Sleep thread

How are you guys sleeping at night? Do you do anything to help yourself fall asleep aside from exercise? How many hours do you sleep on average each night?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=txQ6t4yPIM0
sleepyti.me/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Read a book on ethics.

sleep like shut
always sleep like shit
get between 5 and 7 hours a night

yolo

Sleep terrible unless I'm high. I always go to bed within a 2-hour window (midnight or 2am at the latest) and sleep until either 8am or 11am. Its a total toss up most of the time. If I don't get high before bed I don't even sleep through the night. No idea how people do it...probably less computer and vidya and loud music at night but fuck that.

>Close eyes
>Suddenly remember I am going to die one day
>Remember parents and siblings are all going to die one day
>Panic
>Fall asleep after 2 hours

Repeat for 10 years.

FUCK OFF I NEED ADVICE
AND I'M NOT WASTING ANOTHER THREAD

>Derail

How do I get started back up after hibernation?

dub
dub
dub

holy shit!

D U B
U
B

D U B
U
B

D U B
U
B

Zzzquil and Valerian Root, now move on to the topic at paw.

Try vaporizing marijuana
I think marijuana can get a bad rep since a lot of people smoke and a lot of weed isnt that great
I use a store-bought thc oil pen before bed
Eases muscle tension and helps me rest better
People say thc decreases sleep quality, but it helps me fall asleep, prevents pain from waking me, and I generally feel well-rested

I play this on speaker
youtube.com/watch?v=txQ6t4yPIM0

I run two fans in my bedroom for white noise

I typically have a wank before I go to sleep, but this is optional

And when I am in bed with my eyes closed and the lights off, I think about a fantasy and live it in my head. Such as I am a badass Achellies style warrior battling through legions of dudes and killing the shit out of them etc. it varies depending on my mood. But I lose myself in the waking dream and before I know whats happening I'm sleeping.

Basically, decide what you want to dream about, and then dream that dream until you fall asleep.

Works every time for me. Only problem is I have a hard time sleeping in new environments (IE I tend to lay awake all night when I crash at a friends house)

I am a anxious person. So sleeping always have been shit unless i did all i had to do but even then ill think about another problem. The only trick i have is to go to bed dead tired and fall instantly asleep. Smoking pot has been a big help in the past but I didn't smoke it in 2 years.

Shit son, I'm right there with you.

> fuck your wife/gf, or fap if single
> read a book
> listen to a Podcast
> eat some slow digesting carbs like oatmeal half hour before
> run a fan for white noise

Good
Lunesta 1mg
7-8 hrs

I used to smoke weed and quit recently. I find it harder to fall a sleep now but the quality of sleep I get now is much much better than before. I actually have dreams at night now too which I didn't have when smoking weed regularly. Anyone reading this, don't fall for the weed meme.

02:35, and I'm wide awake. rip gainz

What are you fucking 12?

I have to take a 150 mg tablet of Lamotrigine and 3 Tylenol PM's just to fall asleep

Great post man, also nice trips. Sleep well my friend.

>Tylenol PM'
Benadryl/diphenhydramine is the same shit and cheaper, in the US. Be careful with that shit. Sleep hygiene > drugs.

What are you fucking 80?

>studying whole night
>break
>lets visit this memeforum
>sleep thread

hold me

First, let's get down to the science of it:

We don't really "sleep" a solid 8 or so hours every night. What we do is experience multiple 90-minute "sleep cycles".

Without getting too detailed, the important thing to note is that after 90 minutes of being asleep, you've gone through one sleep cycle and will continue to go through them until you're done sleeping. Light sleep takes place first followed by deeper sleep, so it is best to wake up at the beginning of a new sleep cycle rather than at the end. Waking up during deep sleep will make you feel like shit when you wake up, so aim for light sleep. I'll explain how.

A healthy number of sleep cycles is 5, which is 7.5 hours. You might also elect for 4 or 6 cycles.

You should find out when you want to wake up and rewind 7.5 (or whatever) hours. This is when you should fall asleep to help avoid waking up during deep sleep. HOWEVER, you should note how long it takes you to fall asleep (avg is 14 mins) and rewind that too. That's when you should hit the sack. Use this site sleepyti.me/ to calculate all of that.

I use an app called Sleep Cycle (available on App Store and Android). This app uses the iphone's hardware to detect your movements and determine what stage of sleep you are in. Use it as an alarm clock that will wake you up during light sleep.

I take zyzzquil helps me sleep

Additionally, you should set up a ritual before bed. An hour or so before going to sleep, prepare your mind for sleeping, relax yourself, say affirmations, etc. Have a routine. Treat sleep with respect and maybe it'll return the favor. Good luck.

Good info, thanks user.