Why don't you deadlift?

Why don't you deadlift?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QTuvAp2YvtE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

But everyone on this board does. Do you think pussies post here?

But I have a 550 lb deadlift, user.

Well, I have THREE 550lbs deadlifts!

/thread

This is the most retarded photo.

fuck off newfaggot

Because I'm not a powerlifter.

>Do you think pussies post here?
>here
>on forum for lonely omegas that love anime
Dunno

>never deadlift
>squat stalls at lmao 2 plate for a year straight
>cant think of any reason why it would stall
>start deadlifting because i want something to progress on since squatting isnt progressing anymore
>deadlifting uncaps my squat and i hit 4 plate squat within 1.5 years of introducing deadlifts into routine

deadlifts literally make your squats overpowered as fuck brah

Idk if I have good form so I don't do them. Paranoid of fucking up my back.

>deadlifts literally make your squats overpowered as fuck brah
Is it true for sumo?

Yes, that's the particular style of deadlifting I actually did and do.

I originally never deadlifted because I couldn't get the form of conventional deadlifting down.

Depends how you squat. Squats tend to drive deadlifts better than deadlifts improve squats, but whatever improves your weaknesses will usually help.

Does anyone have a higher res unedited version of this?

I can deadlift the last three digits in my post

I got a new PR yesterday in fact. 210kgx5

Mirin

i love that picture

I don't deadlift because I do pull-ups religiously and am a firm believer in bodyweight exercises.

Namely, I complete The Crossfit Cindy or Murph routines 3 times a week, and 45 minutes on the rowing machine twice a week (completing a minimum of 10km each time).

1/10 for making me reply

fuck you fag

Because I have a fucked spine and I'm too scared to do them.
I feel my back get weak during back extensions, I'd die during Deadlifts

This.. Same shit.. Im doing t bar rows and extensions tho till i strengthen it a little

Don't do BACK extensions, do HIP extensions and don't hyperextend your back

Aren't hip extensions where you use your glutes more than your erector spinae?

Not bait, I am being legit.

I have Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis and can't do anything involving heavy stress on my knees. They are completely fucked. The only thing I can do is the pussy ass leg press, on which I can do lmao 20pl8, but my knees are so fucked afterwards I have to wait weeks to try again.

Are there any leg exercises you guys recommend for someone with fucked up joints? I have not tried leg extensions or the like for years, so I don't know how I will respond.

As a side note, I truly envy those who can do apex compound exercises. I want nothing more than the ability to do them.

Bodyweight squats.

Try conventional deadlift, do calf raises (they are good for knee health)

And you are the most retarded poster :)

Kek'd

We may be a bunch of lonely nerd virgins but we all that at the door at the gym.

> Have scoliosis
> Deadlifts are scary
> still do them
> CAREFULLY
> Gone up maybe 20 pounds over a year and a half

>will a leg dominant deadlift increase my squat

hello fellow scoliobro

Rolling

That's not a good split for rowing. 10k takes 40 mins of you got at 2:00, I know lightweight women who row faster than that when paddling.

>switch to sumo
>suddenly deadlifting makes sense

Better question:

Why don't you power clean?

I've stopped doing them because why? What do they actually do for athleticism that squats don't?

I can see why Bill Starr's programs focused on OHP, Squat and Cleans.

One of the few things I disagree with Rip on.

Better for strengthening the posterior chain (at least compared to most squat forms - the usage of the super wide box squat in some strength programs is specifically to try and get some of the benefits without having to actually deadlift). They aren't seen much in athletic programs because they impose huge recovery costs compared to other movements but they do crop up more in offseason strength phases.

literally how? Just do lower weight if you cant get the form, its not rocket science

squats and no deadlifts are like a one way ticket to snap cit if you ask me, i dont squat usually but deadlifting strenghtens your whole body and especially core that I dont think you can supplant it with just squats

Seems circular, deadlifting makes you better at deadlifting.

The only real difference is grip strength training.

Right that's why oly weightlifters and powerlifters centre their routines around deadlifts.

2/10.

Rolling

I-In kilos...

Its not so much about that as it is about the differences in muscle usage. The squat uses the hamstrings, glutes and various back muscles for sure, but its nowhere near as taxing on them as deadlifting is. If you're in a sport where those muscles are particularly important having a hip hinge movement in your training that you can program for strength is really, really useful. Doesn't have to be deadlifts but they're a good candidate much of the time.

>hip hinge movement
>squats

Pick two.

The squat really, really isn't a hip hinge movement. Not even if you're Norton or Goggins and trying to bounce your chest off your knees.

Would a trap bar deadlift be a hip hinge movement?

this is actually a great reason

Not normally (watch how most people perform it - it ends up looking like a partial squat far more than anything else. This is intentional -t he trap bar was originally invented to give powerlifters with back issues a way to pull from the floor without stressing the low back by getting very bent over like you do on a conventional deadlift). To count as a hip hinge movement for programming purposes, you're generally looking for more movement at the hips than anywhere else and the end result to be that it's largely limited by hip extension strength. That includes conventional deadlifts but also a ton of other movements - good mornings, RDLs/SLDLs, various sorts of block and deficit pulls, probably a shitton more that I'm forgetting.

I do. I'm shit at it though. Proportionally it's the weakest of my major lifts desu.

But I do, OP. shooting for 104kg today (about 230lbs), 4-5 months into SS

GOOD job

>2016
>doing shitty usless power cleans
>not doing godlike snatches or at least cleans
Ripp, pls go

>oly weightlifters
>centre their routines around deadlifts
WUT?!?!?

Power cleans tend to have the best athletic carryover out of the three.

>Power cleans tend to have the best athletic carryover out of the three.
Because Ripp said?

Because they're the one most dependent on actual power output rather than technical proficiency. All three work for improving power, but the power clean is the one with the least extraneous stuff that can get in the way.

OK, because Ripp said so.

>one most dependent on actual power output rather than technical proficiency
It is clean pulls.

gtfo

I'd agree with you on that point. They're the simplest version of the weighted triple extension and one of the best for getting carryover because of it. They just weren't in the original list.

Because my left ankle has no cartilage

>no deadlifts
>no squats
>no running

Just kill me

youtube.com/watch?v=QTuvAp2YvtE
>tfw you'll never be 25, top IFBB Pro and diddylift 845

AT least I'm natty

>implying he isn't

>not wanting dem juicy glutes
faget

>embarassing.jpg

The world record on the 10k for lightweight women is 37.57

Unless you are rowing with the olympic crews of your country, I doubt you have lwgt women around who could hold a 2.00 for 40mins without extreme effort.

But yeah, assuming the other guy is male and/or not restricted by weightclass, 10k in 45mins is pretty poor

>tfw no qt lightweight gf to erg with ;_;

I do.

First pair of straps is arriving soon, bar started slipping

I deadlift 312.5kg though

I read this study saying it's bad for your knees and your back in general and shit, I also don't want to go too heavy, I just want to tone up to be honest

I am too lazy to study how to do it correctly and then to humiliate myself. Same with squats.

/relatively light deadlifts at the end of back workout just to make sure spinal erectors don't disappear/ masterrace
being a permanent resident of Snapcity at age of 50? no thanks m8

>sumo
fucking faggot

people like you make me fuckin lol, pathetic

can´t do it because of me pelvic tilt. have to sit all day because i´m a student.. can only front squat without pain
pls tell me Veeky Forums.. can we all make it ?

>implying you'll have the energy to even lift weights anymore when you're 50
>implying you do not seek to see your body's true potential in its prime
>implying I'm not going to kill myself before 50 so I don't have to go through 30 years of sitting at home watching TV and getting fat while being bored out of my mind

>le sumo is bad meme

Do suats still count if I have a 5-10 second rest between each rep? Or is that to be expected when you move from baby weight?

Have you tried romanian deadlift?

Increase your work capacity and do some cardio. As the weight gets heavy all standing between reps with weight on your back does is tire you. Try to get through them in a good steady rhythm.

I want my waist thin and not squarish due to muscular core

Deadlifters, go back to your containment thread

Same here famalam

I'll be one of the people looking at you with pity as you're rolling on a wheelchair in a grocery store in 40 years, m8