American Steroid Hipocracy

So I'm not on gear but I don't see why it is so taboo. The reason that they are illegal is because they can be detrimental to health, right? The same government that allows the sale of nicotine and alcohol and has allowed fast food to flourish and shovels shit into us at public schools is now suddenly invested in our health? What the fuck. Why dont i get to choose what to do with my own body while the fucking fatties get to go to mcdonalds and destroy themselves and our health care system?
pic somewhat related

So I'm not on heroin but I don't see why it is so taboo. The reason that they are illegal is because they can be detrimental to health, right? The same government that allows the sale of nicotine and alcohol and has allowed fast food to flourish and shovels shit into us at public schools is now suddenly invested in our health? What the fuck. Why dont i get to choose what to do with my own body while the fucking fatties get to go to mcdonalds and destroy themselves and our health care system?

Yeah. So?

why limit yourself to steroids? why not all illegal drugs?

Your turning your heart into a steak. Why should that be legal at all? It has a massive fatality risk, surely states would regulate them

Solid point

His point

-------------------

Your head

Right on the point.

because I want to talk about roids a the moment?

why don't you talk about prescription drugs?

Yeah but 12 weeks of steroids is probably worse than 12 weeks of shooting dope. Steroids are pretty fucking bad for you.

prescription drugs are already legal and totally not taboo

Because Xanax and vikoden are shit. Psychodellics for the win.

I don't drink, do drugs, or use steroids, but the same could be said about alcohol and cigarettes.
The issue with steroids is that it'd be easier for high school and middle school kids to get than cigarettes and alcohol since you have to of age in the US. For steroids, assuming no age restriction, said kids would believe "more is better" and just utterly fuck themselves up. The fact that steroids are already easily obtainable on the Internet doesn't help.

Citation needed

They should be. Xanax fries your brain like a damn egg.

No healthy person would do anything that they KNOW will kill them, but sometimes it accidentaly happens because they're not properly educated on the fact.

I strongly believe that more education and less regulations leads to more freedom.

Because Androgenic-Anabolic steroids IMPROVE you whereas smoking, drinking and junkfood, HARMS you.

The government always bans things that make you that much closer to ubermensch.

All drugs should be legalised and controlled by the state in the same way as with nicotine and alcohol.

>inb4 muh war on drugs is gud

so what? you should be free to fry your own brain if you wanted to

>controlled by the state

"No".

War on drugs should be abolished and a free market for drugs should be established.

Fuck the government

Many countries have decriminalised heroine. But it's not the same as steroids or many other drugs as it's psyiologically addictive

You'll find that those "many countries", have decriminalised use, not possession or distribution. They treat drug addiction as a health issue, not a criminal one.

Of course they'd regulate them like any other medicine. You get a prescription from a doctor for a certain amount that lasts a certain length of time.

steroids are physically addictive too
if you stop taking them you suffer from withdrawal symptoms such as low libido, muscle loss, fatigue, acne, depression

I meant that the government will check the quality, ban publicity and put you in jail for driving under the influence.

I agree with that desu, not OP, just someone who thinks adults have the right to choose what compounds people can put in their bodies. I think when things are legal and regulated, and information is available for them, it goes better. Maybe so many people wouldn't die from steroids if they took more well informed doses and the proper precautions, and the same for drugs. I don't think government should be mommy and daddy to that extent.

Things that are a low health risk that can be regulated and monitored by a doctor should be legal, accepted that you deal with complications out of pocket, hopefully deterring abusers and the uninformed to reconsider or at least not waste any funds on their stupidity. Of course that will come with holes in the system with smoking and alcohol likely being exempt, along with other ways of getting around it and no doubt synthetic drugs becoming popular so it would never work.

And you just take a pct after ward. Heroine withdrawls require time in wash out clinics where they inject methadone. You still think there's not much difference

Don't agree
the government is incredibly inefficient and ALWAYS hikes up costs due to red tape and regulations

Free market is best.

>massive fatality risk
>no one had ever died from steroids ever

lol

>inb4 newlifters post muh munzers of the world

wuts a diuretic

Why should we legalise a harmful substance just because there are more harmful things out there? That might be reason enough to reassess what we allow but it's a shitty argument in itself. It's also stupid because:

1. The difference between alcohol & fast food vs. roids is that in theory, the former can be enjoyed in moderation with little-no adverse health effects and don't cause significant change to the body unless used to excess. Roids need regular use to be effective and they cause substantial change in the body's function. Cigarettes are cancer and should be banned.

2. Alcohol is a big part of our culture and removing it would not only be infeasible (see: Prohibition) but also damage a lot of people who use it responsibly. On the other hand, people don't care that bodybuilders can no longer reach preposterous levels, or athletes can't cheat as easily.

3. Alcohol & fast food have huge lobbies which ensure they will never be banned. If pharmaceutical producers wanted they probably could manipulate the debate towards legalising roids and making their use common, hopefully that doesn't happen though.

theres 2 problems with this post:
1. youre moving the goalposts
i never said there wasnt much difference, you said the only reason was that one was that theyre physically addictive, which i responded to, and then you went on to say that i was still wrong because there are other differences
where do you draw the line of which drugs should be decriminalized? addictive? just heroin because you need methadone? what?
>you just take a pct after ward
you really should make sure you actually know what the fuck youre talking about before you try to act like you do

>All these newfriends not realizing the steroid crackdown of the early 2000's was partially because Bush Jr. needed to hide his involvement of the steroid use of the 1994 Rangers

KEK

Americans have a warped sense of morality. They don't believe that life is a long process of improvement, they believe that people are born winners or losers. To be American is to be told this from birth.

Just consider the Disney rubbish that poisons American kids' minds. In a Disney movie everyone is either good or bad by nature, and the one that triumphs in the end is the one that was born a winner. For example, in the Lion King it's the king, in the girlie ones like Frozen it's the princess. The good guys are born to win and the bad guys like Scar and Gaston are born bad.

I get that, but the sad truth is you can't rely on people to do the right thing. You could legalise roids, and put all the information out there about their impacts and drawbacks, safe usage etc., but still competition would drive young guys to use unsafe dosages so they can be bigger than the other guys in the club. Not to mention once people are dependent on a substance their ability to make a rational choice completely goes out the window.

It also matters because using harmful substances has negative impacts that go beyond the user. This leads to situations that are either inefficient - e.g. taxpayer funds being used to treat smoking-related lung cancer, or unethical and generally bad for society, e.g. a shorter productive lifespan leading to unhappy outcomes for the user's family.

Its obviously because they couldn't control the market on the substance. Basically if the government can't keep a tight hold on an addictive substance they don't allow it to be legal. Also when they prohibit things it forces concentration of the substance raising potency also inflating the value so only the wealthier have access to it.

All prohibition does, is cause us to make more pontent versions of the not so terrible thing. I.e. beer, opium, Marijuana, coke. Just to name a few bigger ones. But if all of this stuff was widely available and legal, there would be alot less "crime" due to people having ability to use the "Legal" system to deal with any issues, rather, them deal with it themselves (usually wity guns) which doesn't always end well.
It would open alot of jobs and tax revenue. Its all based on what the government can keep under a "legal" monopoly.

Nah, the American belief is that everyone is born totally equal and wherever you end up in life is totally the result of how hard you work. Sooner or later people realise this is fantasy and launch futile protest against it(Occupy movement etc, SJW privilege-metrics etc.), or work on and succeed in spite of it.

Not the user you replied to.

If the drug was widely available and you have a buy limit. The chances of abuse is gonna lower. Also potencies will be more controlled and regulated. Which goes into better quality control. You can have sterile rooms with people that can inject you if you need help with clean stuff. These people will pay for their own issues and care by having an elevated tax for the substance and care provided. The only reason criminals use drugs, is because drugs are criminalized. Thats just the plain truth.

So your genetically predisposed to work or not work for what you want? Aka wealth, health and success. No, success is just something you have to want for it to happen. I think you CAN do anything if that person just puts the effort forth. Might be easier for others but 99% of the population can do it. Even ghetto people can get out of the hood, just gotta really bust your ass. Some people are smarter than others but hardwork>natty

You're right.

The government sanctions fast food ergo we should legalize heroin and cocaine to be sold in every corner store.

Except it's about 50 times simpler than this, and you're a fucking tinfoil hat wearing lunatic for even thinking this is WHY.

1. It's borderline fucking impossible to get a group of politicians to agree to unrestrict a drug.
2. As a politician it's now your legacy that you legalized a drug.
3. You're more than likely not going to be re-elected to your position if you legalize a drug.
4. You need to keep your constituents wants in mind, and a lot of people won't want to legalize a drug.

and the biggest

5. We now need to work out what the fuck we're to do with the prison population in for holding/using the now legalized said drug.

Why would I as the head of the government allow chemical compounds which increase the testosterone and strength of the people, the very same people that I'm trying to rule over?

"Roids" aren't banned because they're detrimental to your health, they're banned because they make you more of a man and healthier, something that the gov doesn't want, it's harder to rule with an iron fist over a group of very strong men compared to weak men, which is why roids are banned, also because pharmacy makes money off of them.

look how fast this retard backflips on his own logic line.

lmao.

this is why you aren't allowed roids, because you're dumb as fuckkkkkkkk.

And what are you, the caretaker of humanity? Why the fuck should you or anyone decide what harmful substances I wish to inject into my body? who are you to make distinction on what is acceptable and what is not?

If roids were legal everybody would be a chad OP, that means more competition for the alpha dogs, which is bad for the alpha dogs at the top.

being a long time steroid abuser my view on this issue has actually become less clear as time has gone on

On the one hand, steroids being illegal has not stopped their trade and usage one bit. All its done is usher in the age of the UGL (underground lab, aka kitchen and bathroom cooks) and largely pushed out the trafficking of human grade products that are both safer and more often than not, more effective.

Steroid use has in fact skyrocketed - its more prevalent now than it was in the body fabulous age of the 80s.

On the other hand, allow me to diverge a bit... back when i first started getting interested in steroid use, steroid boards used to made up mostly of veteran lifters - and they would refuse to advise newbies until they proved that the newbie was an advanced lifter, pics and stats etc. If you can imagine, the average "beginner cycle" was usually 500mg of testosterone......... for a developed ADULT MAN weighing around 200lbs and fairly lean (obviously give or take some depending on height). This elitist attitude was because of a slippery slope fear.

What happens now? Well we've got 17 year old kids who weigh 150 shooting tren test and mast on their first cycle, because they want to be like zyzz, and their 2nd cycle begins almost as soon as the first one ends, and soon enough they'll be running grams of gear.

Blasting and cruising (the practice of never actually coming off the gear) is now the du jour practice, morons telling people they're fucking idiot for not B&C, meanwhile that same moron is fat at 180lbs, barely looks like he lifts and yet hes running grams of gear. He remains utterly convinced that anyone who is bigger than him must be running even MORE gear.

morons cooking themselves on DNP because they need to get shredded for the next music festival because they think it will help them get laid (but they wont actually TALK to a girl oh no.) - not realizing literally EVERY OTHER GUY there has the same plan.

Its become a fucking mess.

No, roids and Xanax make you dumb as fuck. Why are people so quick to get pissed and go out of their way to be shitty to you? I've kinda picked up on this over the last few years, I'm only 18 but everybody just seems to be a total dickhead.

Come to Australia. Roids can technically land you a prison sentence and a massive fine. If it was merely for health reasons and to protect you they wouldn't punish you for being a consumer of them.

SHUT YOUR FUCKING WHORE MOUTH, JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP

okay?

I'll do TRT when I have the chance. Also, most of these kids aren't going to pay for being this stupid since there will be better medical treatment. Nothing to bet on, just a thought. I think roids should be legal for professional athletes, like you have to be on a certain level to get to actual legal steroids. So many sports would be way better. Hockey, football and swimming would be 10x better with roids, it doesn't matter because steroids are just the next physical limit. Give the goalies GH so they take up more net space kek

Sort of agreed.

I lifted for 4 years. Put up big numbers for big 4 lifts and legit had low test cuz old fag now got on gear 250mg test e only just to see how my lifts adjust to a foreign hormone being imported in my body. After 4 weeks of trial I'll see if I have to up the dosage to 500 but only when I'm comfortable with roids & lifting.

Dyel kids runing 6 types of gear with 1 year of lifting experience are what gives roids a bad name.

Kek. Roids don't make you dumb, xans do pretty bad doe. Benzos fuck up your sleep and longterm memory. Straight up satan in a pill. Benzos and long term ecstasy abuse are the worst drugs besides heroin. I don't rlly know what roids do. Kids in my high school blow Molly every weekend. Their proud of their Molly tolerance.. Lol.

See, that's perfect.

Thank you for turning in your essay

You do know most of that stuff was legal back in the old America days? It was a president that would binge all night on various drugs and alcohol, his wife decided that she had enough and helped a bill pass that started the prohibition era. Then shortly after they started a "war" on drugs. There is no proof that those drugs cause any harm to anyone other than the user. Just like alcohol, cigarette,caffeine, acetaminophen or aka tylenol (the most dangerous drug given) etc.etc.

They don't see the money in switching the laws back. Plus with the laws as they are they can control the flow of drugs out and fluctuate the rates at will. With other substances its just not as simple.

Wrong. All evidence of the side affects of steroids are correlational and are probably due to substance abuse on the side. True steroids (test) have been deemed safe time and time again. The politician who brought the bill into congress 1. Didn't even know the drinking age was 21 and 2. Thought that his own bill was only making it harder for young people to get them. Instead he got them banned completely in the 90's despite numerous doctors and athletes objecting. Doctors are now falling for the "bad for your heart" meme because the politics behind all of it used shitty correlational research to pander to politicians who really have no business digging into our lives either way. The government is there to protect rights, not take them away.

No

>Vikoden
>Psychodellics

Underage B&