Redpill me /fit, is leg press a meme?

Redpill me /fit, is leg press a meme?

No, but it isn't as good as squats. If you have legitimate back problems, it's a good alternative otherwise man up and squat.

it's an assistance lift. useful for people too weak to squat or too strong to squat often enough to stimulate progress.

With proper form, definitely. Deadlifts>squats

this. i injured my back and started leg pressing for 2 months while it healed and still made progress on my squat when i came back.

Yesterday I had to cut leg day short and only did my 4 sets of squat then jumped on the press for 3 sets.

I am sore af right now. Bust out 8-12 reps on the press with your hands by your side, and then go to failure by pushing your quads with your hands. Absolute madness.

what

>too strong to squat
what? Like no more plates fit on the bar? Because I doubt anyone doing that much can't find a better bar

I do both but i feel more comfortable doing leg press
I do 8x4 360lb (160kg), yes im weak af but i think i'm fine since i'm 180cm 53kg (like 5'10" 120lb idk)

It's great for building leg mass.
Squats are obviously superior exercise all-round.
It's also great during summer, when doing squats is too fucking tiresome.

no. as you progress it takes more and more stimulation to get more progress. really heavy weights and high volume are taxing, which takes a long time to recover from, and if you recover for too long you lose gains. breakingnup a movement can make it less taxing on your cns and still let you progress.

see also halting deadlifts and rack pulls.

No, as in the strain on your CNS from squatting means you need more volume to progress.

What do you mean " if you recover for too long you lose gains " ?

Yep.

Doing leg press for volume will build your legs and strengthen your squat. It's not a squat replacement, though.

Nigger do you even into periodization?

I do it as the last lift for legday. Load it up and push through 10x5 to the point where im exhausted.

why 10x5 you ask? got it from a PPLPPLx routine and it worked for me so thats why, fuck you go die.

>peak broscience

>go to failure by pushing your quads with your hands

This sounds dangerous as fuck tbqh

it's a good secondary to skwats

Do heavy squats and then high rep leg press/hack squat machine. You're welcome

>I do both but i feel more comfortable doing leg press
Of course you fucking do, you don't have several hundred pounds balanced on your traps waiting to crush you if you fuck up. Squats are part mental.

Two different movement patterns that prioritize different muscles are not comparable in this regard. One is not "greater" than the other.

Smolov retard detected

all i want is my back pain to go away so i can squat and deadlift again, even if only lightweight :(

fuck me

Do both, high rep squats, high weight press.
They will work hand in hand, as you progress up in one the other will also get easier.
Literally see people doing low weight high rep on leg press which defies the entire purpose as you'd be better off doing body weight squats and still getting stabilizer muscles worked out.

Ur dum. Also, wat is a deload week/active recovery.

same user, it's a depressing struggle

Progress with leg press last few months, got up to 120 pounds with very little wobbliness.
Can now squat 80 pounds with perfect form.

And my back is fine so it just werks

:( I remember when I experienced back pain about a year ago and I had to halt my workout halfway through because of the pain
Very sad day, I didn't get back to lifting for about 3-4 months

It's a meme

Anybody that can't max this thing when you start lifting shouldn't even try

It works you legs well but isn't anywhere near as strenuous as the compound slavchair and requires almost no stability or corework

>however
they're good for training a similar movement as an accessory without wrecking your CNS
since it doesn't require stabilization or core strength the limiting factor is only leg power so you can overload your legs more, like using a sling shot on bench

If you put your heels at the top of the platform and use full ROM it can help train the glutes and hammies to work together without too much CNS overload, which is good for routines that focus on highbar and front squat to make sure imbalances don't form as readily and good for lowbar based routines as an assistance exercise

also calf raises

>80 pounds with perfect form.

dude how? are you natty?

Are you sure you mean pounds?

>implying you can leg press 10pl8
That's a total of 900 lbs, they have other leg press machines that can hold even more weight, going up to 15pl8. I've never even seen one before IRL. You're telling me day one you can go in and leg press more than 1.3k lbs?
You're full of shit kid.

Honestly it isn't even that hard to push lmao12pl8 on the leg press, try to set your max, youll be surprised

L-london?