"Running for Emi"

So the thread over on /v/ yesterday encouraged me to post here. Don't worry, it gets to the fitness part soon enough.

>Be me, 16
>200lbs+ at 178cm tall
>Katawa Shoujo is released.
>Not really a big fan of anime or of visual novels in general.
>But this time one of my friends encourages me to try the game out after showing me a meme of this girl with prosthetic legs lying on the ground and it said something about "WHAT ARE THOOOOSE"
>Give it a shot, no harm done right?
>Download game, start playing
>Don't really see appeal of the game at first, but then I start getting invested in this legless character Emi.
>Spend time with her, go out on dates with her, do anal with her, eventually she opens up about her emotional past to me, and how she lost her legs and her father.
>I get the "good ending"
>In the game, the main character has chronic arrhythmia and would go for morning runs with Emi every weekday to train his heart.
>Decide to start doing the same thing myself. I don't have chronic arrhythmia, but I have occasional heart palpitations when I'm exercising. I've tried going to the gym, doing home workouts, playing outside, but i never had the motivation to continue doing these things.
>Get up 6:00
>Make small breakfast
>Go for a run.
>The background on my phone has been changed to Emi (image related) so I know she's running with me as my running partner.
>Start losing weight
>Start to watch my diet
>Eat more protein
>Now you can actually see my abdominal muscles
>Everyone asks me why I don't have a girlfriend yet
>"I have my reasons."

Katawa Shoujo saved my social life and probably stopped me from being overweight or obese for the rest of my life. Any similar stories here?

>be me, 16

stopped reading

I'm not 16 anymore, silly. This all happened circa 2012-2013

The intolerable pain of loneliness aND rejection fueled my journey. I'm glad your motivation is positive op. Keep running.

That's just sad OP

I'm more interested in your home environment... what could create such a person like OP?

You are such a fucking faggot, holy shit. At least have a real girl be your motivation to lift

Overprotective parents not letting kids outside. Successfully protecting them from life. Not gonna b too harsh tho. Rock Lee used to be part of my motivation.

I see you have shit taste in women

I lived in the US at first. I was fit, I did wrestling. Then I moved countries, and broke my knee, which pretty much took wrestling out of the picture for the rest of my life. I began eating a lot and gained weight over time. My parents tried getting me outside but I was too interested in my computer to do it too often. I wasn't antisocial or some kind of weeb or something, this game just happened to click with me.

uh.. no.

I want to get fit because i'm fat.

how chubby, user?

I see YOU have shit taste in women

ITT: faggots who can't even do 5K

Back in the day I lifted for Saber but now its for my 3DPD gf (who is not PD at all). Whatever inspires you OP is a good thing.

God lift the King.

>running for girls

Post body.

ITT: Faggots who can't even OHP 1pl8

>16
>fat
>has anal in a digital relationship
>starts eating less shit and running
>learns something about fitness?

Great post user, inspiring

>tfw the Katawa Shoujo General on Veeky Forums with its 750 post bump limit is currently on thread #3092

120 kilos

>tfw hanako will never be real
>none of them will be real
>the only real thing i get from them are feels

Shhh, they're real to me.
They'll always be real to me

We'll make this dream last forever.

>Any similar stories here?

I was the exact opposite. Already on Veeky Forums and lifting and shit, heard about this virginal weeb shit, read and enjoyed three of the stories, and will take it to my fucking grave that I enjoyed this shit.

Never again.

And Lilly is the best girl you no gains assclown.

Veeky Forums used to have a thousand post bump limit too.

Imagine if, instead of dumbass bodyweight garbage, a kid with that physical aptitude and raw determination did SS+GOMAD.

inb4 someone posts a picture of Choji or his dad.

This is fucking tragic.
At least it's less tragic than being a fatass weaboo for ever.

She was the WORST

The OFFICIAL POWER RANKINGS OF KATAWA SHOUJO GIRLS is as follows:

1.) Lilly
2.) Hanako
3.) Emi
4.) Shizune
9001.) Rin

I'd rather court that /r9k/ expy with the glasses.

God DAMN

I thought /wwe/ making it about 1200 threads on /sp/ with a 500 post limit was kind of silly

>people still play this cripple fucking game
>it's still relevant on Veeky Forums

I had the same motivation as you when i first did it.
It fizzled out fast though.
Ended up doing it on my own 6 months down the line.

I tried I really tried just to lurk this board for as long as I could, promising myself there wont be anything that I will never ever need to respond to. Manage to get through the endless amounts of meme tier diet threads and endless threads of people who didnt fucking read the sticky. But WTF i mean well done obviously for losing weight and stuff but fuck sake dude this is depressing as shit, also well done for making a lurker of around 1 year respond.

>Katawa Shoujo saved my social life and probably stopped me from being overweight or obese for the rest of my life

stopped reading right there

get the fuck back to your containment board

>implying you don't remember in what year exactly your life changed for the better
>the "what are thoooooose" vine is from 2015
>OP is 17 max right now
inb4 underage b&

yikes

Congrats on losing weight, but please grow up and stop with anime.

But user, Shizune is the worst.

Emi is a total whore. Reminder that she canonically had a boyfriend before in the game

I have no emotional story to tell.
What really made me start was the fear of being weak. One day I was walking with a friend around the city and a gang of 8 gypsies older than us tried to attack and steal us. We ran with all our belongings, but the shock was enough to motivate me.

/v/ermin go home

fuck anime

By definition not anime, you retard.

but she never had an emotional connection with him

what, does it make you feel inadequate?

You're gonna face a lot of judgment bb girl, but all that matters is whatever keeps you going.

lbs+ at 178cm tall
WTF? do you live on the Canadian border? pick a measurement standard and live with it!

>990000
Fuck.

Emi did the same thing to me, OP.

it's not something to be proud of. Emo a slut

Kids will want to be just like them and drop and do push-ups. Kids won't often have weights. Makes sense. I always wondered why DB didn't do weights either.

Your thread triggered something in my soul, OP, and I didn't even do the Emi route
thanks for that

glad to hear you're doing well
maybe I'll feel adequate some day

>saved my social life
>playing anime games
Nigger do you even think about what you type?

>tfw I picked shitzune

she is just too fucking sexy desu, cant control my dick

Played one anime game. I still have friends, I still go out every once in a while with my friends and have a drink. Except more often now, because I'm not a fat fuck.

U wot? DB was all weight lifting? Goku literally lifts thousands of tons at King Kai's when learning KaioKen. I even remember him putting some weight bracers on his wrists and legs.

Vegeta uses a super gravity room which sort of is a weight training of sorts since the gravity becomes ridiculously strong.

Piccolo always wears extremely heavy capes and hat so that when he removes them his Ki is dramatically increased.

If anything DB is the number one show to motivate weight lifting

yeah except the goals in DB are too unrealistic. I can't bench hard enough to shoot lasers out of my hands man. I can, however, run enough a day that Emi would be proud of me. See the difference?

I remember I couldn't masturbate for like 2 weeks after playing Katawa Shoujo. Really fucking weird.

You know, Saber's fearless and ballsy attitude in contrast with early-in-the-story-Shirou really inspired me in my life to be confident in myself.

If you've got what it takes, trust yourself. If you don't have what it takes, that's where you start.

I wish I could...

What's wrong, have you got no legs or something?

Emi a slut
bacon/teagirl master race

>tfw even when you had a 3dqt3.14 partner for your moning runs nothing ever came of it because your pockets open to an infinite spaghetti dimension.

God, that was over ten years ago. She's probably married with kids now and I'm still running and watching chinese flipbooks.

>Piccolo always wears extremely heavy capes and hat so that when he removes them his Ki is dramatically increased.

I never understood that shit. Why would it increase his Ki? Physical strength and speed, sure, but the only way Ki was tied to physical ability seemed to be that the body had to be strong enough to gather and control, or one could hurt themselves like Goku when he pushed the Kaio-ken a bit to far against Vegeta.

Why would taking off his weighted shit IMMEDIATELY cause a Ki increase? I'm sure, in the weird world of anime were weighted clothes actually make you stronger instead of injured, wearing them for an extended period of time would allow him to focus more Ki when he tried, but the taking it off bit wore thin past Raditz. And it was only a good bit there because most of that fight was physical fighting and not friggen laser beams flying to and fro.

I swear, I go outside and talk to people, even women sometimes, and bathe and lift weights and all that regular people shit, but if I could actually fuck Satsuki Kiryuin, I totally would.

objectively wrong. Rin is the best. She's just misunderstood

my nigga

>Implying Hanako isn't the best

my nigga x2

If i cant bench 265lbs ill squat 300lbs

>Seriously implying Emi isn't the best
>Seriously implying Hanako isn't the worst

Hanako is the best you fucking Pleb, Emi is second, Lil' 3rd Rin 4th and shin 5th

You're a good man, OP. I hope I can achieve the same as you someday.

Misha was best Katawa though.

>muh hurt puppy trope
ok
Comforted

wasted quads

No lie OP. I'm exactly the same.I changed my background to emi too. Granted she's not the only thing that motivates me now, but she got me to enjoy cardio days.

Hanako was the best girl btw and you fell for used goods

me too famalam

>lilly literally leaves you and you unironically have to die for her to come back
>best girl
go fuck yourself you little shit
Hanako a best

That's what did it to me. I wasn't allowed to go out on dates without parental supervision so I just never talked to any girls. By the time senior year rolled around my parents wondered why I never had a gf. I just gave up on life until part way through college. Even now I'm fighting an uphill battle because I have no social connections, lifting and dieting has made it possible to pull girls off of tinder though so at least there's that.

uh dude her vagina lips are like bacon strips.
no thanks

>tripshit has a shit opinion
color me surprised

What if I like all the girls and love Emi the most?

This game had a surprisingly good soundtrack

A bit repetitive, I may admit, but it did invoke the feelings it was meant to invoke and solidify certain events in your memory.

>tried to steal us

The song from Rins cinematic is really fun to play

this

Recently played this game, made me feel really weird after finishing emi's story.

yeah gypsies do that

u mean kidnap?

>not lifting for Ilya and being her beserker

I thought being faggots was a joke around here but apparently not