Anybody play this board game yet?

Anybody play this board game yet?
The amount of sheer historical autism in it seems like it would be up your guys' alley.

Other urls found in this thread:

boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/86177/genesis-empires-and-kingdoms-ancient-middle-east
secrethitler.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The name of the Game is Pericles: The Peloponnesian Wars

Nobody? I would post this to Veeky Forums but the whole board is jerking off to furry D&D characters and Magic The Gathering

Bump

Never heard of it honestly. I'll have to check it out. Been waiting for the new version Hannibal board game. Going to include Hamiclar and the first punic war.

>tfw Here I Stand finally came in the mail after a year and a half

T-thanks GMT

Looks like a Diplomacy variant, judging from the units. Does it have simultaneous turn resolution?

Sorry for hijacking OP but for an increased chance for you and to make something a bit different.

What kind of historical board games do you guys like?

Twilight Struggle is the most engaging, balanced and entertaining board game out there.

I've considered buying this, but it I can't imagine anyone I know would want to play it.

I like Diplomacy. It changed the way I look at boardgames.

It's not too difficult to learn after 1 game but yeah theres so much to the meta game that you just don't get until you're willing to put in the hours.

Theres a PC and iPAD version out as well although the human element is lacking.

>What kind of historical board games do you guys like?

Secret Hitler is a pretty good party game. Even people who hate board games love playing it.

It sort of makes me imagine this isnt so far away from how a real military coup must feel like.

I love this game. I really want to get 1989, but GMT games are so hard to find

I played this, was pretty fun.

Just looked this up, and it looks awesome, but I dont know if my autism could handle Hannibal losing a battle in Italy.

have we ever organized an online match here on Veeky Forums?

i have a hard on for the bronze age

can you explain what this is?

tfw no one to play board games with ;_;

That's either bullshit and you just wanted a board game thread here or you only glanced at the front page before giving up

Has anyone attempted to play pic related? I heard about it on the radio (I think) a while ago. Apparently it's designed for maximal autism and almost impossible to finish.

It takes 10,000 hours to finish. Nobody has ever completed a game. I want to buy a copy and then start a "campaign for north africa" club at my university. Obviously, it will require students to pick the game up for me and whoever joins me after I graduate. Maybe make it into some sort of tradition.

Is this literally antifa the game? That's what it looks like to me but I can't quite tell

boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/86177/genesis-empires-and-kingdoms-ancient-middle-east

lol no you retard its like town of salem
secrethitler.com

Why would that trigger your autism? It happened in real life. If it was anything but covering for Hannibal's reputation, any objective historian would note Canusium as a loss, what with getting half his force killed and completely stalling his offensive.

wait nevermind, i just visited the website and they have trump cards for the fascists

Does that include time in the day spent not playing?

Because if it's straight up 10,000 hours of nothing but gameplay, you've gotta be looking at at least two and a half years to finish a game.

10k hours of gameplay, yep.

Check the catalog you fuck there's only one /HWG/ and not a single Pericles mention. Suck a bag of dicks.

Hwg is more miniature focused anyways. Not really boardgames.

Miniatures are so autistic

Not really, if you are into turn based games and designing troops as historically accurate as you want, it's fun. I originally though the same because I didn't even consider it until I was 25 a few years ago. Stuff like Basic Impetus are pretty approachable. The rules are simple but not to a point that negatively impacts the game. At this point I do it more than say total war games because you can't get glitches, poor ai, or severe historical inaccuracies unless you yourself implement them.

Diplomacy has legit ended two of my friendships. Burn the game when you get the chance