Is intermittent fasting/ lean gains a meme or has anybody had success with it?

Is intermittent fasting/ lean gains a meme or has anybody had success with it?

Other urls found in this thread:

scientificamerican.com/article/how-intermittent-fasting-might-help-you-live-longer-healthier-life/
leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I cut on 1000-1200kcal/day without feeling hungry doing IF.

For some, like myself, it helps stay in deficit. Knowing I can go to bed with a large meal and not being hungry helps me.
I know some however that don't do well with it. YMMV.

it helps some people stick to a cut. other magical benefits marginal/nonexistent

Martin Berkin's most recent blog post was a long winded article basically saying that

Do you use BCA's as well?

BCAAs no
if training while fasted just protein powder, i'm poorfag

There was a >>>study that said it was correlated with a longer lifespan

>Martin Berkin's most recent blog post was a long winded article basically saying that
Wait, he actually is posting again? Last I checked (loooong ass time ago), he rage quit the internet because people had the gall to doubt his claims.

I bleieve you mean BCAAs, branch chain amino acids, and no, why bother? If you're eating complete proteins in the recomended amount to at least preserve mass, they're pointless.

>Did the same thing.

Pretty much a PSMF, but also intermittent fasting Mon-Fri.

I mainly did it because it required no real effort on my part, I had a window that I ate in and that was that. Weekends I just hit my macros and usually did all you can eat chicken/beef places.

Friends jelly I could eat like five plates of food in a meal and still lose about two pounds a week while I enjoyed newb gains.

Helped me a ton when my weight loss started to slow on my cut. Went from 200 to 170lbs in the span of roughly 3 months.

The main idea was that it physically made it very difficult to overeat or eat at maintenance since time was limited, and you can only hold so much food in your stomach with such a limited amount of time so eating everything all at once before you go to bed will make you feel fuller while ensuring you don't go over your caloric limit.

That being said, it made workouts a chore since I wouldn't get my nutrients until late in the day so that meant I ate before or after my workout since I go late at night, which means working out on a full stomach. It also gets tiring after a while, so you might not want to keep at it for as long as I did.

Anyone have a good tutorial on IF or website or even a book I can torrent?

I was a skelly alcoholic for years and rarely ate. I'm sure that quitting and eating correctly raised my test and lowered my metabolism. Now I can't stop eating, maybe its some evolutionary response - my body thinks it may not get another meal. Dogs are similar. Wouldn't recommend, but its a good way for dyel to gain weight.

Its decently simple.

Just once a week don't eat for almost 14~16 hours.

Combined with EC it's godmode. You'll feel stuffed to the gills on like 1700 calories.

I did IF with great success for almost 4 years. I took it a bit too far sometimes but you find out what works for you. 16-20 hours daily then a 24hr once a week seemed to work wonders.

It also helped relieve my insulin resistance as well.

scientificamerican.com/article/how-intermittent-fasting-might-help-you-live-longer-healthier-life/

worth a read

Isn't fasting catabolic? Seems like it would be catabolic.

leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html

and the leangains.com site in general

I eat 1 big meal a day, usually around 6pm (cutting)

Would totally recommend. Easier to manage calories, food taste 10x better since you're hungry as fuck and also you dont go to bed hungry.

Doing IF combined with MMA, training is 4/5 times a week at 17-1830, after MMA I am usually about to puke and can't eat alot, also I didn't lose any strength so far, still doing 1/2/3/4 even gained a little strength, despite crazy fat loss
Have some high test bro

A woman with a tight core makes me cum buckets

God damn I need a fit fuck buddy

Intermittent Fasting gave me binge eating disorder.

> BRB binge all night
> BRB it's okay I will just purge by starving all day
> BRB bulimia as a dietary strategy

I stopped doing that stupid shit and just started doing meal prep/calorie counting instead and lost weight much more easily.

worked for me