What would you do if you were the current president of Mauritania?

What would you do if you were the current president of Mauritania?
>4,472,287 population. (2017)
>998.00 (2.000.000 urban area) Nouakchott
>Islamic Republic , ethnic conflict(Arabs vs Local ethnics)
>1.030.700km2 (754 km of coast )
>pib 16.710 millions(per capita 4.004 dollars)
> desert climate( very dry ,water problems), but a small strip to the south where the Senegal river passes ,very green zone

What would you do to improve the situation of your country? Eliminate Islamism? Improve education? Help create a high tech industry?

Other urls found in this thread:

openknowledge.worldbank.org/handle/10986/12333
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_Mauritania
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Enhance commerce by simplifying border crossing procedures and building roads along coastal routes, connecting Morocco with Senegal and Mali.

>Work with World Bank in establishing solar panels in order to reduce costs for petroleum generation.

>Take advantage of cheap labor conditions and establish free-trade zone, encourage French companies as the language is commonly spoken.

>Modernize fishery industry

>Make it easier to start a business by reducing burdensome bureaucracy.

>Promote anti-corruption campaign to ensure a more positive business climate.

>Retain a capable well-paid army and look to USA for training/funding opportunities to combat terrorism.

>Attempt to use limited revenues to ensure public school system is funded

Look to Paul Kagame for additional inspiration.

If you want to nerd out on some really technical shit, be my guest:

openknowledge.worldbank.org/handle/10986/12333

Genocide the blacks.

Invade Morocco and steal their tourist dollars

Rwanda is a good example aswell as Kenya, Ethiopia, Ivory Coast and Ghana all of these nations are expected to be Middle income nations by 2025 (aswell as Rwanda)

thanks for your opinion, I thought that nobody answers in a moderately good way.

But I think it would be better

> To help the best students finance university careers in the best universities, in economics, administration, all branches that can help etc...(like the Chicago boys of Chile)

>centralize the government in the capital, improve the planning of the city, try to turn it into a metropolis.

>help the displacement of the population to the Senegal River this help the living conditions (try to dislodge the entire Sahara area, create national parks in the Sahara)

>authoritarian government (who will oppose, most of the neighboring countries are) this to help against gender equality and the integrity of minorities and control the Muslim radicals

>establish a system of citizen punctuation (as in China) to know which people are valuable to the country and which are not. (hello Orwell)

The big problems I see are the financing and development of a high class that can create jobs and big companies to make a developed country

>help against gender equality and the integrity of minorities
???

All these authoritarian liberal schemes are jist begging for the country to be controled by a filthy comprador class that controls thenmajority of the country and invites wedtern countries to ass fuck their country in exchange for bribes

>Occupy Polisario Front for more land and resources
>Invade Senegal for same reason
>Legalize slavery
>Build a harem of qt French/mulatto Senegambian slaves
>Invite some Arab princes for days of debauchery and convince them to invest in my country
>Get GDP per capita up to ~$3000 so people will not be too poor, but not wealthy enough to create a strong middle class
>Invite some white people, preferably frogs, to help administer my new empire
>Go full Bokassa and get myself some sick imperial threads
>Live in luxury from slave trade profits and corruption

Fuck Africans desu

Aham... Singapour??

Kill and enslave people, order not important.

Senegal have 16,043,358 of population :) and mauritania only 4 ,447,287

We are Arabs though.

mixture:)

Make slavery legal again and allow mad scientists and black agencies like the KGB and cia to operate prisons in my country

Maybe youre right but thats a piece of land in the middle of the worlds most busiest sea-lane..

if there are currently 155,600 slaves in the country, it has a humanitarian crisis

>en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_Mauritania

But it's only de facto allowed. It was only de jure banned in 2006

In the US, on appearance alone almost all Mauritanins would be considered 'black".

but currently that's still being demanded by the un

cuckservative: the post

Declare myself Sultan and improve the country with my strongman tactics.

This isn't history

Nothing, as is tradition.

>Work with World Bank in establishing solar panels in order to reduce costs for petroleum generation.

Good luck getting investors to hop on that idea considering Mauritania hasn't really done anything to be inviting to foreign investment.

>Modernize fishery industry

They need a coast guard to make that work.

>Take advantage of cheap labor conditions and establish free-trade zone, encourage French companies as the language is commonly spoken.

French is only spoken in Media or the upper educated class. Also FTZ are pretty limited since companies always bounce to the cheapest place available unless said FTZ lowers it's price of labour even further so sweatshops start popping up.

>Retain a capable well-paid army and look to USA for training/funding opportunities to combat terrorism.
>Attempt to use limited revenues to ensure public school system is funded

that's a ton of money

>Promote anti-corruption campaign to ensure a more positive business climate.

Won't do much. Mauritania in it's position has no pull to it no matter what due to it's local. It's basically a pacific island nation in terms of what it could possibly offer. Why Mauritania over any other West African state let alone French African.

>establish a system of citizen punctuation (as in China) to know which people are valuable to the country and which are not. (hello Orwell)

Why would you want to inflict this on another nation?

Legalise soft drugs and prostitution.