My parents told me today that my three year old brother was diagnosed with Autism a year ago...

My parents told me today that my three year old brother was diagnosed with Autism a year ago. What does this mean exactly? He seemed normal to me. I'm so pissed off, this is fucked

Also realize now I have to step it up again so I can look out for my brother. I dropped out of uni and went traveling and I figured my little brother was going to be able to bring honor to the family instead of me but that's changed

Other urls found in this thread:

autistichoya.com/2011/11/disability-is-social-construct.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>little bro has autism
>seems normal to me

He will be among us any day now.

I actually just did an online test for autism and I got this. If I have autism and he has the same autism as me then that is a good thing because I'm mostly fine

Thats an odd letter, maybe its just the environment i was raised in, but your parents throw an odd hippie flowerchild vibe.

She's talking about the fact that my dad is Chinese and she is white which people didn't approve of back then. Grew up really poor and they always feel bad about it and basically want me to become rich and successful, but I would rather keep traveling the world. Also if my brother has autism does that my I have autism too?

Meant to reply to

Meant to say I was replying to

Just took this myself and got a 22. Feeling relieved as I was expecting it to be higher. Not necessarily real autistic, just Veeky Forums-grade autistic.

Just got a 31. Shit.

I got a 28, god bless i dont have the tisms

Got a 10 Ayy

listen to your parents you disrespectful twat and go to uni

I was gonna tell you to go to uni and shit but honestly? You do you man. You are not responsible for your bro, and if traveling the world is your thing and you can afford it, respectfully say so to mummy.

My cousin was diagnosed when he was around 4 and throughout childhood he was completely socially inept and would never stop talking about a subject he liked.

He loved to talk about nintendo and mario to all of our family members. Everyone mainly ignored him, but it was sad senpai because he couldnt pick up on the social cues that nobody cared about hat he talked about.

We went to hs together and I was lifting at the time, I was a junior and he was a freshman. Felt bad for him so I let him hangout with my friends who are all mainly athletes. Everyone in the family knew he was incredibly smart despite his autism so I got him on a lifting program and by the time I was a senior dude and he was a sophomore he was in the top 8% in the weight room even outlifting football players. Since he was autistic he would practice his form over and over till it was perfect. Senior year he got a scholarship to USC and I heard he fucked one of the hottest girls from the volleyball team(ass for dayz) and cutie white cheer squad captain. He went from full autist to a quiet normie but his autism reduced significantly.

Moral of the story: Just look after your bro and guide him.

It depends on how Autistic he is but considering how early he was diagnosed it's probably pretty bad. My brother has autism and living with him was hell and everyone hates him but has to pretend not to. Be prepared to yell at him and get angry at how irrational and stupid he is.

I think at 22 I'm finally able to accept I probably have high functioning autism

Ah dude I'm sorry this happened to you
You've got such a loving seeming family, though, be thankful for that. They really seem to care about you.
seems to have the right idea
Just be the best person you can for him, you'll learn more than you think you will from him. He's still got such a good future that's possible for him. Correct him where he needs corrected but if he's sensitive then be careful not to discourage him

Is it like "legit" autism or aspergers-type autism?

I mean do you think you might have autism?

>falling for the autism meme
ISHYGDDT
autistichoya.com/2011/11/disability-is-social-construct.html

I was into that until
>Not all Autistic people are interested in Autistic culture (which, quite frankly, I think is tragic -- but a personal decision.)
What the shit? Why the fuck would I give a fuck about deviant-art tier autism culture? Either way that perpetuates the already existing societal label of autism, which goes against the point they're trying to make