How do I into calisthenics feats of strength?

How do I into calisthenics feats of strength?

I want to be able to do things like
- handstand pushup
-one arm pushup
-that thing where they lift themselves off the ground and swing around with their arms still on the floor
-dragon flag/flag plank whatever it is called

I do mostly weights, could any bodyweightfags point me in the right direction? Cheers

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZKZPBMqW1xM
bodyweighttrainingarena
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

same boat friendo. my goals are one arm pull up, human flag, lsit.
all i can do is one arm pushup

How'd you progress to it m80? I can wham out 30-40 pushups. Do I just do them weighted? Or what?

i dont really remember progressing but taking a wide stance with your legs is essential. i do a lot of planks too. also i am fairly light 140 at 5'8 so that helps too

youtube.com/watch?v=ZKZPBMqW1xM

I got my first muscle up last week.
I'm really happy with it, mostly because I'm 210lbs. I know it isn't super strict but I can work on that.

I can push out 75 push ups pretty quickly and still can't do it

>that thing where they lift themselves off the ground and swing around with their arms still on the floor
They're called flares.

i dont think i can do that many pushups but i can do a few one arms. how much do yall weigh? what are your lifts like?

go to prison

>- handstand pushup
How much can you military press?

I'm yet to see someone military more than 40kg, even the massive guys. On that note... Why don't you just do regular weighted exercises and slowly work up?

Calisthenics a shit to be quite honest with you, mi familia.

>look mean into camera
>tats
>low body fat

but still a manlet

Im doing this program.

Those things you want ro do are gonna take quite a while to master, but with dedication you will make it.

This desu OP. You've got nothing else to do all day except workout, all the drug addict skeletons I know that went to prison came out jacked

How did you get past going one arm at a time? That's what I'm stuck at

I didn't desu.
I just did explosive pull-ups to chest or higher and tried only to get both arms over until I managed it.

I did not know t b h converts to desu.
I'm not a weaboo faggot.

pure SS victim right here lolol
chicken legs and the upper body of someone who trains machines for a year and lifts 4pl8
kakakakaka

what did he mean by this

people who follow strength routines can get crazy strength but look much less muscular or the same as people who lift half but follow hypertrophy routines

bamp

U wot m8ron.
SS makes people the opposite. Massive legs and small upper body.

Also thats me in the pic, which is actually 200kg but you can't see the 10kg plate on the end :|
My legs aren't that small, I just have really high vastus lateralis insertions.

I know that feel bro. My ankles and calves are tiny and so my legs look fucking small in shorts even though my squat and diddly are way ahead of my bench/OHP in terms of strength levels.

Anyway, you look fine, don't worry about SS memers.

look up Dominik Sky's youtube channel

slowly progress.
you're not just going to jump from two handed push ups to one handed.
try archer/side to side push ups
the principal is the same with any lift

T H I S

is there a Starting strength equivalent for bodyweight routines?

convict conditioning

no

because SS is based on slow consistent increases in weight whereas bodyweight work is based on random sized jumps in loading and movement patterns.

bodyweight training should be seen as a supplement to proper strength training, not a substitute for it.

Other way around, what's the point in only being able to lift things in certain ranges of motion for a very low number of reps before needing a 5 min rest?

I don't really lift but I can do both one handed pushups and handstand pushups.
I'm pretty sure its because I've done pushups wrong my whole life and now have huge shoulders but no chest

you fundamentally misunderstand resistance training. read a book. SS would be a good start

>Landwhale detected
Enjoy being weak and getting out of breath frm eating

>40 kgs

I can military press 87 kgs and I'm not anywhere near the strongest I've been, there are definitely a few people in my gym that can do more than that

Read Overcoming Gravity - easily one of the best calisthenic training books out there.
Just like regular weightlifting, you should go for lower reps (6x6) to build strength. There are progressions in OG for horizontal/vertical push/pull exercises - just follow them. Just off the top of my head, a push up progression would look like push-up, decline push-up, diamond push-up, decline diamond, incline one - arm (slowly decrease angle), then one-armed.

bodyweighttrainingarena com/category/calisthenic-exercises/page/3/ heres a link to some other types of progressions.

Just from my experience, I don't really like the one-armed push up. I opted to go for pseudo plance push ups to work to words a planche instead. I feel like one-armed inherently promotes unbalanced development on right and left sides.

you look hyuge and stronk as fuck
don't listen to the troll niggerfaggots

I just started by doing push ups, pull ups, dips, squats and basic stuff and now i can do all those moves listed except for actual handstand push ups.
Just gotta stsrt doing progressions and keep it your main focus consistently. Thats really all there is to it.

I know nothing about bodyweight yet i talk out of my ass: the post
You look pretty jacked pal dont listen to shitposters

>I can do 15 pushups in my left hand
>I can do 13 pushups in my right hand
Hmm, now that I know one side is stronger than the other, surely I can do some sort of extra volume to balance them out so i can train them equally, right?
Nah

Yea, this