Lifting protects against injury

>lifting protects against injury
>get injured while lifting
>b-b-b-but lifting with correct form does!
If a professional can't lift without getting injured, and all of them do get injured lifting fyi, what makes you think you'll be any different? Lifting is a meme.

Lift = get injured. End of story.

people in general get injured.

>Move shit to new apartment
>Pull back moving desk because weak body from not lifting

>Doing home renovation
>Injure self

>Back and neck ptoblems from sitting too much with no exercise

Etc, what you dobt see is the injuries lifting prevents. You only see the minor muscle tear after 12 years of intense training

Lifting actually reinforces all your joints and also makes your recovery go into overdrive. I lmao at old guys telling me not to squat cause they did once and fucked their back up.

If they just squat from 0 back up theyd rehab their back easy peezy.

Youre gonna get hurt doing physical work like lifting/training. But your body will know what to do when it happens to get you back on track.

Heres an anecdote: wrist injuries from work used to take months to heal. I started lifting and it went from months to weeks and now my last injury healed over night. Its pretty neat.

never gotten injured doing day to day activities

you're full of shit, idiot.

>Wearing a helmet protects against injury
>Get injured while riding a bike
>b-b-b-but riding with correct form does!
That doesn't make sense user. Accidents happen.

Cus you're probably 20 and sedentary

Wait until your 30's and 40's when your body decays from no lifting

Roids heal u

this

I have a job where I carry heavy stuff very often.
Some 15 years back I injured myself on a row machine (typical injury OP is talking about). Stopped lifting and my low back hurted for years.

Then one day I just said fuck off I'm gonna lift again. Started strenght training and bingo! the injury was gone for good.
This last 4 years I've got some minor injuries from lifting (wrist and shoulder) but my body actually is and feels better now than when I was a teenager.

i've never been injured riding a bike. ever heard the phrase, "it's like riding a bike" before? lifting is nothing like that. you're constantly pushing your body to new heights.

>It hasn't happened to me so it doesn't happen
I've never been injured lifting. Whats your point?
Professional bikers get injured all the time.

Great fallacy mate.

>new heights
found the manlet

If i was full of shit then the field of physical therapy wouldnt exist.

This. I dislocated my knee doing something really dumb. It hurt every time I had to kneel down (like grabbing shit under my bed or whatever) and I was worried about squatting because I thought it'd make it worse.

Complete opposite. The pain went away the longer I worked out. I stopped lifting for awhile and the pain didn't come back either.

it's their for fat retards and dumbshit lifters. not people who live a reasonably healthy life.

People pull their backs shoveling snow. They can slip on ice. Car accidents. So much stuff.

Im not going to bother arguing with you anymore.

I had a minor injury on my lowerback while trying to break my deadlift PR two months ago. I'm mostly fine, it doesn't hurt, but I can't squat or deadlift since it feels weird and it hurts a little. What can I do to heal it?

riding a bike is safer than lifting. riding a bike is like walking ffs. most children learn to ride a bike before the age of like 10. you're a retard.

Riding or walking you could be hit by a car, trip and crack your head open, hit a rock and tumble over, etc.

They're called accidents. And you get injured lifting in accidents or if you do more weight than you can handle, which is just being retarded. If you're careful you wont get injured.

shoveling doesn't place anywhere NEAR as much compressive force on your body as loading up a 4 plate deadlift or squat you fucking retard.

I've been lifting for 8 years, only 3.5 of them using actual compounds, but I did a shit tonne of isolations with machines back in school.

I've never been injured by lifting or daily activities such as lifting/moving things (including 9ft pianos) running, jumping etc. (excluding fracturing my ribs using a leg press)
5 plate diddy for 5, 4 plate atg squat, lmao 2plate bench (dislocated shoulder a about 7 months back falling for the bodyweight training meme and it's still fucked) and 1.5 plate OHP.

>help a friend move
>carry some random table from his pickup to apartment on second floor
>used both hands
>table was 30 lbs
>back was on fire for the next 3 days
>tfw you realize you could barely carry something that weighed less than a pl8 up a flight of stairs

lifting is like blindly riding your bike or walking into heavy traffic, yes. the difference is you can get from point a to point b without doing that but uou will make no gains unless you're constantly pushing yourself near failure where your body is incredibly vulnerable to injury, especially when performing lifts where being off by a mm or failing can be a trip to snap city.

Ok then go back to /r9k/ and stop shitposting here.

If you think lifting is dangerous despite all the evidence then don't do it, go frogoost elsewhere

Best thing I've read all day

What made you become so delusional? Millions of people lift every day and many have never had an injury in their life. Much like bikers.

Accidents happen. In fact more accidents probably happen to bikers than lifters, because lifting is generally in a controlled environment. While biking has the outside environment to deal with, such as cars, uneven pavement, your speed/momentum, etc. Lifting you can have tons of safety nets, including other people, in case your lift goes wrong.

Stay mad skeleton.

Stop responding to this b8 man

>Millions of people lift every day
yeah 5lb dumbbells. obviously not what's being discussed here!

>In fact more accidents probably happen to bikers
why does this even matter? nobody is telling you to bike. i think cycling in dangerous traffics, going off jumps, etc is all fucking retarded too

ha ha

enjoy being injured the rest of your life

The safest you can possibly be is never leaving the home, having all your food delivered, and working out with body weight in your house to stay healthy. But why does that matter? Every time you leave the house you're gambling. Today could be the day some random guy stabs you. Today could be the day someone breaks in to your home and fucks you in the ass.

But we're gambling with really low risk. So low they shouldn't influence your decision to leave the house or ride a bike.

>But we're gambling with really low risk
progressive overload compound training isn't low risk at all. you're constantly forced to push your body to a point of near failure in order to make gains all while putting your body in a mechanically disavantageous position where being off by a mm or failing will snap your shit up.

i think the status quo for the lifts people perform should change is all. it's all based around dumbshit competitive lifters and not fit for the average person to make gains on.

The only way of not getting injured is doing nothing. Living in a basement playing minecraft all the fucking day.

I think if you're so worried about getting hurt you should stick to worrying about yourself, and not other people who have done it for years without getting injured.

>never happened to me so you're wrong

Come on now.

Not if done correctly and with a spotter
Now shut up.

You will have blood clots in your legs and back and neck problems

>who have done it for years without getting injured
they haven't.

it's all a bunch of low self esteem skinnyfats being led astray by roiders and competitive lifters. if you look at the lifts sports trainers have their athletes perform it's usually with dumbbells and trap bar because shit like deadlifts isn't safe. unless you're an aspiring powerlifter you should not be performing a compound lift barbell training routine.

>they haven't.
They have.

t. 1%

t. Retard scared to leave his safety bubble

Veeky Forums giving awful advice like usual. Most people (supposedly 8/10 according to my manual therapist) have mild scoliosis to an extent. So roughly 2/10 lifters won't develop long term posture issues if not treated prior to lifting. You can hurt yourself no matter how knowledgeable you are and heavy barbell squats and deadlifts will only fuck your spine up more and more. If you have mild scoliosis you cannot posture correctly for either one and your bodies compensation for it WILL cause posture and muscular imbalances. Even OHP as much as i love it, i can feel my manual therapist pushing out a ton of knots and that's with coach rip cues.

Lifting isn't a meme but lifting for reasons outside of life improvement and injury prevention is a one way ticket to injury city. I promise most power lifters, body builders and athletes are fucked up when they retire.
Our societal lifting standards and what our human bodies are built for are two totally different things.

>I'm an 18-year old DYEL with no life experience, the post

more antagonistic bullshit from the retarded competitive lifting/roiding community. lemme know when your trust fund/assburger money runs out and you have to get a real job and try and keep training like a powerlifter.

I work 40 hours a week and still workout 10-12 hours a week.

you mean you sit on your ass 40 hours a week
that or you're new

Considering my job is literally sitting at a desk, you're right. I've been there for 3 years now though.

you're probably doing your "job" as we speak.

I will be in about an hour. Why are you so upset someone makes time to workout even when they have work?

you haven't even been at it long enough to give a shit

I honestly think you're fucked either way. The most effective way for reinforcing health and maintaining a healthy body definitley wouldn't be lifting heavy, lifting lighter weights for high reps as in like 20-30 with good form would be a lot better. But someone who sits on their ass in front of a computer for 8-12 hours is going to have bad posture which will lead to an aching back/neck/shoulders anyways. So you can be in pain from being strong or be in pain from fucking up your posture and being fat from an inactive lifestyle. take your pick.

3 years is a pretty long time at a job mate. I'll be there for another 4-5 years as I complete my bachelors degree, and I still plan on 10 hours of working out a week.

If anything I stopped giving a shit about my job a year or two after.

3 years is not a long time at all. you're new.

you could already be fucked from lifting and not even know it because you sit on your ass all day

That's because "day to day activities" is an oxymoron for you

But I workout 1-2 hours a day. I'm pretty sure I'd know if there was something wrong with my body.
And 3 years is a long time at my job, we have a high turnover rate. I'm not new at all, you're fucking delusional and retarded.

I work at a highly physical job for over 15 years and played sports all through my youth. Only injury I ever had was a rolled ankle.

You'd probably feel like you got mauled by a bear if you went jogging for 5 mins. Just saiyan.

And youd feel like you broke your back if you were forced to deadlift 405. what's your point?

Except I work cardio in to my workout. I'll often do jogging over the weekends.

OH SHIT, OP JUST BTFO OF ALL THE PHYSICAL THERAPY BUSINESS! WHAT SCAMMERS THEY ARE!

>Back and neck ptoblems from sitting too much with no exercise
this was me untill a year or so ago.

That's everyone desu

Lifting heavy shit makes you so strong against the resistances of regular life

they do light weight training to rehab. not pushing the limits of what the body can lift every session in order to maximize gains aka snap city.

i'm not saying people shouldn't stay in shape i'm saying the status quo around here is a meme. doing heavy compound lifts all the time will lead to injury

/thread

>be me, in small eastern Europe version of your american marine core
>sometimes we need to carry big sandbags (30-something kilos each) for exercise (or when there's flooding or whatever)
>make bets who'll carry the most furthest
>since I'm one of the rare guys who lifts, everybody assumes I'm game
>I like the fun (and some showing off)
>pick up 2 bags in each han and carry them for 120m
>everybody looks at you like you're fucking Hercules, but you know it's a piece of cake since you deaded 240 and did farmers with 280kg

>watching the others do it, and 90% of them almost die after 120m with just 1 bag in their lap
>carrying shit with bent backs, unable to maintain grip, etc., and those are 20-30 something yo guys who were in military for years and did 15km geared runs and shit)
>few guys actually planned to sue the military cause they snapped their shit carrying lmao1bag

Please tell me how lifting doesn't help (injury prevention) with anything physically demanding

Lifting with retard form or doing retard-tier volume and you WILL get injured

People like op will never understand this, and that's why they're bound to get injured and blame everything else but their shitty habits for their own snapperoonies

Lifting doesn't bullet-proof you but it makes you way more resistant to everyday physical activities

Fuck did I just seriously replied to b8?

That's why you don't go heavy all the time

You are new to lifting' aren't you?

Never do maxes or low reps, that's how big guys get injured like retards

powerlifting fags BTFO

almost all the popular programs call for lifting heavy in 5rm range multiple times per week in order to build strength which requires you to be lifting near failure multiple times every week. this is a formula for snap city.

>Live = die. End of story

>popular BEGINNER programs

the non beginner programs still have you doing heavy sets every week and those being beginner programs is even more retarded.

explain how that's good for a beginner???

Use good form and low reps doesn't injure you

Because linear progression is good as a beginner and the weights aren't heavy enough to harm you from overtraining or whatever.

A baby squatting 165x5 is at no risk of tearing his cruciate ligaments or tendons