Where can I learn more about the HRE in the eighteenth century and the years before its collapse...

Where can I learn more about the HRE in the eighteenth century and the years before its collapse, as well the the surviving German states until they united?
Does Veeky Forums even have HREboos?
Also, I especially want to learn about the lives of the average princes and other nobles.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_road
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Anyone?
You know, this HRE flag looks sort-of like a libertarian flag, with the yellow and black.

>
>
>

Fuck off, Frenchie.

>

Anyone at all?

Peter Wilson's "The Heart of Europe" is a generally history of the empire. There's a good mix of medieval and early modern stuff, but be warned its thick.

So I should read that first?

>should i read it first
No you should force it up your ass

I'm an Austria-boo (Gondor of Europe, the non-autistic culturally creative Germans) so I've been a mid to late HREboo by connection.

Sorry, I don't share your hobbies, other than Veeky Forums.
Tell me about them.

>oooooh buuuuuurn

A shitty insult deserves a shitty response.
"No you should force it up your ass" isn't exactly a hot burn, itself.

Makes sense, considering the HRE was the closest you had in the early modern period to a libertarian paradise.

>implying
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_road

All you need to know about the HRE is the foundation, so Carolingian Empire to Otto the Great.
Then Barbarossa, followed by every single person who BTFO the HRE.
That ends with Napoleon.

Probably the worst meme in history.

t. G*rman/Törk

No just an American history buff that finds the quotation destructive and also wildly inaccurate.

Hahahahahaha

The World View of the Holy Roman Empire is displayed with 40 figures on the 14th-century fountain located on Nuremberg's main market:

It is displayed there by:

- Philosophy (represented by Socrates) and the Seven Liberal Arts: Grammar (Donatus), Rhetoric (Cicero), Dialectic (Aristoteles), Arithmetic (Nicomachus), Geometry (Euclid), Music (Pythagoras) and Astronomy (Ptolemy).

- The Four Evangelists: Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

- The Four Great Church Fathers: Ambrose, Jerome the Great, Augustine and Gregory the Great.

- The seven Prince-electors of the Empire: the Archbishop of Mainz, the Archbishop of Trier, the Archbishop of Cologne, the King of Bohemia, the Count Palatine of the Rhine, the Duke of Saxony and the Margrave of Brandenburg.

- The Nine Worthies: Charlemagne, King Arthur, Godfrey of Bouillon, Julius Caesar, Hector of Troya, Alexander the Great, King David, Joshua and Judas Maccabeus.

- Moses and seven Prophets: Hosea, Daniel, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Amos, Isaiah and Joel.

This world view is surrounded by the seven vices: pride, envy, anger, laziness, greed, gluttony and lust and also by Adebar as a lucky charm.

The HRE wasn´t a national state as how we would see it today. Its inhabitants considered it to a God-given-order or law. Renewals were not considered or desired.

The emperor derived power from god and pope
It is a continuation of the mighty empire in its purest form
And it is the largest empire in Europe for 400 years

The only empire for about 900 years