1) What kind of oats do you eat (brand)?

2) How do you eat them? Like what is the actual process of cooking oats, I never done it before.

Trying to incorporate oats into my life.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ywkEGKXk2cQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

they don't taste very nice cooked. just pour some protein shake over them and eat it like cereal.

do you just use like quaker oats from meijer or what?

Couldn't you just eat Oatmeal? What's the advantage of this? I'm being serious. Chubby currently getting Veeky Forums and don't tell me to read the fucking sticky. I have. Id rather have a conversation about it.

tesco organic porridge. same thing i guess.

I like steel cut oats. They take longer to cook but they keep me full longer.

1. buy in bulk section
2. throw in rice cooker 1:3 ratio to water
3. eat

I dunno. I never eat oatmeal either except when I was a kid a few times but that was in like pre made packets and they usually had sugar and shit in it. like 'processed' oats.

I just keep reading about people eating oats and it sounded good so I wanted to try it.

1) Sainsbury's own brand, it doesn't matter tbqh

2) Pour them into a bowl, add milk, maybe chuck in some frozen cherries and add honey; I think they're shit cooked

2nd worlder here so i eat whatever the only brand at the store happens to be

this plus cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and sweetener. i also like to add heavy cream when it's almost done.

That's where I'm at. I like those Oatmeal packets for a quick breakfast. I bought a big ass box when I started eating better. Guess I need to go look at how much sugar is really in them

Steel cut oats

2) How do you eat them? Like what is the actual process of cooking oats, I never done it before.

Oats+ 1,5% fat Milk

I don't know who makes them, but they're good as fuck.
Microwave them and put some dark chocolate in that bitch.

Yeah probably not the best way to eat oats. those ready to eat packets always have shit in them.

From what people are saying you want the bucket of straight up oats that you can just take a cup out of and add water + your own spices.

Oh fuck 13g of sugar. Time to knock that shit off.

Nice, is that a G17? I have an FNX 45 and Bersa thunder 380 plus for carry. thinking about getting a G41gen4 next.

Lol i just put them in a coffee grinder and turn them into powder. Then mix with milk and drink them.

Yeah that's probably why they taste good. I don't expect oats should taste good. more like medicine

>Nice, is that a G17?

Yes

I also add sometimes 5g Cacao powder (no instant Cacao powder so it's sugar free)

i get this brand of it, the only "organic" thing i eat

i cook them on the stove for about 25 minutes as the label instructs

hmm coco powder huh, i'll have to try that. coco powder and cinnamon sound like they could be good additions (separately of course)

steel cut seems to be most popular i'll probably go with that

I also use/drink whole milk. Should I cut that out too. I went from 186 to 170 since I changed the way I eat and exercising.
>home pull up bar master race

Drink whole milk if it fits your macros bro. Gotta get those extra grams of fat

I drink some milk but not a lot. Like no more than a glass a day since it has a lot of sugar and fat in it. Putting it in your oats sounds like a good idea.

Just make sure you get enough protein and build muscle. 1g protein per pound of optimal body weight i think is the rule. replace fat with muscle will also help with loose skin.

But if you've lost 16 pounds you are on the right track. Just keep researching and stay disciplined. Lots of lean meats and veggies

We'll I'm wanting to lose the fat I have on my stomach. Im 5 7 and 170 but all the fat is in my stomach. I don't have lunch lady arms or kankles.

I try to stay away from dairy

Yeah i eat a lot of salmon and Tyson frozen chickens with frozen veggies for dinner. Also the recommended amount not crushing the whole bag

I like the texture a lot

The texture honestly sells it for me, opposed to rolled oats

You realize that you need carbs and fats too, right?

There's literally nothing wrong with the sugar or fat in milk,.

I get the cheap prepackaged walmart shit and i run 2 through the food processor and down it with 2 cups of milk. Its this acceptable?

People need fats yes, but carbs no, especially a carb source as empty as lactose. Milk is poverty tier animal protein. Cheese >>> milk.

Hmm, okay. But how much is too much? I've just read at alot of places that you should avoid dairy in general, maybe that's wrong though.

Also, yes but I could use tips of the best places to get carbs from. Oats, potatoes, rice, legumes are my understanding

Its not much if you dont consume much added sugar throughout the day. Plus sugar in the morning is pretty important to get your brain start working

This picture made me happy.

I buy the big container of oats. 1 cup oats, heat up 1 cup of milk on the stove, pour the hot milk in the bowl, wait a few minutes, eat. Eating them plain is nearly inedible at first. Had to work my way down to no added ingredients. Started with strawberry jam mixed in, then honey, then nothing.

I stopped cooking my oats and could never been happier.

Just blend them into shake. It's mushy and I have the drink the sludge but it's not bad.

this is the only way to cook porridge and not have it taste horrible

it takes too long for me in the morning though, I can't stand over a pan of oats cooking for like 20 minutes when I feel completely starved.

Blend oats, banana, milk, whey, peanut butter and 99% cocoa choclate to goat-shake!

wood fug

Usually quaker or Wegmans brand.

>60g oats into magic bullet, powderize that shit.
>190g banananananananana
>2 tbsp peanutbutter
>1 scoop NOWHEY, man
>fill to "max" line with 1% milk, ~600ml

>blend
>shigggggity

you can eat them raw with yogurt, cream or such as well but porridge is tastier.

>I like to defeat the purpose when its almost done

Rolled oats. 100g, 700ml almond milk, microwave 10 minutes. 50g optimum nutrition peanut butter chocolate whey. Your mom.

Is oat porridge any good?

Hi OP

I eat instant oats (Quaker) 70gr a day, I mix them with Soy Milk, I prepare it before I got to bed, then next morning the oats are all soft and soaked in soy milk. It's awesome :^)

Thats why you're chubby. You don't realize that processed foods are shit and have a ton of sugars and fats. Just buy oats by themselves, 20x better for you. Thats the advantage,

Quaker Oats (not the little packets) is oats right? Just the plain cylinder?

I dot have time to actually cook regular oats so I use this kind and just microwave it in less than two minutes. 29 grams of carbs (1g sugar) 9 grams of protein and 3 grams of fat. taste pretty good as is

7 grams protein*

3x as much water as oats yea?

I buy the cheapest brand that happens to be in the store when im out of oats.

Place desired amount of oats in a bowl, add water so that they are all nice and wet then microwave for 4 minutes.

40g of oats usually Quaker mixed with 100g of Greek yogurt usually Fage. With some blueberries on top

Forgot to mention I cook the oats in water first for about 5 minutes.

No that's not why I'm chubby. It's all the beer, krystals, Chinese and lack of exercise. I am cutting those Oatmeal packets out though. I started at 186 and down to 170.

1part oats to 2parts water/milk