Your gym

Are they any weird people or interesting experiences you've had at your gym

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/b04QbFihdgo?t=1m
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This happened at my old gym, I moved to a new one a while ago.

There was this guy, absolute skinniest skeleton I've ever seen. Was about 6' but must have weighed like 130lbs.
He always did the most retarded exercises. Some bullybois actually secretly recorded him and posted them in facebook groups.

For example. pic related. He loaded 12 plate onto a dip machine. Literally just moved his shoulders up and down to simulate movement, the machine didn't move an inch. Did same thing with shrugs. Loaded a barbell on the rack pins with like 6pl8 a side, then proceeded to shrugs his body up and down without the weight actually moving.

Then there is this. The pinnacle of his wtf.

youtu.be/b04QbFihdgo?t=1m

Max weight on the pulldown weight stack. Having his son deadlift the stack, (almost getting his foot crushed under it) and some other guy helping pull the handle down also.

Strange guy.

He was probably really into lifting before he got cancer and became a skelly at the hands of chemo. Now his sons help him relive the past.

Someone actually asked him if he was ill with cancer.

Apparently not. He's just a fuckin anomoly.

Some old black dude creeps on everybody and dances around. But I guess thats what I get for going to planet fitness

this guy at my gym lays right in the middle of the floor behind the squat racks, puts his arms behind his back with a 10lb dumbbell by his side and asks random people passing by to press it into his back
>can't make this shit up

A guy at my gym just literally screams. Whatever exercise, whatever weight, he will always scream it out. He's about 35, got a fresh cut, tight compression shorts and the tightest shirt you could imagine. Also i have never seen him work out lower body.

I walked into the men's locker room and the first thing I saw was an old Asian man spreading his ass cheeks in front of a hand dryer. Pretty sure this is normal at your gym, right?

this happened today btw

that music is so fucking annoying

I got one, there's a super pale cardio bro that goes to ours. Cardio, more cardio then does a few leg machines followed by cardio. The weird thing is he will literally grab a chair, sit down in from of his locker after workout, bare ass naked mind you, and drink some post workout shit. For about 5 to 10 minutes. I've been calling him the Pale Lounger.

>Pale Lounger

I keked

There is some 20 something year old guy that's lost a huge amount of weight looks great now but he talks to himself in the corner and laughs hysterically his lifts are impressive but everyone is kind of weirded out to talk to him

School gym so mostly college fags and some professors here and there. But there was this one dude, he looked too old to be a student (maybe phd) and young to be a prof here.

I never saw him lifting, but he always wore typical shorts and shirt with a formal blazer on top at the gym. And he would bike for like an hour and leave. Some days he would have a loose necktie as well. Im still curious why he dressed like such an autist

This one guy sometimes comes to the gym really late and just uses the mirror to look at himself swinging around nunchucks. No joke, thats all he does

This thread was made for me.

>guy at the gym, he has severe aspergers or some sort of learning difficulty
>Always wears football (soccer) socks up to his knees, and a blue coat, same thing everyday
>speaks like typical tard, but seemed harmless enough
>in the weights section with a barbell on the back of his head, facing the floor, and lifting his head against the weight
>it must be neck day
>me and a couple of eastern europeans are looking at this guy like WHAT THE FUCK
>literally just raising his neck against a barbell with 20kg plates
>"hey bro, you ok, you might hurt yourself"
>tard is triggered
>LEAVE ME ALONE! LEAVE LEAVE LEAVE LEAVE LEAVE
>i walk over, "hey hes only trying to help man, we dont wanna see you injured its nothing to do with you being..."
>tard is about to go full super saiyan, furiously keeps lifting head against weight
>me and eastern european bro dont know to laugh, and just stare at tard
>"this fucking country man"

>you'll never brolift till go full triforce like this

This happened yesterday:

>doing high-bar squats
>get down to last set, finish, take a step back to un-rack
>Ukrainian guy in Bodybuilding.com tank walks up to me
>"You. Good squat. But bar up high, no good. I teach you squat. Watch, do as I do."
>whatisthisshit.jpg, but go along with it
>takes off some plates, down to 20kg, low bar squats
>"See? Like me, you do. Don't want snap back you in hospital. Go ahead. Try. I watch. I spot."
>put back my weight, low-bar squat
>rock back on the bottom, almost off-balance myself and eat shit, save it
>manage to squeeze out a full set
>"Good, comrade. I am proud. You now know how squat good form."
>quickly shuffle away to go to bench press

>lifting his head against the weight

What the fuck

its fucking insane bro.

imagine your about to squat, but instead of resting the barbell on your traps, your face is facing the floor, and the weight is literally on your head, and then you raise your head against the bar. just think about how quickly this tard is gonna be in a wheelchair. i tried to help.

The use of comrade really makes this.
Is it like the Slav equivalent of bro or dude?

Pretty much. I guess he thought we were brothers of lifting or some shit.

No. And almost nobody says "comrade" unless they're playing into stereotypes for fun.

I've been going to a new gym in a largely black city, and some of the things that I see I thought only existed in memes.

>sitting around on the floor eating fast food
>people rapping
>carrying around dufflebags filled to the brim with trash and bottles
>wearing singlets while doing DB flyes
>talking on the phone while repping on machines

A recurring event..
>group of 4 men and 2 women rotating on one rack doing pause squats w/ safety bars
>at the bottom of the movement, rests the bar on the safeties, dips further down to gain momentum, then fully smashes the weight back into their back to "lift" it
>The ones not lifting are lying down on the floor, eating fast food
>it looks like a Trayvon "die-in"
>heartrending screams on each rep
>They've done the same weight for 5 weeks now (135lbs to 160lbs, depending on person)

It doesn't bother me so much as amuses me. It's just a different lifting culture. The people are friendly and I genuinely wish them the best.

is your gym an YMCA? if so yes

>eating fast food on the floor
>constant rapping

I just don't get it

I live in nyc and it still boggles my mind

>he dries his hands with the ass dryer

I work out at a college gym
there were two kebab girls fighting once.
also the radio is usually tuned to soul radio.

Phew, no mention of me here.

I do but I keep my stories for gym story saturday on r/fitness, at least more people read them and enjoy them.

I'm in Brooklyn

>he dries his ass with the bacteria incubator

srs. warm and moist is perfect for growing all kinds of shit. might as well just lick the toilet bowl if you use the blow drier.

He probably posted a thread on Veeky Forums later about dyels trying to correct his form at the gym

>>it must be neck day
kek

Bronx here. I don't see this kind of shit at all, though that might be because my gym mostly consists of Hispanic people.

Only ''weird'' guy we have is a roided out manlet who comes in, goes straight to the weights and loudly grunts from start to finish. Once he is done he jumps on the crosstrainer and goes crazy for 15 minutes.

Other than that we just have the obligatory indians in polo shirts looking at the girls

any one know of the barbarian brothers? well peter palpin goes to my gym, dude is nuttier than squirrel shit, fucking dresses like a literally pirate and screams all the time. Hes still pretty jacked though so no one bothers him.