Sumo Deadlifts

Deadlift?, or Sumo Deadlifts? Which do you use.

Shoulders back chin down homie

sumo is cheating

Whichever works with your leverages

I got dino arms so sumo is my primary, I do conventionals in my training though

both.

I pull heavier singles conventional, but get more working reps with sumo. either way, just do em.

are u retarded, shoulders forward u dumbass

Both. I'm stronger conventional. Sumo isn't cheating, it's just a different style, and depending on your leverages and bone structure you may be more suited for one or the other.

Reeves deadlift

conventional doh up to 4 pl8

conventional mixed grip above that

If I've done squats before hand, regular deadlifts leave my back feeling wrecked, so sumo it is.

I do not do conventional deadlift. You see, it puts too much strain on the back and I find the amount of ROM (range of motion, mind you) disagreeable. No, I perform the superior sumo deadlift. I feel the honor of generations of men with my similar bodytype when I lift the weights this way.

Sumo is for manlets desu

Convential works the back and the hips more than sumo.

Sumo is literally just the easy way out and it accomplishes less than a conventional would every single time you do it.

sumo is for competition. conventional is better for training and general strength/size improvements. sumo is a different lift and from a training standpoint it doesn't make much sense to see it as an alternative to conventional deadlifts. people do it anyway because they're equivalent in powerlifting competitions.

i do romanians

>sumo is for lazy faggots with no grit

Ftfy.

People set world records with conventional. Sumo is literally only used to cheat weight your manlet bitch ass couldn't pull like a man.

Sometimes conventional, most of the time straight-legged with light weight obviously. Deadlifts make me gain mass in my back quickly so i like to stick with Sl for the hammys.

Wise words

Deadlifts are absolutely worthless. There is literally no reason to do them. Just to hamstring curls or back extensions if you want glute development. Do some lat pulldowns if you want back development and do some leg presses or leg extensions if you want leg development. There is no need to do painful and uncomfortable exercises when you can get the same results pain free doing other movements. I get pain in my lower back every time I deadlift and this is despite lifting with my legs, not my back which everyone says. I've tried several different stances and cues and there is just no way to do deadlifts pain free.

Sumo because i have some longggg ass femurs and short arms at 6'1".

I like conventional. I stand narrow and grip as narrow as I can. 6ft tall and I've never even tried sumo except that one time I pulled 110lbs just to try it out. Movement felt super weird and I have this fear I'll snap my knees because they're in such an awkward position during the lift.

>making recommendations when you can't even perform the exercise and have no idea what you're even talking about

Conventional double overhand no belt master race.

>there is just no way to do deadlifts pain free.
Even for those who regularly do deadlifts pain free?

I have to stand slightly wide to get a comfortable range of motion but not sumo

Shoulders back is a bad queue. I think what he meant was chest up, but it looks like the guy in the pic is squeezing his chest up enough anyway.

>pain

You are probably doing them wrong new friend. If you have pain you form is probably bad, you are using too much weight or both. Isolation movements will not make up for compound movements.