QTDDTOT

QTDDTOT

I have semi-visible abs, but everytime after I train my abs, the next day I can't see them anymore even if I flex. Is it because I trained my abs the day before? Because I also gain weight and I hope I didn't gained fat.

Other urls found in this thread:

realself.com/forum/knew-before-liposuction-surgery
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Probably fluid. I have the same problem and end up thinking why the fuck did I bother doing 5 hours of cardio to look like dough the next day.

When doing a routine and it says, for instance:

>x sets of Incline Dumbbell Press, 8-15 reps
>y sets of Bench Press, 8-10 reps
>z sets of Incline Flies, 8-10 reps
etc.

Should I do all of the sets at once for x, then move to y, then finish z, or go all the way through the routine x, y, z then start over and come back to x, y, z?

You do all of the sets for each exercise all at once.

There are a very few exceptions where you alternate sets of just two or three exercises, which is called supersetting.

Generally you would do all of X, then Y, then Z.

Gotcha. Thanks, boys.

why does going slightly over my maintenance piss me off so much more than outright binging

Considering lipo to get rid of fat on stomach. Any reason I shouldn't?

What routine offers the best balance between strength and aesthetics?

Best app for keeping track of macros? Also, what sites do you buy your stuff from? Such as Scales,Creating,protein powder, you get the point. Thanks in advance.

Depends what level of lifter you are

It's unnatural and your body might not react how you think. realself.com/forum/knew-before-liposuction-surgery #9 really gets me

because you know you could do better. stop not making it, and make it already.

>counting
brah just go with it and yeat

When I deadlift I get headache. Is normal/why?

Are wrestler's bridges worth doing/safe?

Does anyone have a calculator for weight lifted to calories burnt?
Spent 3 hours moving bricks around this morning and I know exactly how much weight I moved total and how much each load was but the only stuff I can find online are calorie calculators that give you every situation under the sun and seem to vastly overstate the cals burnt for all of them - things like 100 cals an hour sitting playing a board game levels of ridiculous

Might have something to do with blood pressure.

Is a deficit of 1000 calories too much? Yes I'm fat, but I'm cutting from a TDEE of ~3100 to 2100. Should I take it slower?

That does sound like quite a lot, although you do have a high TDEE. Go maybe 500 kcal deficit and add in some intense cardio.

What lifts do I need to strengthen to physically pick up a female. Squats, deads, ohp?

Does anyone know any good stretches for hip mobility? I feel like the immobility in my hips is effecting my squat, as i don't feel like my gleuts are active. Any tips for this?

yes, I have a tip. read SS to learn why your self-diagnosis is wrong.

I'm pretty sick atm, and I can't go to the gym. What exercises could I do with just a pair of dumbbells to train my chest, traps, lats, and triceps?

Is there a reason for this? I'd have thought it would be a more efficient use of time to work a different body part while resting. This would give you a longer break between sets of one exercise and allow you to lift more.

What the fuck is SS/SL?

Most routines either use a lot of exercises for the same body parts or are minimalist and rely on big exercises that are going to wreck you too much to go hard on back to back sets.

Also its a tremendous pain to try and train that way in commercial gyms. Too many other people.

I'm eating mostly protein shakes, oats, fruit, veges, chicken breast and peanut butter.
3000+ calories a day, 1 hour swimming 3 times a week, while doing SS. I'm still getting super hungry though from all the activity which my body isn't used to. Should I just eat as much as possible, or keep it around +3-500 TDEE?
Started from skele, 180cm, 60kg 2 weeks ago. Haven't bothered weighing myself, because the only scale in my house is an old electric one that's super inaccurate/inconsistent (added about 2kg to a 10kg weight I tested on it), but I've gained some strength/mass and am still around 9% bf if I go by that NAVY tape measure test (don't know if it's accurate).

I'm making myself a trap bar only routine as I have many constraints in how I lift. I want to kinda sorta model it after starting strength. Here's what I have so far

>trap bar high pulls instead of power clean
>trap bar ohp instead of barbell presses
>trap bar deadlift instead of squat
>trap bar rdl instead of deadlift
>also thinking of incorporating trap bar split squats and lunges depending on how my quads feel

I think this would pretty much give me a full body workout in a similar vein as ss does. Critiques or suggestions?

In the future, I may get some adjustable dbs for benching but I might just do pushups instead.

How do you train willpower?

oh and also i think i'll wind up doing db shoulder press instead of trap bar ohp

Two days ago I had my lifting induction at the gym, where we went through proper form etc.

Today I'm due to start my routine, but I still have pretty bad DOMS from the induction. Even sitting down takes some effort.

Lift anyway? Will it help?

Activity helps with DOMs. Don't ask me why.

Yeah, I hoped that would be the case. So if I just stretch properly before jumping in I should be good?

Not that guy, but look into "active recovery"

Will drinking a hot chocolate once a week fuck with my gains? On a bulk. Just a hot chocolate no cream or anything.

myfitnesspal & amazon

I did read about that, but as I'm totally new to lifting I'm pretty much lifting the minimum possible anyway. Anything less and I'd just be lifting the bar.

I've never tried bench with barbell.

If i have a dumbbell bench press of 33lbs on each hand what does this equate in barbell bench approximately?

By making a decision.

If it fits your macros.

Probably about 75 or so. There's usually not a perfect ratio for this sort of thing.

i drink this kfc milkshake with coffee every day and i still have visible abs and i barely workout

I'm starting my first bulk. If I eat dirtier than I have been eating and bulk slowly at 3-500 over TDEE, will I be worse off than I would eating 100% clean?

147, 5'11", and I don't have back fat but no visible abs. I lift 4 days a week, but I'm otherwise largely sedentary. When calculating my TDEE, what is my activity level?

What are people's experiences with keto? I heard it gives you more stable energy through the day. Is this true? Just looking for any personal anecdotes, here. Considering taking it up

I used to be atlethic (martial arts), and relatively muscled compared to other non lifting dudes.
I got a sports injury and now I find myself one month away from a beach holiday. Need to tighten my core so my belly sags less and buff up my chest.

-Can I do it?
-How can I do it?

Started losing weight for 3 weeks
Theres this weird markings appearing here what is it? Also my skin is drier

So do some pushups if your chest hurts. Squat bodyweight if your legs hurt.

That's your face, user. You may not be used to being able to look at yourself in the mirror.

I get nauseous from drinking water. Whats up with that?

I don't really see anything. Do you mean the vaguely redish spots by your sideburn?
Do you drink enough? Since you probably sweat a lot more than usual these last few weeks you might not have upped your water intake properly. Your pores and skin might not be used to sweating like that which could also cause it. Try drinking more water and a hydrating ointment, otherwise go to your doctor for a medical ointment, but, at least on this picture, there isn't really anything unusual to worry about imo.

Is it possible to transition from fem-twink into fem-fit-twink-mode? Is that an actual thing I can achieve through moderate, controlled weight-gain, core/leg/hip/glute exercises, or am I a blundering retard?

Squats and dead

If you're too sick to go to the gym just recover and drink lots of water. Taking one day out is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

This.

Generally, I seem to be lifting more than twice the amount of my dumbbell lifts when I do barbell.

If you are completely exerting yourself on an exercise, there is no way you will be able to do another exersize right after.

So you either have to do one exersize at a time, or do ever exersize sub optimally.

There is no clean or dirty eating; if you hit your cals at 300 above tdee with all McDonald's then you're still bulking clean; hit your proteins, your fats and don't go over 500kcal over tdee for a clean bulk

I've read about the 1g/lbs protein rule, but I assume this is not something I should worry about while losing weight (not cutting), most of the weight being fat. How much is recommended for someone that's overweight and losing weight?

The 1g/lb rule is more for lean mass than total bodyweight. Figure that out and you've got your number.

Got my lab results - 10,4 nmol/l test. Barely in the norm. I've been lifting for a year, supplementing vit D and zinc. What do?

29 y/o btw

You might as well start pinning.

Is it good to take omega 3 from fish oil and CoQ10 for elbow pain or should I just take some anti-inflammatory drugs?

Is it better to add dips on the squat, bench, DL, Chin-up day or the squat, OHP, Clean day?

Is snap city very apparent? I get little aches and pains often but never anything that inhibits my ability to perform my my lifts.

I used to be about 135lbs with 121lbs lean body mass and now I am 159 lbs 17% body fat with 132-133 lbs of lean body mass. If I just went full bulk and thought fuck it, keep lifting keep gaining would I eventually get up to about 137-138lbs of lean body mass?

I'm not overly keen on being under 12% body fat so I'd be happy at a decent muscular size at like 13-14% . As long as I looked muscular in clothes and fit enough for girls when topless

If i'm having trouble sleeping and i think its affecting my gains, should i take sleeping pills?

Does anyone have experience with sleeping pills or sleeping supplements?

Noob Veeky Forumsizen back with a report.

My legs - mostly thighs - felt like death walking down the 8 flights of stairs from my apartment to the ground floor.

By the time I reached the end of my road, they felt much better.

Some stretches at the gym, 5 mins warm-up on the bike, and then into lifting. Went perfectly.

Thanks for the help, user(s).

Is there any legitimacy/benefits to intermittent fasting, say only eating within a four to eight hour time window each day, or is it bullshit?

>30°C outside
>go to do normal routine
>sweating like crazy before I've even started
>fail every lift without exception
>struggling even on warm-up reps I was doing easily last week

oh god how do I deal with this it's horrifying

Is your gym not air conditioned?

Drink more water, take rest, eat more and go back. That's all there is to it. Doesn't matter if any of the above is hard for you; do it.

y do i shit so much when cutting

Grandma question which burns more calories an hour of walking or an hour of outdoor cycling

This is gonna sound bad but whatever. My wife has fallen for the cardio jew and has basically refused to do any serious weight training for the last 2 years. She is around 110 lbs but is skinny fat, she's lost her boobs and her butt from only doing cardio and eats a very low calorie diet. She looks like she has the life sucked out if her. I try to tell her that weight training will be better for her and that eating more will be good for her but like all women she is crazy paranoid about her appearance and will take any suggestion as a sign that I don't like how she looks (which is true but give me a fucking break, she looks unhealthy and malnourished - her skin is pasty her hair is frizzy and dry and her tits are deflating - she looked better before running every single day.) How do I convince her to start training with me and that she won't get fat from eating more as long as she lifts on a regular basis and that she will generally look better without hurting her feelings?

Fuck,I get this too with all my muscles including arms,chest and back.If they are sore as fuck to the point where it hurts to flex,I might as well not have the muscle at all cause it's so shrinked

nope, just some old converted warehouse setup, it's a fucking oven desu

How long do you have to work out before your muscles start to feel hard when untensed? Core specifically, but whole body in general I guess

Just started working out. For dumbbells should I increase the weight every week or workout, assuming I use them twice a week? I do 3 sets of 8 reps. Or should I get the reps up before going to a higher weight.

>falling for the women meme
you shouldve just been gay lad, it's great over here

Not that guy, but life would be so much easier I feel.

Tell me about it
At least it's guaranteed sex on the regular and I prefer pussy to another man's butthole (I've tried both so I can judge for myself)

Are kettlebells a meme

>tfw not gay

Bump for this too

>things like 100 cals an hour sitting playing a board game levels of ridiculous

That probably counts the calories your body burns just keeping you alive. Calorie counters are mostly bullshit anyway

how do i take beach pics for all the sloots on instagram if i have no friends?????

This shit sucks man. I wanna make a tinder but I barely have any pictures of myself honestly considering just taking some bathroom selfies

Yes.

Does a sunburn make you hold water weight more? I got quite badly sun burnt yesterday and I have just piled a ton of water weight despite drinking a lot of water and not changing my daily routine in any way. I'm visibly squishier and it's disturbing.

I actually found it easier to work out, maybe because my joints felt more warmed up. I also like sweating when I'm working out so it felt good (usually it's fucking freezing so it's weird to lift and not sweat)

What's the tell tale sign of gear? I literally don't know how you guys detect it(am skellyton new lifter).

Energy is more stable, hunger is almost eliminated, and after a few weeks your pants won't stay up without a belt.

Don't let the neckbeard memesters fool you, if you have excess body fat to lose Keto is for you.

How's form?

Sorry for shit Qual video, qtddtot for Android webm converter as well

Is plateauing the same as maintaining?

Mediocre. Too high, too slow, wobbly and awkward. You lift like an old person dying of arthritis.

Squat shoes with a heel and a squat how to video are in your future.

What's are people's experience on forearms being a slow growing or fast growing muscle.

Trying to focus on forearms this month and want to set a good timeline for results.

Lets say I need 150g of protein for my diet.

Is it better to have
>3 meals with 50g of protein each
>5 meals with 30g of protein each

I read somewhere that you can only really metabolize ~30g of protein per meal and the rest will just be used as energy.

Yes it's bullshit or yes it works?

smaller hands = faster growth

do grip work for bigger forearms.

doesn't matter

1.2g (if sedentary) to 1.7g (if athlete) of protein per kg of lean mass is sufficient.

Why don't you google it?
I mean, I have an opinion on the matter, but why would you believe me over studies?