Good books/documentaries on the spanish civil war

Homage to Catalonia

good luck finding an unedited version

I've already read that. Any other one?

The Spanish Holocaust: Inquisition and Extermination in Twentieth-Century Spain by Paul Preston.

Literal garbage

I highly suggest the Beevor book, I've read it twice

'Los mitos de la Guerra Civil' by Pío Moa.

Irving tier propaganda.

Not an argument.

This, most books and documentaries on the subject are notoriously biased in favor of the republican side, but Beevor is remarkably balanced.

The Six part BBC documentary. Search for it on Youtube

How did he manage to rule Spain for nearly 40 years until his death without getting killed or deposed?

Not an argument.

I watched this, and while it was biased on the side of the Republicans, it wasn't so terrible as to be a useless venture.

Pretty much any source in the west is going to favor the republicans though due to the fact the republicans were the best chance at establishing a democratic society. Many of those sources discount how distant the majority of republicans were from actual democracy though, instead electing to build an anarchist, or communist state after Russia's backing. At the same time, it's easy to point the finger at either side since the crimes against one another were pretty well documented.

because the only people who wanted to kill him and had the means were the ETA and they fucked it up

That, and he was really competent at gaining and holding on to power. All in all, Franco was not a bad leader just because he knew enough how to keep things together even if he was opposed to progression.

Not an argument.

Point proven.

They did kill his right-hand man though.

Read it some time ago, can confirm. Though there are surely alot of people that think Republican and Rebel war crimes have been understated and exaggerated respectively.

What point has supposedly been proven?