ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2900484/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The FDA say it's not bad at all.

Bloggers say it's bad.

Which "they" do you mean?

no

my mommy said doctor oz says its bad and he is a doctor so he should know

No

Is consuming a calorie dense beverage filled with sugar bad for you? Idk you tell me.

All of those drinks in that picture have zero calories and no sugar though...

Id never stoop that low, water 24/7, soda maybe 3 times a month

>Id never stoop that low
>soda maybe 3 times a month

You already have user

My bad i thought this was about non diet sodas.
In this case id go with other posters in this thread.

I think i heard it might increase insulin in the blood or something like that, no sources though.

If you want try drinking diet for a week then try drinking only water for a week and compare how you feel. I never feel fully hydrated when I drink any soda compared to water.

Idk, it makes my teeth feel soft whenever I drink it so I think I'll pass.

It's not going to fuck you up, but it's still acidic so will affect your teeth

I got sensodyne im gucci

No they are great, be sure to buy 'em all

I am currently on ketogenic diet and drink diet sodas like there's no tomorrow, has absolutely no ill effects on me or my training, the only problem is if I drink it near bedtime and I can't sleep.

Fellow ketobrah here. Nigga you better be drinking water too because if you don't there will be more moisture in an acre of Saudi sand than there will be in your turds.

Just because artificial sweeteners are non caloric doesn't mean your body won't respond to it like it would sugar (i.e. Insulin secretion). Your body is also classically conditioned to prepare for a huge hit of simple carbs when it tastes something super sweet, just making you hungry and craving sugar after you drink diet soda.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2892765/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23633524/

Just have orange juice or something. At least that has vitamin C.

Nestle shill pls go

>drinking soda of any type

will it fuck up a fast though?

My wife's son works for the FDA and says those studies are out dated. Diet Soda can literally kill you.

...why the fuck would you drink soda on a fast?

diet senpai, for an intermittent fast, like coffee

(((they)))

Yep, just read an article about how diet soda killed 20,000 people last year alone.

It's going to make you more hungry than before you drank it, so it's one of the worst things you could drink if you're having trouble keeping consistent with your eating schedule.

If you're fasting to improve your insulin sensitivity, yes. Artificial sweeteners will fuck it up.

If you think you can be fit while regularly drinking that poison, you are sadly mistaken. You are welcome to try though. Sometimes darwinism is needed to get a point across.

It's also addicting, like all consumer treats in this society. Dope(amine) up at your own peril, subhumans.

>it tastes good so it must be bad, I drink unflavored protein shakes straight up and I only eat dry unseasoned chicken breasts for breakfast lunch and dinner, I am not allowed to have luxuries because it makes me a pussy

well yeah, nobody drinks diet soda to get hydrated idiot. they drink it because it's soda without calories/sugar/carbs/etc.

Coke Zero gives me rancid gas. I don't drink it.

They are "less bad" than the full sugar versions, but don't confuse "less bad" with "good".

>just have orange juice

What is Veeky Forums's official [tm] opinion on this? Which is better?
Diet soda, a drink with no nutritional value?
Or orange juice, with lots of sugar but also some healthy stuff?

>havent sipped even a single soda for 2 years

feels good man, its kefir and water all the way.

If its fresh orange juice its ok. Store bought usually has less vitamins and stuff due to pastuerization or so ive heard. As long as you keep stuff with added sugar to a minimum its ok.

But user I love my sweet tea.

And its not that sweet anyway, half a cup for my two quart jar. 500 calories for a refreshing drink several times a day.

don't forget cold showers

Yes. Because its highly acidic, and this will create a less than optimal environment in your gut, which kills off beneficial gut bacteria, which means your body is not properly breaking down food and nutrition, which means you're not getting all of the macro-nutrients you think you are. Soda steals gains and health.

The FDA is run by (((snakes)))who take bribes from lobbyists

before the "lol you cant change your acidity" faggots comes along. here is pic related.

and secondly.

It doesn't taste good, desu

It doesn't taste good at all

>if you lift you're not allowed to enjoy life
>having any fun ever means losing all your gains
>only chad can afford to eat pizza and drink beer and keep his FACEHEIGHTFRAME

Have so many people on Veeky Forums given up already?

Why drink it anyways? It doesn't taste good.

But what if you don't drink because alcohol, besides Moscow Mules, just doesn't taste good?
I'll eat shit food when my friends and I are going out somewhere getting dessert because I'm not an autist though.

If you don't like it that's just fine my man. It might even be a good thing since alcohol really isn't good for you. I'm just fed up with dudes saying you can't drink any alcohol ever because otherwise you're a degenerate/you'll die/you will never make any gains ever again

Short term it's best thing to drink taste wise for cuts/maintaining. Long term cancer.

Huh... cool info. My cravings for diet coke have suddenly fucked off. Thanks, user

Why are you asking me? I'm not a doctor nor your mom, do whatever the fuck you want.
Me? I Don't drink it, if I really can't get rid of the craving I go for a regular soda, enjoy it then deal with the consequences and move on. The same thing with any food or fitness related shit, I try to keep myself disciplined until I feel borderline autistic, then I allow myself a treat and go on with my normal routine.

No It's worse than water and "better" than pretty much everything else.

Sugar substitutes are worse than actual sugars in the way your body processes them. I'm as qualified as anyone else here so if you want the answer find a credible source

I'm more qualified than you and i say they aren't by any measure.

>Is it as bad for you as they say it is?
Yes.

Drink WATER, fatass, drink it until you LOVE it or FAIL MISERABLY.

Citrus fruit is also highly acidic.

Orange juice is fucking delicious and it's much better than soda of any sort in terms of health.

Best post

>more flavored sugar water
You really DON'T want to make it, do you?
>fatasses and their sugar water

Drink PLAIN WATER, nigger. Only spoiled 8-year old girls need everything sweet.

>Orange juice is fucking delicious
And acidic and highly insulinogenic and calorie dense and the one vitamin it does have in any great amount should already be in your diet elsewhere.

I do drink plain water you groid. Orange juice is something nice to have one glass of on a Saturday morning, not chug down like some current or future hammy.

Yep. It's better than soda though. I don't drink soda at all, and fruit juice is a once-a-week thing.

>Yep. It's better than soda though.
By what measure and in what ways is it better than diet soda?
A diet soda would have much fewer calories and a lesser insulin response in exchange for lacking a vitamin you probably don't need, sounds like a very dubious tradeoff to me. There are far more people who have problems with diabetes and weight related illness than there are scurvy sufferers.
>inb4 but it's natural

Diet soda is SHIT because artificial sweeteners are SHIT.

DRINK MORE WATER.

Why even bother asking? It doesn't taste very good, and it'll probably be your gateway into regular soda sooner or later. Just stick to water. Cut up a lemon and put it in there if you're desperate.

shes so perfect
>tfw she'll never say the same about you

Lol.

>Mommy
>He

the bubblies feel good on my tounge

the ph level of sodas is no where near stomach acidity

stop pulling things out of your ass

"Everything" is fine in moderation

A nice arizona about once a month

Is there a way to use this extra insulin to our advantage for diet or exercise purposes?

I have no idea how it works.

Aspartame does not cause an insulin response.

>It's going to make you more hungry than before you drank it
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2900484/

Yup.

The only real damage the acidity causes is to your teeth. And even that isn't as severe as you might think. So long as you're not letting your teeth soak in soda for many minutes at a time and then not eating/drinking anything else for a long time you're probably okay.

Source: I drink 8-10 diet cokes a day and have done so for around 15 years now. Every time I go to the dentist my teeth are totally fine except for the usual very light plaque build up on my molars which is pretty typical.

Imagine being a girl, now imagine someone tells you to take your lipstick and smear it all over your mouth like a weirdo. No imagine you're crying and your mascara is running and you have lipstick all over your face... That's how bad it is for you.

I put Nilla waffers in a bowl and eat them like cereal.

>My wifes son