Wait a minute, when you bench, does the bar go down hovering over your chest or your head...

Wait a minute, when you bench, does the bar go down hovering over your chest or your head ? I've been doing it over my head and some guy said my form was "off". Is he right?

I do it on my collar bone, I read optimal was the mid chest but I cant get comfortable with it.

Is the neck good?

bar path headed down should be at an angle
from right over your shoulders at the top to down right below the nipple and back again

if you're benching over your head straight down you're probably flaring your shoulders outwards too and not retracting your scapula which is just asking to fuck your shoulders up

I do mid chest. My thumb about level with my man nipple.

I lower it down to my nipples. You are basically doing skullcrushers OP.

I do it about 2-3 inches above my nips.

Touch your chest with it or it doesn't count

so basically like this
start by unacking the bar directly over your shoulders then bring it down below your nipple

Holy fuck OP how do you get the bar over your head at the top position and don't realize that it's inefficient as fuck?

You mean hover right above your nipples.
Touching it has a tendency of people ''bouncing'' it, even slightly. They use the momentum to push it back up.

Yes but the path will be less dramatic because normal people have necks.

situate yourself on the bench so that the bar is over your face. The bar path should come down from the rack in and angle to pause at your mid chest(around your nips). Then press upward and back into the rack so that the bar is once again over your face. Your scapulae should be retracted and elbows tucked

u should try doing ur 1rm without a warmup and lower it to ur neck, itll really engage ur core and ur adrenaline will skyrocket

I do it at my nipple line. That's what most youtubers say

Do this if you want to expend uneccessary energy when deracking, just as taking more than 2 steps with the squat.

I aim for the lower part of my sternum. I'm used to that and would feel like the bar is going down to my neck if I only lowered it to the nipples

.. do you also have girl nipples?

are you retarded?

Over the neck is called a guillotine bench. That's the highest I'd go before worrying about shoulder issues. The lowest would be PL grip, adding bicep and tricep and hitting the top of the ribs bottom of the sternum.

Jesus people this is terrible bait stop responding don't forget to sage