What should one do for depression besides weight lifting?

What should one do for depression besides weight lifting?

As a teenager i went through some depressive stages, and at the time, what made me better, was to start weightlifting.

Now it doesn't seen to cut anymore through, im feeling like shit constantly, and instead of helping me, it is just making me more self loathing.
I was put on vyvanse sometime ago, and should have thought with my addict mentality, it would go downhill fast, stoped meditating everyday, stoped caring about most stuff, started arguing with every friend, until i was fully alone, tried suicide twice within two months, and dropped out of college.

Now i can't go back to all those things, whenever i go to the gym i get that awful feeling, i used to be stronger, do a lot more of weights, now it gives me so much anger to try with lighter weights and still fail, i don't want to meditate anymore, because it feels bad to be unable to concentrate anymore.

Everything went to shit in a small time, and now i don't feel the courage to start again.

Try cardio. Get outside, get some sun, get some exercise. Try and find the beauty in things.

Find some meaning in life, get some goals. Pick up constructive hobbies besides fitness.

Do things on a whim. Like look up hiking trails near you and try them out. I've had depression on and off for the past 6 years and one thing that always gets me out of a funk is getting out in nature.

I wish you the best, sounds like you're at a pretty low point in life, but that just means things can only get better from here - if you're willing to try new things and put in some effort.

flush the pills

And start over on weightlifting and get on a program

What do you actually want to do with yourself? Do you like creating things, or the feeling of working on something? Are you spiritually unfulfilled? Do you spend too much time on the internet, or consuming media?

I'm in a similar state as well. has good advice. Don't lose your courage because you've only got yourself. One step at a time you'll get on the path you want to be on.

For me, as farfetched as it sounds, I want to be an animator. Each shitty drawing I make helps beat back the depression because I am putting myself on the journey of my choice, and meeting those who will help me along the way.

All the best to you. Because you are lonely you have only 1 person to truly be concerned about.

Props to you. I tried recently to get into art with the ultimate goal of doing landscapes in oil paint and maybe some digital fantasy stuff. Unfortunately, it's so hard to create something you can be proud of when you're just beginning and that pretty much drove me to quit (at least for now). I'm moving to another state for school soon and that didn't really help things either, maybe I'll get back into it if I find I have the time.
I'd just love to be able to make works like pic related.

What kind of animation are you hoping to get into?

>tried suicide twice
third times the charm

OP, sounds like you need counseling and different meds. I've been through 5 therapists and 3 psychiatrists before I got a good combination of counseling/medications that didn't make me feel worse.

Medication takes a lot of experimentation to find the most benefits for the least side effects.

Currently on Lexapro and Wellbutrin btw.

2D animation; of course cels aren't commonplace anymore, but digital has improved A LOT. Hopefully start a studio to help people get their feet of the ground. It's something I usually keep to myself because everyone says it's a dead goal. However, I work as a CNA at a nursing home and there's no fucking way I'm going to die, or worse: become demented, without trying to pursue what truly makes me happy. It seems like there's no worse fate than feeling depressed, pathetic, and useless... then truly becoming that while being incontinent, 100% reliant on others, and having absolutely no control of yourself. While that's going on being bled of money, getting doped up, and projecting yourself through psychological vomit while having your ass wiped.

>Unfortunately, it's so hard to create something you can be proud of when you're just beginning

Definitely, but it's like lifting. It's like starting with the bar, adding weight, improving technique, finding personal form, programming a routine, etc. I'm about to turn 27 and never drew anything because I was ridiculed by family and teachers for saying, "I want to make cartoon movies!". Now I make time for it like I do for the gym, and makes life feel worth living.

Sorry for ranting but basically do whatever you want to do the way you want shamelessly, and with awareness of the limits around you. Some people take 12 years to make a successful business.

Cocaine & heroin

Source: someone who's a diagnosed depressed mofo & bpd

I've been getting a better body image helps with depression..so fuck it, ima try it.

>CNA
Man that's a rough job. A job that shitty (pun intended) is such a huge motivator. I used to work in a hospital and know what that's like.

It definitely is encouraging to hear about wildly successful people who didn't become successful until their 30s and 40s. It does eat away at me knowing that if I had stuck with art a year ago when I first tried and quit I'd be at a respectable level, but instead I'm still on the basics trying to beat symbol drawing.

Maybe I'll bust out the notebook and give it another go.

depressed former fatass here to tell you that it doesn't really help

My friend invited me to go camping with him, after he suspected about my last suicide attempt, because i just disapeared, so he talked with my neighborhood who told about me being taken by an ambulance, i might as well go, i think it would be good to have some fresh air.
Really hard to answer, i really liked drawing, and wanted to try illustration, but because of an abusive relationship in college, and overall depressive feeling of not wanting to draw, i got on a level i feel im really shitty at, and wouldn't work right for me.

I also really like psychology and neuro psychology, to the point that i want to try later to do it as a second degree and study it enough to go into an academic career, dunno if im able to do this through, sometimes i feel if i try it, im just gonna fail and get more debts.
Strangely, my body looks the best it ever was now, even through im weaker, compared to last year or some years ago, i look really better, still its the most depressing year i've ever had.

Psst...psst...only white people are dumb enough to use that.

Can see how much it grinds your gears though so here's another one for you

Ephesians 6:11 “Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil.”

Grab your bible to beat that depression back. God did not put the spirit of fear in you.

You might want to talk to someone professional and work through your fear of failure. It won't be easy, but you will be happier when you can let go of things that may happen and work on things that interest you whether or not you're already skilled.

When you're ready to take that first step you can also try /ic/'s Last Artist Standing thread. It's a good external motivator to draw every day, and level doesn't really matter.

I'm sorry you're having a bad year, OP. It won't always be like this.

>tried suicide once
>immediately make changes
>take a new course
>changed career and fly out in a week to a new job and a new life on the 31st

>Try and find the beauty in things

Love it when normies say things like this
>There's oxygen in water mate, just breath it in.

Go out and confront your insecurities whatever they may be, weightlifting doesn't fix your depression, it's just a temporary fix of dopamine.

How did you know which way to go?

At the moment I'm completely immobile, I have no idea what I want to do. I graduated in Accounting and worked in it for a year, lost my job and now I've just been sat at my computer for 10 months, only leaving the house to buy food. I can't stand the idea of working a 9-5 in an office for the rest of my life, I'd rather end it, and I have no money to start something of my own, and if I did, I have no idea what I'd do.

Honestly, for the last couple of years, even while at uni I knew this would happen, I only see suicide as the way out. Skip the 40-60 years of misery and end it now. couple minutes with pure nitrogen and I'd wouldn't even know it happened. Only thing stopping me is my completely unstable parents, it'd fuck my close family up, thankfully I have no friends to upset though. When I run out of money I'd pretty much have no choice.

Maximize your testosterone levels. Meditate.

How?

Best thing to do is realise that what you're feeling is also how everyone else feels. That although , yes, you feel alone, everyone else also battles it and goes through it. Some are just better hiding it, and some are better at fighting it.

I would suggest reading first. Read some philosophy, maybe some basic Jungian sort of stuff, some basic buhdism. Sure it sounds whack, but you'll soon realise that you, and everyone else, is depressed because they're searching for something that is within themselves. and the self is alone.
you've already started a search by asking this forum. "What can I do as well as?"

Well, widen up. Read, write, draw, lift, learn. You need to focus on something you're passionate about. Herman hesse helped me. read siddhartha, or read "the alchemist" by Paulo coelho.

Listen to inspirational music. look up a dude called atlas on soundcloud. Realise though that are making it, are doing it for themselves because they have felt what you are feeling, and making sure they never feel it again. Fight that shit.

>tfw I have ran out of money

suicide is in the very near future once my final items of food are eaten in my apartment

>won't always be like this

Kek I thought that too a few years ago but it's only gotten way worse

don't be fat, sleep 8h+, drink a lot water, take enough zinc and vitamin D, drop coffee, only masturbate once per week.

How old are you?

In a rush so can't go into detail or be bothered to find citations (there are plenty though, Google it) but the reason the male suicide rate is so high among middle-aged men, with a smaller peak in the late 20s/early 30s, is likely due to a drop in testosterone levels, at least in part anyway. Obviously other factors come into play too, but I digress.

I'll probably get shit from stupid brainwashed Americans for saying this, but if you're going to the gym, and want to get big, perhaps consider a low-level cruise on some steroids. Nothing mental, just some Test-E.

Not only will it work wonders at the gym, and get your strength and size back on track, it'll also do wonders with your mental health.

There's actually quite a growing movement among medical professionals that treating men suffering with severe depression using Test is far safer and more effective than using SSRIs.