good thread i like it

COMPETITION IN 3 DAYS
READY TO WIN
I'm so pumped and excite right now but I really need to sleep :^(

i'm intoxicated and not commisar

tfw no gf

me too it was me who posted last aslo

where is schtangist now ;_;

My snatch has been going to shit all week. But another 10lbs on my squat.

I feel like I'm pushing my squat to the detriment of my oly lifts.

Idk what to do.

Nobody up?

I lift for lolis.

those are the tradeoffs man. It's a slow process. Right now I'm hitting the Oly lifts hard, and they're all going up really steadily. I'm only backsquatting once a week, and can barely crank out 405, 20 lbs less than when I was backsquatting a lot. My FS is going up though

name on commie

Sup owg. I've been watching a lot of oly lifting on youtube lately and I think it's awesome. I really like that oly lifting is much more challenging in terms of progression and technique. I've been lifting for seven months now and I've mostly done powerlifting and bodybuilding. I'm willing to give up hyperthrophy training completely if needs be, but I like powerlifting. So I was wondering whether powerlifting and olympic lifting can or do mix (well). Does anyone have experience with combining these two? I've read a lot about quick and explosive power being important, has deadlifting and squatting to the point of doing reps quickly with proper for given some sort of foundation for oly lifting?

If it matters:
7 months lifting
Very consistent
Non-alcoholic lifestyle
Diet on point
6'1, 70 kg

Dl: 100 kgx3
Squat: 100 kgx2
Ohp: 36 kgx4
Bench: 63 kgx3
Barbell row: 60x5 (not with that weird little dance most people do, strict form)

I also do a lot of running, hill sprinting, rope jumping, plyometrics and such for endurance and explosive force.

Now Start to eat. With 6.1 you'll have to add about 20kg to get to reasonable force Levels

It looks like russia getting banned for all sports is entirely possible for rio
The IOC is gonna decide on Sunday.

This a loli? Asking for a friend. His name is Livia.

I'm not in it for high numbers. I want to be challenged by difficult technique

Funny how plg goes monkey for information that was available for months. I even told her to private all her shit but she didnt listen.
Powerlifting isnt known for having the people with the most brain but this feeds into the stereotype.
So the problem with plg is not the trips, its the anonymous that attracts it

this is the ch0nz. if your going to post your face chances are some autist is going to find you

Combining both pl and wl give you the best progression for either. Its best to choose a sport based on your availability.
There is a link to combining both i. The bottom of this blog. Or you can visit 70s big for another program.

pentupwl.wordpress.com/2016/07/15/weightlifting-training-plan-dump/

Wont give you*

All right thanks dude

I see. I'm not in it for the numbers though, I just want to try new things and perhaps only do wl if I like it

You will be in it for the numbers once you start tho

Not if he's a shit like me who can't even clean 1pl8 with a 3pl8 squat and a 'coach'. I'm really being put off DESU.

You're doing something horrendously wrong mate, most people can just pick the bar up with 1pl8

I know I am and it's awful, it's really forcing me away from doing it and I don't want to. My technique must be abysmal but I have very long arms too. I've been with my 'coach' for a few months and I know somethings bad but he never says it.

I can barely clean 50kg, just about snatch 30kg but it feels heavy as fuck. I've done a high hang power snatch with 40kg as a one off so I know my tech is fucked. I have a 145k BS and 110k FS.

Everything is just terrible and I have no idea what to do when my 'coach' doesn't seem to see I'm doing something horribly wrong.

Post a form check

Long arms isn't a reason to not be able to clean 60kg.

Speaking as someone with absolutely no clean technique and orang-utan arms (5plate deadlift, 3.5 squat on a good day), those clean and snatch numbers are just weird. I have literally the most retarded form my gym has ever seen on the Olympic lifts and I can still retard up a 2plate (power) clean.

My technique is fucked, maybe I'm not getting tight enough I don't know. I think a form check would not help since there are a lot of things wrong. For example, my coach tells me to start very low so knees over bar as upright as I can, but I feel loose like this. Only when I start with higher hips, I feel very tight since my hamstrings aren't under tension in my normal start. Should they be?

I want to follow a WL program but not sure what I can do right now since I don't have the form down. Any ideas?

Wow

People are really actually surprised that olympic athletes are being caught doping.

Hilarious

So after some reading I figure that's wrong? I just read something about catalyst talking about you want to be as high hips while vertical as you can as long as weight is over balls of feet and arms vertical? I notice they have straight backs.

I have been taught/told to get my hips as low as possible so I am very upright, knees far over bar and my back is very very hyperextended and my hamstrings don't feel tight at all, is this wrong then?

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Post a dammn form check. It will help. Noone can help otherwise. Walls of text don't do shit. No wonder you're struggling

Then play the piano, do tricking or something.

Fine I'll get one. I've posted in the past and been told to 'get a coach lmao' which obviously doesn't help.

Ignore the trolls. If you're serious you'll have to suck it up and try to get all the help you can m8

Trappy is gone

We can discuss things without a shitstorm now :^)

can we post lolis :3

yeah this isnt for you then

Will you actually post vids or numbers or will you carry on being the rapscallion meme master who won't let anybody in on his secrets?

Clean deadlift and deadlift are two separate exercises or they're both the same, I forget which side she was on.

Where?

me too

no

SHIT SHOW NOT ALLOWED TO POST

ye it wasnt a good show hehe

cute girls tho

I want to get stronger but I don't want to be chubby

Rio will be the shittiest Olympics in history because of zika, the crimes, and maybe russian ban.

tokyo will most likely better

>zika

Isn't that just a weak type of cold? Why is everyone so scared of it?

The bird flu back in beijing in 2008 was a lot more scary.

>the crimes

I don't get why brazil chose their most dangerous city to host the games. Rio is crazy.

>and maybe russian ban

The clean athletes will still be able to compete under neutral flag.

What I'll miss the most is Ilya.

Zika fucks with anyone pregnant and can be transmitted sexually.

Some news... Along with this trappy-chan stuff, it turns out Commissr is a cross dresser too!

>Zika fucks with anyone pregnant

From what I've seen the rate of pregnant people getting fucked by Zika is very low to the point where they were having trouble even linking the two things.

>and can be transmitted sexually

It can also be transmitted through mosquitoes, and mosquitoes are a lot more dangerous than sex...

What programs are everyone running? I'm not really on anything serious for this month. Doing 3 oly workouts and 3 strength/bodybuilding workouts.

Hi OWG. New to OLY lifting.

What kind of stretches and exercises can I do to improve shoulder mobility?

I don't think I'm rotating my showers far enough when I rack the bar on my delts when doing a clean and press, placing undue stress on my elbows.

255 like nothing frend

>still moving about when he drops the bar

That doesn't count.

he's not competing, he could have eld it but he's not stupid like u r :((

Nah, it will still be good you fucker

i guess shittiest wont be to most accurate word
its more like "not as good as" the other olympics

He's not competing isn't an excuse to not complete the movement and pretend you did.

You can't pull Xkgs and say you snatched it.

He stood still long enough for the judges to give whites.

????????????????????????????????????????????

>still being autistic while typing this comment.
Try again

Thinking about trying Lascek transition routine. Is 2x week squatting enough?

I've always felt that I needed 3 really but I don't know.

I admire your progress and dedication but this pedo shot is fucking cringeworthy. Think about it if someone at your school or someone in your family could link you to these posts. You would be known as that weirdo.
Just a heads up and plz stop beign trappy2.0.

on occasion i can post non loli hehe

BRING IT COM

not allowed

>implying loli's fighting to the death isn't the future

shit future

They already know lol

>anonymous website
>linking anything
have fun with that

best future

pentupwl.wordpress.com/2016/07/21/dynamic-start/

hi tell me what you think

did dylan cooper leave mash after he had an injury that stopped him from competing at the junior worlds

noticed he doesnt tag mash on his posts anymore

So I was doing some GHR on the angled one and after I finished I mainly along with my hamstrings felt a pump on the right side of my lower back and barely anything on my left.

I've known I have had this lower back muscular imbalance for awhile now but that exercise has just made me feel it has gotten worse, also because of it (along with other imbalances I believe) I shift my hip to the side when the going gets tough during squats with the hips shifting more with back squats more often and more pronounced than front squat.

What unilateral exercise can I do to fix this imbalance?

>tl;dr have lower back muscular imbalance, what do?

jesus christ, what the fuck happened to the generals here?

:^)

i blame deliuge

trappy was a prominent poster. there was a lull anyway, but now that trappy is gone it's slower

trappy was a shitposter with terrible lifts who didn't know anything about weightlifting

this sentance applies to everyone

Oh I know, doesn't mean trappy didn't post a lot

Following a program is way better than fucking around with squats and classic lifts, why did no one tell me.
in two weeks of following program my maxes went from 80/95 -> 94/115 and tech is way better. also noob lifter obvs

whats the name of the one japanese lifter.

i think he's -85. wears romaleos and pulls with a super narrow/frog stance. he did a powerlifting meet with highbar and clean deadlifts.

I never really thought about specifically training something like this.

Whenever I'm in the zone and hyped enough to do heavy singles, then I usually do the little "jump" before the bar actually leaves the ground. It definitely feels like it makes the lift easier and more explosive off the floor.

I've just never cultivated it because usually "yanking" the bar is frowned upon, and the whole setting up tight and using tension to push off the floor is so highly regarded.

lu xiaojun

you're full of shit.

What program can I do if I'm still trying to learn the lifts and spend a lot of time on them?

70sbig.com/blog/2012/07/transitioning-to-olympic-weightlifting/

Is this ok? But I'll just gradually up the weight as my technique gets better rather than having a heavy day since they are all submax and it's a technique issue?

Can I FS 2x week at first since my BS is 150k and FS 105k?

Strict press both days or replace bench with push press?

>Are there better similar routines to this or is this fine?

You have lateral pelvic tilt

>70sbig.com/blog/2012/07/transitioning-to-olympic-weightlifting/
>whole "Elaborations on the Template" section is based on memes and just plain retardation

looks like garbage

Any alternatives? Or are you memeing?

I'm none the wiser but with explanations like "you don't want to be outbenched by a high schooler, right? XD" and "muscular back is so cool XD", you don't have to be very smart to know that this is horseshit

Really? Because my hips only shift to the side when I'm struggling with relatively heavy weight.

If this means I have have lateral pelvic tilt does that mean OB and blueshoes or even the pros like Ilya Ilyin, Suleymanoglu and Om Yun-chol have lateral pelvic tilt as well ? Since I've seen them squatting up with their hips shifted to the side.

No, those are just muscular imbalances
If your pelvis is shifted then one side of your lower back is going to be more contracted than the other, putting more strain in that muscle. It probably has something to do with the way you sit (slouching/bad posture is a common cause of this) but I'd see your doc first

Some of them do have skeletal and muscular imbalances but it doesn't mean you shouldn't try to fix yours

Not trying to say you're wrong but I don't get how you determined mine was not a muscular imbalance like the others but was a lateral pelvic tilt? Because I do the same thing as the people I listed with the hips shifting to the side only on the way up for heavy weight. Also as extra information, when i tense my lower back I can say for sure my right side is bigger than my left.

>It probably has something to do with the way you sit (slouching/bad posture is a common cause of this)

Yeah. I think sleeping on my right side on a hard bed for around 3 years would have been the cause of the problem and also doing mixed grip deadlift probably made the problem more pronounced. Also I am known for slouching forward when standing sometimes.

Blue shoes here. I believe my hip shifting issue in the squat comes primarily comes from a shoulder imbalance. I have a very tight left trap, and when I stand or sit relazed it actually looks like my left shoulder is higher than the right. This causes the bar to tilt, and then me to shift my hips to the side of the bar that's tilting.

If you have a properly tilted pelvis it can be fixed (I'm not saying you do) with proper stretching and setting. You first have to find out which way it is tilted though. Usually the side tilted forward has an extra tight hip flexor, the side tilted back has a loose hamstring. You may be able to fix it by stretching those muscles to balance them and attempting to reset your hip physically after lots of stretches. A competent physical therapist is a GREAT help though.

It could also be something else, simply muscular imbalances side to side. Glute medius could be a big one, you could be able to tell by doing split squats, and on one leg your knee will collapse in, but the other wont. It can be uneven quad or hamstring strength as well. So the method to assess this imbalance is to test every muscle in your hip area to see if they're balanced flexibility AND strength wise. Test strength unilaterally on an isolation machine. Test flexibility by stretching. Then fix the imbalance.

The point is it could be many things, and nobody can give you a definite or even valuable diagnosis and treatment plan over the internet without personally working with you and identifying prolems. So get a PT or fix it yourself.

I'm not saying it isn't, you probably do have imbalances like everybody
Just that your main problem is your hip