit and the pain was just as bad. Now 265lb and a LOT less pain after lots of dumbbell and core exercises.

I don't think I'll ever do really heavy weights out of fear of snap city. Such is life.

JUST my spine up, familia. I had fusion surgery in high school. I stil lift, but I don't do squats.

I've got pretty significant curvature 25-30 degrees I belive and I squat and deadlift heavy multiple times a week. I've never had a problem lifting because of my scoliosis

Lifting actually helped me with my scoliosis. Bigger and stronger back muscles compensated for the imbalance and now it's hardly visible in a photo.

I discovered I had this when I was 15, lumbar iirc, around 16 degrees deviation but actually dropped to around 11 after a couple of years and stayed there. No back problems whatsoever, I can currently lift 3.5 plate diddly for many singles.

a lot of the time they do the angles manually/visually by drawing lines over a digital image of your x ray on a computer, it can vary somewhat.
I suggest everyone with scoliosis to look into the schroth method therapy. its old shit, but if you can find a legit practitioner, it can work wonders. I've been meaning to get around to doing it for a while now.
Also, a good massage therapist/ myofacial release practitioner can work wonders. I went to a legit guy a few times, and could feel positive changes in my posture and gait, even breathing after a few sessions. but you need to find a legit guy, not one of those chain places. I usually find people through family of people in my community who know a guy who knows a guy.

And I can deadlift 425 and squat 330

>Want to join AF
>Find out back is between 9 and 15 degrees
Am I fucked for life?

a heel lift helped me a lot. if your hips are off-kilter then it'll likely help you as well. either one of my legs is a cm or so short, or my psoas is too tight. but i think the latter is caused by the former

Right here bruh.

I'm fine most of the time, but every now and then I'll tweak my back and be in serious pain for 1-2 days. I'm going to be a terrible old person

I havent been to a doctor since college so I dont know what it is now, but it was upper less than 20%. The kind where one shoulder is a little higher than the other and when you touch your toes your entire ribcage twists to make a hump.
But lifting has helped. I pop 2 aleve every day and its been hard to figure out what pain is my back and what is bad form, but my posture is so much better 2 months into lifting.

You should stretch every muscle after working out if you don't already. Chiropractor is a great idea as well.

>retard lifting hard instead of doing stretching routines for a month or two
I stopped all lifting and did stretching for about 4 months to heal herniated disc

That for both lumbar and thoracic? Honestly only my thoracic is kinda high, assuming the 30 degrees is correct. It just seems to fuck with my shoulder but no doctor I've been can explain why, they all say that it's not close enough to do anything but it's the only possible reason why. But if you can do that with 30 degrees thats damn impressive brah, you're gonna make it

I know that feel famalam, some days I can't sleep cause the space between my spine and shoulder hurts so much, then it'll just click and be ok for a few days

Honestly cant remember where my curve is I have basically ignored it since I was diagnosed with it and that was 5 or 6 years ago

Never caused you problems to begin with?

>Schroth method

Will check out, thanks user

I used to have back pain just doing normal shit and I ended up going to a pt for a month or two. It never ended up helping, I picked up powerlifting shortly after and that pretty much ended any problems I had before I think the increased muscle mass really helped.

Also look up Lamar Gant, a world record deadlifter with incredibly fucked up scoliosis ten times worse than mine. If you love lifting scoliosis shouldn't stop you from squatting and deadlifting just listen to your body and train accordingly

Yeah lifting has helped a ton with lower back pain, pretty much eliminated it, I mostly train back. It's just my shoulder blade and upper back that's been fucked and doctors can't figure it out, lifting helps temporarily but I haven't found a proper fix. Maybe I just need to keep going

Yeah, I had this weird pain in my left hip when squatting heavy. Kept thinking I needed to roll it out, which helped but didn't work very well. I didn't realize until the first time I tried sumo deadlift that its because my right leaning scoliosis didn't like my left side having a wide outwardly rotated stance.

I always thought listening to your body was dumb, but after losing 2 weeks of progress I will never forget.

I just looked up lamar grant, mirin his back even with the curve holy fuck

Pretty sure I have scoliosis, too scared to have it checked out. I guess I can't be stupid forever though.

Here.
I started having back pains about 3 years ago and only recently went for a scan. Think I got scammed by the doctor as he only wrote down that I have minor scoliosis after the x-ray. I don't have all the specific details like the degrees and whatnot and the doctor who did the scan didn't even consult me after; I got the result from the receptionist.
Think I'll have to get another scan and not get conned this time. At least my company paid for it.

Get it checked, if it isn't giving you shit though that's a blessing. But good to catch it before it gets bad at an older age

If you don't already have insurance get one first. So you're covered if you need to fork out money in the future.

Yeah it took me a few visits to get a good examination and a proper scan

Squatting and deadlifting both piss off my lower back, at the hip/spine area. Often times it just feels a little pissed off, even when inactive.
Had it checked in a routine checkup a few months ago, and after a quick look the doctor said I was good.
The area there feels unstable too. Shouldn't have been a NEET doing nothing but sitting in a chair with poor posture for years.

>at the hip/spine area
On the left side*

>CHECKIN IN

I tried to progress on the no no lift (OHP) and really snapped my shit when I got to 100+. Never OHP now but still have some lingering nerve pain from the snappening.

Overall lifting has revolutionized my life, reducing my chronic pain and basically aleviating my angel wings

Yeah sometimes I wonder if it's my fault for slouching playing videogames so much as akid, or if I can blame genetics. Either way I'm sad casue either I fucked up or because I got delt a shitty hand. Hopefully I get a good fucking doctor

>TFW had two curves, bottom one 75 degrees, top one 69
>Spine had also started twisting, causing my rib cage to make a hump on my back
>Got full spinal fusion surgery at 15 and can't bend from the torso at all

At least I have impeccable planking and push up form. And I grew 4 inches after the op.

yesterday when I was walking with my aunt she dropped something and I kept walking

She noticed my right shoulder dips lower then my right

no i' fucking terrified I have this

what precautions should I take? I dont want to go to a doctor. Is there some self identifying technique to know if I have it or not?

There's a test where you bend over at the waist shirtless while someone observes your spine. I forgot the name but it's on the Wikipedia page for scoliosis.

my doctor did this to me when I would go in for physicals all throughout high school so he would have found it back i guess
unless i just developed it within the past 4 years

Got diagnosed with scoliosis about three years ago and my doctor told me it wasn't significant as it's barely visible. I started having more back issues a year ago and went to the hospital for an x-ray and later for an MRI. Upper curve is apparently around 48 degrees, don't know about the lower curve. My orthopedist basicly told me I'm still able to do anything in the gym as long as I listen to my body.
I think lifting actually helped me with the pain. The most important thing for me is that I pay a lot of attention to using my core during lifts that load the back. My squat and deadlift are still lacking, but I'm confident I'll improve. Pic related is my xray.

I still fear going for the classic barbell lifts, in case they fuck my back up.
But increasing muscle mass is the only legit remedy that can stop it progressing (*yes, scoliosis progresses even after puberty) and lessen pain

Stiff-legged blow job

That looks bad.
I'd go to a physical therapist asap. They can teach you posture and all kind of exercises to help with stability and strength.
Mine is not even close to being as bad as yours yet I was in incredible pain after a few hours of standing. It was hard for me to even go out. And it gets worse with aging. You'll probably need exercises to strengthen your core. They helped a lot for me.

Were the posture exercises or lifting that helped you the most?

Actually managed to dig up the pictures, the "before" pic is tiny cos my mum took it on her shit phone, so apologies.

Don't let this happen to you, anons.

I am now Robocop.