Tfw fell for the deadlift meme

>tfw fell for the deadlift meme

bought a ticket to snap city ad decided you didn't like it?

your shit form killed you, not the movemwnt.

just keep your back straight and add weight slowly

>deadlift
>meme
Pick one. then kill yourself

>tfw fell for the >weighted dips meme

>just keep your back straight

Yeah and I'll just pull $1,000,000 out of my ass right now

>fell for the exercising meme

>he doesn't know how to brace and use his lats in the deadlift

I don't know how to

People tell me "do X" "do Y" and my deadlift will be fine but I don't know how to do X or Y. I literally just do upper body exercises only. I should go get coaching.

Mike T. has a really good video for how to use your lats on the deadlift.

just do romanians, focuses more on ur back and removes that shitty part of the movement where u have to use ur quads to get it off the floor

Engage your lats by doing this:
>set yourself up to didly
>bend over and whatnot
>roll bar forward
>pull bar back, focusing on using your lats

That's what I do, and that's what I was told.

it's a pretty common thing to happen. in fact it's so common that one must wonder at which point they should realize that deadlifting is fucking retarded to do, especially when many professional athletes don't even do it

Dude just keep spine neutral wtf

The deadlift is the easiest "big lift" to do, technique wise.

Squatting and benching is much harder

It's not common at all, just fucking keep neutral spine and don't hitch the weight you fuck.

It's all you need to not get injured, ffs fucking summerdyels

I am not able to do it

I can bench over 300 but can't deadlift lol

>Benching is harder than Deadlift

>search weightlifting forums for herniated disc
>9,000,0000,000 replies

2bf I just dropped deadlifts all together and started doing rack pulls

A higher starting position helped my form

>picking something up off the floor
>a meme

What?

>Deadlift 180kg
>arms crack and something in lower back twinges

I have a harder time with bench and squatting than I do deadlifting. OHP and didlying were easy for me to learn.

>tfw when switching to a dumbbell/trap bar only routine
feels good not being a meme victim

can you post it

IF YOU CAN'T KEEP YOUR BACK STRAIGHT AT A CERTAIN WEIGHT

YOU SHOULDN'T BE DEADLIFTING THAT FUCKING WEIGHT

Jesus Christ the lifting community is filled with retards

Is it possible to do deadlifts with dumbbells?

Like 100lb dumbbells

I can't keep my back straight with the bar only

I'll be doing to start

trap bar deadlift
trap bar rdl
trap bar high pulls
db bench press
db shoulder press
db bent row

all 3x5 to start. may also add in some trap bar or db lunges and split squats. also doing regular band work.

my back was perfectly straight when i visited snab city. in fact i felt like i had my best set ever. didn't start hurting until the day after. did nothing else in between. doesn't even matter.

>What's that?
>You say that weighted dips are bad for the shoulders?
>I'm afraid that you're wrong on two counts

>Firstly, with proper form and enough strength you can maintain the requisite scapular depression to prevent any impingement-thus preventing any injury that fools, such as yourself, seem to be so well acquainted with

>Secondly, in the age before this one (back when chivalry and masculine strength were valued traits) weighted dips were normal
>So much so that the nomenclature was different
>Back then it was simply called
>The Dips

>the day after you deadlift a PR and your back tightens up and you are scared you fucked yourself up

>>Benching is harder than Deadlift

Benching well is harder than deadlifting

Deadlifting is literally bending over and picking up the bar, it's simple as hell

>search the globe for idiots
>9,000,0000,000 replies
There are countless examples of people (note: not roided meatheads who have shitform on eevry lift and specially not dyels who come here every summer like you) who have been deadlifting for years upon years without any problem.

If youre smart everything is an opportunity, if youre dumb everything is a risk
-t.me

>bending over
How do I know you never deadlifted correctly?
the manlet is just barbell rowing 135lb and the lanklet is trying to hit his 300 kg 1 RM with broken down form

Ask any powerlifter or strongman or similar. The deadlift is, on a pure technique level, straight up the simplest of the big lifts. It's not the easiest mentally or physically but its the quickest to achieve efficient form on for most lifters.

Dude Mark Rippetoe and just about any powerlifter acknowledges how relatively easy deadlifting is compared to other lifts.

It's really simple

faggot detected

Holy shit guys, this guy is pulling a million dollars out of his rectum. Tune in.

he is right though.
mechanically speaking the deadlift is the simplest movement out of the big 3.
Is it easier? I dont know, maybe the bench is the easier, just out of popularity

yeah if you're a faggot

Less weight and practice dipshit

find me anybody who has lifted for any reasonable amount of weight for a significant period of time ever who hasn't gotten injured, retardo. highly trained professionals can't stay injury free, but i'm sure your starting strength dumbshitass can!