Can you actually get back to a flat "stomach" once you've gained a bit of a gut?

Can you actually get back to a flat "stomach" once you've gained a bit of a gut?
Do those fat cells just not die?

I had always been a skelly, last 2-3 years i tried to gain some weight, before I got into lifting.
Looked bigger, but got a belly gut.
Now I've been lifting for 5 months, look slightly better but I fear that I fucked up and will have this fucking gut forever.
I'm also working my abs and transverse

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adipocyte
nature.com/nature/journal/v453/n7196/full/nature06902.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You gained some fat, it will go away when you cut retard

fat cells dont go away though

Yes they do

They can be emptied of fat though.

You cycle them every 5 years and the fat they store does go away you retard.

>I've been lifting

You can lift as much as you want, and as long as you refuse to fucking cut it won't do shit for your middle.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adipocyte

I guess I'll have to learn to deal with having a belly, since it'll be a while until I need to cut and the cut itself wont be abrupt, since I dont wanna lose all my gains

nature.com/nature/journal/v453/n7196/full/nature06902.html

fat cells don't differ between lean and obese people, lipid storage does

Retard Alert!

>it's impossible for me to lose fat because ____

yeah you're right, seems like the only solution is to kill yourself

According to Lyle McDonald book "Stubborn Fat Solution":

If you gain fat, your fat cells get bigger. If they get maxed, your body will create MORE fat cells.

If/when you lose that fat, the fat cells do get smaller but the total number of fat cells will not diminish.

It wasn't clear how much of an issue this would be, but it is definitely better to be "not fat, and never was fat" than a recovered fat person.

Visceral fat might hang out a bit longer but it'll go away when you cut. SubQ fat on the gut goes away easily though

>I'm also working my abs and transverse

Make sure you're working on your posture as well. Ab exercises + posture practice will help diminish your gut

No mate, when you get a little fat you are fat FOREVER and will NEVER have a lean stomach.

holy fucking shit can you ask a more stupid question?

Your eating to many calories. You cannot be permanently fat. Your slipping into the mindset of a land whale.

Former fatty and medical student here (not that you'd have to be a student to know this stuff, but I guess playing the authority card can't hurt). You should know the following:

1) Virtually nobody actually has a naturally "flat" stomach when completely relaxed. This is something that I originally lost sleep over when I got lean and my abs still portruded. You will still have to slightly "suck in" your lower stomach and tense it when standing or walking around.

The reason why I am putting the quotation marks there when I say "suck in" is because having your abs totally relaxed is in fact NOT the normal healthy thing to do. It is the default natural behavior to have a very slight vacuum in your lower abs that still allows you to breathe normally, as it stabilizes your spine and provides core support for healthy body posture. If you really are lean, then the amount of "sucking in" you will have to do will be so small that you'll get used to it very quickly and it will become part of your automatic bodily function, much like breathing.

2) The thing about fat cells remaining is a meme. Cells keep dying and being recycled. It's true that your fat cells remain even if you lose fat, but I think people here don't realize how fucking ludicrously thin mere cell membranes are. We are talking about molecular dimensions here. The physical volume taken up by a depleted fat cell will not make ANY visibly discernable difference whatsoever.

Another myth surrounding the increased fat cell count is the idea that having more fat cells makes it easier for your body to store bodyfat again. This theory really is very cute, because it's technically true... but it works the other way around as well. The greater surface area of connected membranes that comes from having more fat cells allows for easier lipid metabolism/fat mobilization, but this affects both the rate at which your body stores AND burns fat.

>fat cells dont go away though
What the fuck kind of meme has Veeky Forums been spreading?

Your life is stress you drink, smoke, caffeinate and stay up late your sleep quality is a SOLID 3/10 and you have anxiety out the ass and you're depressed and you are prestage metabolic syndrome and cushings and all that good stuff. And your skin is shit and your face is bloated and you start to think there's something wrong with you in general cause you're tired all the time and you feel awkward and lame as a person and its all your fault or genetics fault but rly you just got assfucked by modern life.

I recommend a 3 day fast followed by neet mode with regular social contact, no cocoon shit cause thats bad for immune system and hormones too (unfortunately..)

Overweight all my life here. Always been "chubby"

I lost loads of weight last year/this year for a boxing match. I got to the point where my belly was so flat my belly button started poking out. It wasn't good but I had to make weight.

Yes you can lose your gut. You can also lose your titties as long as it isn't gyno, I always had skinnyfat tits and never thought they'd go; but they went and I looked good. I had a six pack and a nice tight chest.

But that wouldn't make it any easier to gain or harder to lose fat, would it? It would just increase your potential max fat storage capacity, which if you lost weight and never ate like a ham again you would never reach anyway.