Gastric Bypass

So I am in the preflight for a gastric bypass, a couple months away from surgery. What should I expect?
'0"
lb
>>Workout 3-4 times a week, mostly cardio, core, leg. Have to go easy on upper body because of separated shoulder.
>>Add bulk very easily, but have a hard time dropping fat.
>>Fat my whole life, except for a brief peroid when I ate 1000 cal a day and worked out 2 hours a day
>>Sit-On-My-Ass job
>>Avoid sugar and fried foods (mostly) Could use more vegetables. Drink LOTS of fluids.
>>Could use more sleep.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gastric_bypass_surgery#Complications
youtube.com/watch?v=aqf8NwIul2c
youtube.com/watch?v=5F5o0a4p_3U
intensivedietarymanagement.com/fix-broken-metabolism/
youtube.com/watch?v=_evJd_iZZzs
today.com/health/man-loses-56-pounds-after-eating-only-mcdonalds-six-months-2D79329158
nbcnews.com/id/8916080/ns/health-fitness/t/woman-says-mcdonalds-diet-took-weight/#.V5Eh-vkrKUk
intensivedietarymanagement.com/first-law-thermodynamics-irrelevant/
blogs.spectator.co.uk/2015/04/ignore-the-quackery-and-get-active/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

A lot of stomach pain for a few weeks. You'll fill up faster so you have to eat nutritious food as often as possible

How soon can I go back to exercising, even just light cardio like walking or cycling?

You'll be good for light exercise after a month, maybe even sooner, build up to going balls to the wall as your body lets you. consult your surgeon about this.

an incredible amount of pain, reduced protein absorption, hair loss, loose skin, and you'll gain it all plus some back cause you are taking a short cut and not learning how to develop good eating habits

are you speaking from personal experience?

op, what's your problem with cutting?

He's speaking from what is plain to see in everyone who tries shortcuts with weightloss. I dont need to get stabbed to see that it clearly must hurt like a bitch.

I've lost 90 pounds the normal way, was 306, today I'm 217ish. Still working. Honestly I did start the EC stack once I got my blood pressure checked (220ish) though, haven't seen anything crazy in the past few days. It has reduced my appetite though. I'm 6'2" btw

congrats brah

Are you using bronkaid?

I'm using primatene, but im using off brand tabs. I haven't been using tablet caffeine, I use espresso powder for the most part. I might be retarded for not quantifying the caffeine dosage though.

Honestly, I fucking love food. I think about food to a distracting amount. I usually manage to avoid the worst foods (sugars, fast food, etc) but I still have a HUGE appetite, and a very sedentary job.
The biggest appeal of the bypass for me was the decreased appetite. The decreased distraction of thinking about food. Its been 40 years of this shit, and I'm not going to willpower it away. Not in any meaningful, long term way.
The sad thing is, I work my ass off at teh gym to MAINTAIN 325 lbs. I can say with confidence I work harder at the gym that most -if not all the people I see there. I'm there when they arrive, I'm there when they leave. I don't stop to fuck around on my phone. I push myself to the vomit wall nearly every time I go, and I backslide like a motherfucker if I miss more than a couple days.

So you haven't done it yet and can cancel? I'd advise against doing body modifications as a shortcut. Alteration on your body is never good and you'll prob gain the fat back afterwards. Just download myfitnesspal and count your fucking calories. Don't eat fast food. Cook your own meals with healthy stuff. Or continue eating like shit and jut eat less of the shit and you'll STILL LOSE WEIGHT.

You have mental problems.with food op. Getting surgery wont solve this. You need a psychologist, not a surgeon. You're just going to get fat again after the surgery because you're not addressing the root cause of your fat problem, you. Shortcuts are pathetic and unnecessary.

I knew three people that had this procedure done. All of them died within 3 years of the surgery, so I feel confident in saying that you can expect to die.

Or you can fix your mind, eat less, move more and enjoy your new health.

If you can handle the prefight you ought to be able to go all the way without the surgery.

I'd never want to undergo a surgery like that myself.

So, you've given up. You say you have no self control and yet again take the easy road and are going ahead with a potentially dangerous surgery. You think that the only thing that will get you to lose weight is having no ability to consume loads of shitty food. I'm telling you that when your stomach stretches out in a couple of years you will get fat again. You are pathetic for quitting on the easiest task in the world: literary doing nothing and watching the weight just melt away.

A guy I know had an infection in his stomach and my moms friend is fat again because her eating habits are horrible

Who thought this is a good idea
What happened to the Hippocratic Oath

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gastric_bypass_surgery#Complications

OP just eat less FFS

Where'd you pick it up? I get paid friday and might as well try it out, but I'm always unsure of what to ask for or where to ask for it.

Don't do it, senpai!

My homeboy's wife got this surgery when it was new...still a fatass years later. She roped hubby into getting it last year...he's lost some weight really fast but is still a fatass.

Exercise like you been doing and eat right instead. Fuck getting yourself butchered.

You're doing good to avoid the sugar but fried foods don't mean shit if you don't eat too much. Cut but don't eliminate your carbs (that's what gets you with the fried foods)

At 325 your BMR is about 2500 calories and your TDEE is closer to 3000. This means if you can keep it around 2000 to 2500 calories you're golden. You can drink beer and eat ice cream and still keep it under those numbers.

Don't be a chump.

Yeah, pretty much. I do have self control but exercises that self control is fucking exhausting. Tamping down an ever-present compulsion is fucking exhausting.
I work 14 hours a day to provide for my family. That is not going to change.
I work out 3-4 times a week, about 90-120 minutes a pop. But every day I get a little older and it gets less effective.
So to my original point, its not whether or not I am going to do it. I AM going to do it, Veeky Forums quackery aside. For my whole life I have battled my own fucking nature over this problem, and its been a war of attrition. So now I am going to rewrite that nature or die trying.

My daily is around 2000, give or take. Portion control has been my big battle the past couple of years, and I've made some solid improvements there. I don't drink alcohol, pretty much ever.
But every improvement I make is weighed against age and my gradually slowing metabolism. I'm 42, and while I don't feel "old" I definitely don't have the energy and resilience I had in my 20s.

Dude
If you want to lose weight
Go to a good grappling school (judo/wrestling) instead of gym/every day
And do crap like hill sprints twice a day
It will burn much more kcal than lifting.

There's nothing on here I didn't know already and nothing that concerns me too much. Every doctor I've met with usually has concerns for bed ridden saddies that have to removed by forklift, not younger active adults.

I don't do lifting often. My separated shoulder doesn't like excessive weight. Most of the weight training I do is focused on legs, as I have heard adding muscle mass to legs helps metabolism (more mass to add, and muscles you use more often.)
I most do interval cardio. I try to switch up the machines I use so I don't get to comfortable, and I mix in swimming when I can.

Eat less. Think about eating less.

Also

all that shit you read about jogging on a treadmill for 30 minutes burns 1000 calories is bullshit

everything I've ever read about how much calories you burn in cardio is complete bullshit compared to what it actually is

you don't burn hardly any calories in a hour of lifting weights

most people will burn something like 200 calories at the pace they go in cardio

"real" cardio that burns a lot of calories is really, really fucking hard.

and then you do a hour of cardio with your HR averaging 90% of your max and you eat a donut and all that work is for nothing.

eat less. work harder.

it is that simple.

you have to get over all the victim shit. slow metabolism.

doctors are not to be trusted.
they see you as a paycheck.

nice, a-any tips user? 270 6'3 cutting atm

What some people dont get is that food is an addiction for some people. It's literally like you're saying "I honestly just love alcohol/heroin/smoking". You need to break your addiction of junk food before you can lose weight.

I think its probably actually healthy to be called a fat sack of shit
it provides motivation to stop being one

thats kind of how i quit smoking
i just cultured people around me saying im disgusting for smoking and im disgusting physically and centered on that
became obsessed with biking and now im a skeleton

A surgery will NOT fix this. You will eat the same amount and be putting it directly in your intestines. You are going to fuck yourself up and die.

You better not be UK fat fucks like you costing taxpayer money is why I hate fat people is it so hard to have a little discipline?

Instead of mutilating yourself and probably killing yourself when you still keep eating despite no longer having the capacity why not try getting mental health help from a professional to help you learn some discipline or get past the emotional issues which are causing your eating disorder?

I have cut out almost all junk food from my life. It is a rare treat at this point (ie. holidays) My larger battle is portion size. I usually eat 2-3 boiled eggs for breakfast every morning, but I could easily eat 8-10 before I felt truly full. I would honestly like to feel truly full at 2-3.

I know quite a few people who have had some sort of bariatric surgery, and all of them have kept the weight off for years, even decades.

Part of the preflight for bariatric surgery is 6 months with a nutritionist and with a psychologist. While you might learn a couple of useful tips or recipes, neither were helpful in any meaningful way.

Sister and mother both had the surgery done.

Mother was 340lbs - ish. Is 200 now. She had complications. The day after surgery they kept her in the hospital to make sure everything was okay, sent her home. She started having pain and trouble breathing. She had to be taken via helicopter back to the hospital and spent a month in ICU barely alive, then 8 months in a hospital bed after that. She lost an insane amount of fat and now has ridiculous loose skin because of the liquid-only diet she had to be tube fed for a year. She also has several belly-button like scar holes in her chest/stomach for drainage and feeding tubes. Today, she can't eat any dairy products without intense pain and vomitting. She can't eat more than half a hot dog without cramping and sweating. She regrets not going the traditional way of weight loss and admits she took the easy way out and was punished for it.

My sister was 400lbs and had to turn sideways to fit through doors. On the opposite end of the spectrum, her surgery went relatively fine. She had a few scares after with heart and chest pains. Her first pregnancy a year after the surgery did a number on her and almost lost the baby. But now she's pretty okay, can eat most foods without a problem and in decent quantities.

IMO unless you're 800lbs and immobile, you should just lose weight through diet and exercise. It's better for you as a person to learn that discipline and willpower.

Pic related, my sister's before and after

you aren't supposed to be eating until you feel "truly full" or even a little full, only until you aren't starving anymore. Even then limit it to 3 meals a day. You're obese, your ideas and solutions obviously aren't working so listen to people who have been there and done that already. It's great that you're working to make a change, but step 1 is acknowledging that you cant feel "truly full" even if you want to. Your stomach is stretched out, that's why you can eat that much food. Just because your stomach is bigger doesn't mean you need to fill it to be getting the nutrients you need for the day.

You need a fucking therapist not a surgeon. If someone can't lose weight either their diet is out of control or they're incapable of asserting control of their diet.

The stomach thing is a fair point. Again, why I've been focusing on portion size the past couple of years.

See, here's the thing- I did diet and exercise. 1000 calories a day for 3 years. 2 hours of exercise 6 days a week for 3 years. I got down to 212 lbs.

That was when I was mid 20s, single and self employed. Now I am 42, married, 2 kids and my own business to run. Under the optimum conditions, I got to 212.
What the fuck am I supposed to do under much worse conditions?
Again, this post was not about whether or not I should. That is a foregone conclusion.

Here's a way instead of surgery. DON'T EAT. Literally that's it. It's the same thing you tell a smoker is don't smoke. Shits simple as fuck dude just don't be weak and shitty.

LMAO sometimes I forget this place is Veeky Forums.

Do gastric bypass then if you really want to, but you realize how much of a massive chance there is that you're going to be fucked up for the rest of your life, right? You already seem to have it made, who the fuck cares if you're overweight lmao. you're old, why not just live life how you want to. If you really desire a healthier life gastric bypass isn't the way, it'll most likely fuck up things for you and your family. Either eat healthy and diet (1000 calories a day and exercising is ridic unless you're a 4'11 female) or don't bother at all.

Why tf would you do this?
Just get into ketosis...
I lost 28lb in a month.

youtube.com/watch?v=aqf8NwIul2c

Cutting calories is the worst thing you could have done. Dude, read about the ketogenic diet, you must get into KETOSIS. See the video above tihs comment.

This comment is pure ignorance.
FAT makes you feel full, that's the ONLY thing that triggers the hormones for satiatey without overeating and stuffing yourself with 20lb of food each meal.

oh you're right, eat a stick of butter with each meal anons! Replace salad for steak, i-it works im srs!!

I lost 200lbs through dietary control and exercise.

It took ~5 years.

Expect to be regarded as someone who would rather cut out his own stomach than simply eat less.

You're an idiot. Watch the video instead of bitching, there's huge amounts of scientific data on this.

OP, either you do the surgery which means cutting of healthy organs, or you watch a 1h video that will save your life.

Pick one.

Honestly, if it wasn't for dumb little quality of life things, I probably wouldn't sweat it. Buying clothes sucks. Flying coach sucks. Not fitting on a roller coaster seat sucks.
I will check out this ketosis shit tho.

Good choice.
I promise you this, if you stick with ketosis, which is easy as fuck as I've been obese my entire life with diabetic sympotms, you will cancel the surgery.

Give it 1 month.
You will feel fucking amazing.
Google "Dr Jason Fung"
You wont regret it.

All praise be to Jesus Christ.

And you never lost weight with calorie reduction because:

If you eat 3000 calories per day and reduce it down to 1000 for a month, your BMR which burned 3000 calories in a month will now only burn 1000 calories. So anything above 1000 calories if you eat it = you gain weight.

I've been there, done that.
I ran for 3 hours every single day for months. Literally 3 hours, not fake numbers.
I still had a fat stomach.

Ketosis.
0 workout.
Lost 28lb in a MONTH.

I am not selling you shit, I am telling you the truth.
You're insulin resistant. Which means even when you do not eat, you're not losing weight.

Check out Reddit Keto, this is probably the best day of your life OP.

how about you just take control of your diet rather than doing some fucking retard-grade surgery that literally limits the amount of food you could stuff in your disgusting face?
is this really what you want? Some fucking surgery to decide when you can stop eating?
How about you just count your calories like an intelligent person who wants to lose weight?
or is that too unamerican for you?
enjoy your surgery complications because you have zero control of your life, diet and probably don't make any decisions outside of what immediately make you comfortable or happy.
immediate gratification is 2 powaphul, how can I stop, doctah?!!?
I swear, you fucking people
>READ THE STICKY
>sage goes in all fields

user you were talking to before here, I lost 13 pounds on keto in 7 days. It works but it sucks at times, some people have more energy and some people have 0 energy while doing keto. Weird crazy idea: not all diets work for everyone!! Some people can't eat 0-20 carbs a day, gorge on cholestorol and fats and still lose weight and have energy.

325 lbs is a bmr of over 2.9kcal to maintain
what the fuck is wrong with you
"work my ass off to maintain"
are you fucking serious?
"work harder than the people at the gym"
dude who fucking cares, your caloric intake is too great, that's the bottom line you imbecile
do you know where we are?
your lies fall on deaf ears, brah
it's pointless to lie on the internet, brah
read the sticky, brah
go read scooby's shit and use his tdee calculator

You don't have energy because it takes more than a week to get KETO ADAPTED.

It takes 2-6 weeks, depending on the person.
This "diet" is what every single human being should be in. Ketosis = natural state of man. Your body wants to burn fat, most humans burn sugar.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

I eat 3000+ calories per day on the keto diet, I lost 28lb and I do not workout. At all. I sit at the computer doing my job 12h a day.

THE CALORIE DECEPTION by Jason Fung

youtube.com/watch?v=5F5o0a4p_3U

Here is real science. Not your opinion.

I did the diet for 2 months straight, I'm talking about the first week. Can you keto babies stop samefagging and present real arguments instead? Enjoy having ridic cholesterol and ruining your liver by 50. Keto is a crash diet and those aren't good.

Lmao, my cholesterol is better than my doctors.
You don't know shit.
Ketosis = burn saturated fats = it is impossible for them to build up in your body.

Enjoy your dumb as fuck non-science.

hahaha
1,000 calories a day for three years?
are you a 60 lb golden retriever?
don't get surgery if you haven't even taken the first step toward recovery, learning about nutrition! (1,000 calories couldn't sustain my pets, much less an obese male adult)
take a class! a local community college offers general nutrition courses that could help educate you on what is and isn't healthy for you.
seriously tho, read the sticky

>This "diet" is what every single human being should be in. Ketosis = natural state of man

This is a huge load of bullshit. People from different regions had massively different diets and all of which suffered from health problems related to their diets. It's impossible to eat like ancient people did because the food you have access to is completely different.

Any type of cut = burn fats you retard lmfao, ketosis isn't the only way to burn fat nor is it the most efficient for the effort you need to put in and the strain it puts on your body. Are you really telling an obese 42 year old man to eat MORE fats and meats and less fruits and veggies? that's literally going to kill him lol, jesus christ you stupid skelly keto babies know nothing about weight loss.

how much weight does your sister keep now?

Carbs turn to sugar.
Too much protein turn to sugar.
Fat does not turn to sugar.
Sugar = blood sugar increase.
Blood sugar increase = insulin
Insulin too often and too high = insulin resistance.
Insulin resistance = obesity, sickness etc.

That's the jist of it. Research, don't, it's up to you but I have given you the secret of the losing weight shit now. And I am proof of it working which is why I hate seeing a human being like OP turn to cutting off healthy organs to lose weight for a year only to gain it back + more in 2-3 years.

This is the type of talk an ignorant cunt goes on about. Yes, I am telling him to eat 80% of his diet in fats, and less than 5% in carbs.

Lol, ketosis isn't the best way to burn fat... LOL. It's the ONLY way the body burns fat you fucking dingus.

lol what? you're only in ketosis if you're below 20-40 carbs a day, are you saying every other person in the world who has done a regular diet and lost fat is a liar and was secretly doing keto? Cant tell if bait or not anymore

are you...are you retarded?
what are you talking about?
are you saying that you live with a diet that's 10-80g in carbohydrates per day?
that's fine, and that's going to obviously encourage keto, but I wasn't really saying keto wasn't an appropriate diet for weight loss.
back to your reply tho;
by wrong, do you mean observing calories and eating less than his tdee he won't lose weight because of (insert magic)?

Carbs turn to sugar.
Too much protein turn to sugar.
Fat does not turn to sugar.
Sugar = blood sugar increase.
Blood sugar increase = insulin
Insulin too often and too high = insulin resistance.
Insulin resistance = obesity, sickness etc.

Some people who are not insulin resistant can eat more carbs than others. OP is fucking insulin resistant. The emo in skinny jeans who eats mcdonalds every fucking day is not insulin resistant and thus goes into ketosis much easier. OP would never go into ketosis if he ate the healthiest fucking diet any major health / nutrient organization in the world would suggest.

Insulin is literally the key to losing fat.

If my insulin is 50 and a skinny persons in 5.
And you only burn fat when it's below 10.
I would NEVER lose weight.

If I eat something my insulin spikes to 180.
A skinny persons spikes to 40 and in 2-3 hours goes back to 5.

Do the research.

fuck you.

I have done the research lol, and you're an idiot who must have not taken 9th grade bio yet. Ketosis is ONLY good for quick, short term weight loss. not for sustained weight loss from healthy, balanced eating.

Fucking loser, with fake ass tips.

intensivedietarymanagement.com/fix-broken-metabolism/

A man who lived with the fucking snow people up in some fucking cold place ate nothing but fat and eat, 0 veggies, 0 vegetables and didn't have any sympomts of any disease.

He then later came fucking back to the USA and did the same shit under supervision by doctors in a mental insitution, yes they watched him 24/7 for 5 years and he was healthier than you are.

So fuck you and your fake nonsense tips that will send people into the hospital. Cunt.

BREAKING NEWS: EATING HEALTHIER WITH LOTS OF FRUITS AND VEGGIES WILL SEND YOU TO THE HOSPITAL!!

KETO IS THE ONLY WAY TO NOT DIE!!

are you actually fucking retarded? aspergian? which one?

I'm not the guy you're replying to
but please stop posting disinformation on a fitness board
when in a state of keto you're denying your body the carbohydrates it needs to form the atp chain to fuel your body, your nerve cells, your brain, etc.
we're gonna make this really simple and not get too into it, but;
in order to make up for this missing link, it needs two things: one part protein, one part fat, and it really is that simple. the atp chain is complete. however, the hormones that activate this process will just as readily remove it from your muscles as your fat stores, and that's why it's simply a crash diet and not something that's followed to the letter for years running. you need some source of carbohydrates so you're not cannibalizing first pathways.
true keto is dangerous, and ill-advised for long periods
low carb diets are very different, which many people are pitching as 'keto'.
so it's kind of hard to agree with you because i'm not sure which one you're pitching

You think the people who live in iglos grow vegetables. They fucking eat 80% of their diet in fat.

I eat 100g at least of FAT daily.
I eat 70-100g of protein and less than 20g of carbs.

I haven't had veggies for a month.
My vision is clearer.
I feel clearer in the head.
Every fucking thing about me is better.
My blood is perfect.
I lack no nutrition.

Fuck you again.

>too much protein
turns
to
glucose?
MOM
STOP
POSTING

>38003331
Hhahahaha, LOL. It's the EXACT opposite. No carbs = muscle GAIN. Let me find the RESEARCH and SCIENCE that disprove what you just said.

I have gained over 2lb of lean mass and lost 28lb. You cunts say it's impossible to lose weight and gain muscle. I fucking did it. So have many others.

youtube.com/watch?v=_evJd_iZZzs

Check mate.

>No carbs = muscle GAIN
confirmed bait lmao. do keto if you want to shock your liver and kidneys, or you could just start eating less food and healthier and lose weight like a normal fucking human being.

Wow I guess all those rice eating asian fucks in the east are more obese than westerners right? Those poor rice farmers all got obese because they weren't enlightened by keto memes and taught to eat like the ancestors of other regions. With rice as a staple of their diet they must have the highest rates of diabetes in the world due to the carb equation you postulated.

oh wait they don't

>Lol, ketosis isn't the best way to burn fat... LOL. It's the ONLY way the body burns fat you fucking dingus.

Is keto your fucking religion or something? I lost 25lbs and 3 inches off my waistline in 3 months with a trash diet full of fast food & pizza buffets but I still did some cardio, lifting and maintained a 500 calorie defect.

Caloric restriction without resorting to a meme diet is a perfectly viable way to lose weight and works for many people.

today.com/health/man-loses-56-pounds-after-eating-only-mcdonalds-six-months-2D79329158

nbcnews.com/id/8916080/ns/health-fitness/t/woman-says-mcdonalds-diet-took-weight/#.V5Eh-vkrKUk

I have already addressed calorie restriction.
You lose weight for a short period of time.
I promise you, you'll gain it all back.
No it's not my religion, I don't want to see OP destroy his life with your fucking shit advice.

>Fat does not turn to sugar.
Fat can be turned into glucose, a simple sugar.
The process is called gluconeogenesis.
This only happens if you're completely depleted of carbs, i'm just letting you know.

OP here. I've got a few months of preflight shit before I could even set a surgery date, so I will give this ketosis a go.
Thanks for the input and... motivational insults? I guess? Anyhow, got a couple of nice steaks to go grill for the famalam.

i fucking took the bait
what the fuck
i thought this was a real thread

Plese get on a mcdonalds diet.
Please.
We'll compare blood samples in just a month.

It's way more than 2000, otherwise you'd be losing weight. You can fool yourself, but you can't fool thermodynamics.

Facepalm.

intensivedietarymanagement.com/first-law-thermodynamics-irrelevant/

Why the first law of thermodynamics is irrelevant.
Did you finish grade 5?

>sample size of 1
Some people can smoke for their whole life, not get cancer or health issues connected to it and live to 100. Does that mean that smokes should be prescribed to literally everyone?

You're the dumbfuck giving shit advice here.

I know. It's scientifically insignificant compared to meat and carbs.

Dude, you don't know shit about ketosis and you make such stupid fucking comments... :S I'm out soon, instead of learning the science behind it you all just fucking comment with your balanced diet bullshit...?

Fuck you then, enjoy your mediocre gains and your shit health.

but..but he's talking about a low carb diet
are all low carb diets called keto now?
ketone bodies do the same thing, whether or not you're in 'starvation ketosis' (the video's coined term) or ketoacidosis, whether or not your ketone density is .5 ppm 3.0ppm , or 10+.
they break muscle down.
they break fat down.
they turn it into the missing glucose, which turns into atp.
this atp keeps the lights on, upstairs.
this is a short term thing, baby
this is not something you're doing 'all the time'
low carb diets encourage the .5, 1.5 ketone density area, which he talks about in the video

nowhere does he say anything that contradicts anything that I've said
>I'm in a bait thread and I can't wake up

wouldn't hurt to count your calories with your meal
bro.
the one keto bro advocating a low carb diet
and the three bros telling you to count your cals
are giving you valid advice
don't do the surgery, just have some self control

this guy is trolling
he's trying to kill the fat guy
>DUDE EAT AS MUCH AS YOU WANT DONT COUNT CALS JUST GO LOW CARB EAT 10kCAL BUT NO CARBS YOU'LL LOSE WEIGHT MAN

"They break muscle down."

Kek.

Should I send you a link that disproves that and in fact shows you gain muscle and that ketones protect lean muscle mass? :^)

If I wasn't a private person I'd share my health info with all of you. I had fucking asthma. Pre-diabetic. Always hungry, even right after I ate a big meal but felt full at the same time.

1 month of being in ketosis.
No asthma.
No signs of diabetes, but the reverse.
No muscle loss, but in fact I gained 2lb of lean muscle. (I have done ZERO working out on this diet, none. because I hate it and I'm a fat fuck and lazy.)

My blood is better than my doctors. He's a healthy 30's guy who worksout and eats his balanced diet.

yeah
I'm a med student
you're a bro
I'll discredit your article or help you read it
and save the fat guy you're telling that he needs to ignore his kcals

>Dr. Stephen Phinney

>You may have heard the news that the nation’s doctors have had a change of heart about physical activity and no longer believe it to be a sensible way of staying slim. Don’t be too quick to put your feet up. All is not as it seems.

>The doctors responsible (or, arguably, irresponsible) for this claim are Aseem Malhotra, Tim Noakes, and Stephen Phinney.

>Stephen Phinney, the other co-author, is a scientific advisory board member of Atkins – as in the Atkins Diet – and has written several books extolling the low-carb way of life.

>Together they wrote a short editorial for the niche British Journal of Sports Medicine, in which they made the striking and unambiguous claim that ‘physical activity does not promote weight loss’. They then praised the alleged virtues of fat and called for legislation to clamp down on carbohydrates, especially sugar.

blogs.spectator.co.uk/2015/04/ignore-the-quackery-and-get-active/

>No muscle loss, but in fact I gained 2lb of lean muscle. (I have done ZERO working out on this diet, none. because I hate it and I'm a fat fuck and lazy.)

You're either going through puberty, trolling or both.

A doc not trained in nutrition.
Says he wants to save a bro, by counting calories.

Do you know what BMR is?
Do you know that if you eat 3000 calories your BMR burns 3000 calories?
Do you know that if you restrict calories and only burn half that, your BMR will be half that in a short period of time?

The OP can listen to you or watch the videos and take my testimony as either true or false.

Yeah I must be lying.
how about you ignore my trolling then and continue doing your balanced diet.

Do the actual science like I did.
Don't jerk off to articles with nothing to show for it.